Instant Pot Beets Recipe
Instant Pot Beets is the fastest and easiest way to cook sweet and tender beets. Use your cooked beets in soups, salads, or enjoy them as a nutritious snack.
Clean beets to remove any dirt or dust. Cut off and discard roots and stems.
Place a rack into the bottom of a 6 Qt instant pot and add 1 cup water. Place beets over the rack in a single layer, cover with the lid and set the valve to the “sealing” position. Pressure cook on high pressure then do a quick pressure release by carefully flipping the valve to the “venting” position until all of the steam is released according to the pressure indicator.
Cool the beets and wear gloves to peel the skins.
Instant Pot Beets Cook Times:
Cook all beet sizes on high pressure followed by a quick pressure release.
* Very small (1 1/2” to 1 3/4” diameter) - 15 min
* Small (2” diameter) - 20 min
* Medium (2 1/4” diameter) - 25 min
* Medium-Large (2 1/2” diameter) - 30 min
* Large (2 3/4” diameter) - 35 min
* Extra Large (3” diameter) - 40 min