Easy Homemade Salsa Recipe
This easy restaurant-style salsa recipe is a game-changer. Fresh homemade salsa is perfect for taco night or munching with tortilla chips.
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes halved or quartered
- 12 oz canned petite diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper roughly chopped, seeded
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt adjust to taste
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender. Pulse in 2 second bursts until all ingredients are chopped and combined. Note: Don’t over blend your salsa. You want a fine texture, but not a puree.
Leave salsa covered and refrigerated for a couple of hours before you are ready to serve. This will bring all the flavors together.