Hamburger Soup Recipe
This Hamburger Soup is loaded with tender ground beef, diced tomatoes, and hearty veggies. A warming and comforting soup recipe that is perfect for the cooler months.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef, 85% or leaner
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Preheat a 5 1/2 qt dutch oven or soup pot with olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery into the pot. Sauté the veggies until softened.
Add the ground beef, breaking it apart as you go. Cook it until it turns golden brown.
Stir in the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, tomato paste, potatoes, and beef broth. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Season to taste and serve garnished with chopped parsley.