Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon Recipe
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into six, 5 ½-ounce filets (boneless, skin-on, or skinless)
- 1/2 lemon, sliced for garnish, optional
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped to garnish, optional
Preheat the oven to 400˚F with one rack positioned in the top third of your oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, mustard, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
Lay the fillets on the prepared baking sheet skin-side-down (if your fillets have skin) and spaced about 1 inch apart.
Generously spread the glaze over the top and sides of the fish. Bake for 10-15 minutes*, or until the internal temperature at the thickest part reaches 145˚F on an instant-read thermometer, and the flesh flakes easily with a fork.
*For leaner or thinner wild-caught fillets, bake for 10 to 12 minutes. For thicker, fattier farmed fillets or king salmon, bake for 12 to 15 minutes