Tuscan Chicken Recipe
Pair this Tuscan Chicken with pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes for an easy weeknight dinner the entire family will love!
- 2 large chicken breasts, halved (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp light olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, green parts, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
In a large non-reactive skillet over medium heat and melt in 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Season chicken all over with about 1/2 salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Add chicken to the hot skillet and sauté 3-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through to a safe internal temperature of 165 ̊F on an instant-read thermometer.
Remove chicken from the pan and transfer to a cutting board to cool then slice chicken if desired.
In the same pan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp oil and sliced mushrooms, and sauté 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly golden and excess liquid has evaporated. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, green onion, minced garlic 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Sauté another 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant.
Stir in cream and sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan cheese over the top. Bring to a light boil, stirring frequently then reduce heat and simmer (2 minutes) until sauce is slightly thickened. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Add spinach and stir just until wilted. Add chicken back to the pan, and spoon warm sauce over it then remove from heat. Garnish with chives if desired.
Important: use a stainless steel skillet or non-reactive skillet. Avoid cast iron or copper which reads with acidic ingredients and can curdle the sauce.