Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
This Slow Cooker Beef Stew is such a comforting soup made by simmering beef and vegetables, in a crockpot to make a tender and savory soup.
- 2 tbsp extra light olive oil, or high heat cooking oil
- 3 lb beef chuck roast, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb Yukon potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fine sea salt, or added to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- parsley, finely chopped, to serve
Preheat a skillet with oil. Once the oil is hot, add the beef in a single layer and saute until browned on both sides. Don't crowd the pan and cook beef in batches if needed. Remove and set aside.
In the same skillet, sauté the onion until lightly browned, adding more oil if needed.
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker. Set it on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.
Remove bay leaves, season to taste, and serve garnished with parsley if desired.