Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe
This Avocado Chicken Salad recipe is a keeper! Easy, excellent chicken salad with lemon dressing, plenty of avocado, irresistible bites of bacon and corn. Optional: For even more protein, we add 2 hard boiled eggs, halved or quartered.
Avocado Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts shredded or chopped
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup corn from 1 cooked cob
- 6 oz lean bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup Chives (or green onion), chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dill chopped, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Dice or shred the 2 large cooked chicken breasts and place into a large mixing bowl.
Peel and pit 2 large avocados, slice into bite-sized pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
Add 1 cup of cooked corn (freshly cooked corn is best), toss in 1/4 cup chopped green onion, chopped bacon, and 2 Tbsp fresh Dill.
Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Drizzle over your salad and toss to combine. Serve with slices of hard boiled egg if desired.
*You can use rotisserie chicken, cook your own chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper or use well-drained canned chicken.
**For a healthier salad, you can use uncured turkey bacon which tastes amazing, but has less fat.