Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe (VIDEO)
This Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe has so much flavor! It’s creamy but light with the avocado and so satisfying. I know, I know chicken salad recipes usually have mayo but you will never miss it!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
BONUS: If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, this chicken salad tastes just as good the next day – perfect for a to-go lunch. You all are always requesting good work and school lunch ideas and I hope you love this one!
Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe:
My son was particularly smitten with this chicken avocado salad and requested it for his birthday. It was in his top 3 requests. The other two were this shrimp dip and a cheesy breakfast sandwich. His birthday is coming up this weekend so I’ll be sure to make his dreams come true ;).
This chicken salad is a winner and it is well loved by adults and children. Everything about this is good and you’ll want that fresh lemon dressing on all of your salads.
Easy Chicken Salad Ingredients!!
This Avocado Chicken Salad has such simple ingredients and you may already have everything you need to make it (I just love when that happens)!
- We use rotisserie chicken to simplify the process but you can cook your own chicken breast
- If you are looking to cut the fat, use turkey bacon instead
- For extra protein, add 2 hard boiled eggs
How to Make this a Paleo Chicken Salad:
This salad is perfect for nearly every diet. To make this salad paleo friendly, sub the corn (which is considered a grain) with sliced cucumber.
How to Store Leftover Chicken Salad:
Cover chicken avocado salad with plastic wrap directly over the surface of the salad (keeping the air out will prevent browning of the avocados) and refrigerate.
How to Serve Chicken Salad:
This avocado chicken salad is deliciously versatile. It is a protein packed salad so it’s perfect for work lunch or meal prep and the lemon keeps it fresh and vibrant. Serve this chicken salad:
- As a main course salad
- In sandwiches or pita pockets
- As a filling for lettuce wraps
This is one of our very favorite salad recipes; seriously tasty and easy, hearty but feel good food at the same time.
More Salad Recipes to Explore:
- Top reader favorite avocado recipes here
- If you enjoyed this, you will LOVE our Tuna Avocado Salad
- Avocado Salmon Salad – so fresh and healthy for summer
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad – always a hit at parties
Watch How to Make Avocado Chicken Salad:
We used rotisserie chicken which makes this salad super quick and easy to prepare. It’s totally ok to cook your own chicken, or use a good quality canned and well-drained chicken in a pinch.
⬇Print-Friendly Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe:
Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe
Avocado Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup corn, from 1 cooked cob
- 6 oz lean bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup Chives , (or green onion), chopped
- 2 Tbsp Dill, chopped, or to taste
- Dice or shred the 2 large cooked chicken breasts and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and pit 2 large avocados, slice into bite-sized pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of cooked corn (freshly cooked corn is best), toss in 1/4 cup chopped green onion, chopped bacon, and 2 Tbsp fresh Dill.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Drizzle over your salad and toss to combine. Serve with slices of hard boiled egg if desired.
**For a healthier salad, you can use uncured turkey bacon which tastes amazing, but has less fat.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Tools Used to Make this Recipe (affiliate links):
We hope you discover a new favorite in this recipe. It’s one of those recipes that you make once and then 50 times over. If you try it, let me know what you think in a comment below!