Leftover Turkey in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
This leftover Turkey recipe is by far my favorite way to use up leftover turkey! Turkey in creamy mushroom sauce is so easy and a big win in our family!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour gluten free flour works well too
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 4-6 Cups leftover turkey meat torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Parsley to garnish optional
Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and diced onions and sauté until soft and golden (4-5 minutes, stirring frequently). Add mushrooms to the pan and sauté until soft and golden (5-7 min, stirring frequently). Remove mushrooms and onions from pan.
In the same hot pan (no need to wash it), add 4 Tbsp unsalted butter. Once melted, whisk in 3 Tbsp flour (I used a gluten free flour at my sisters house and it worked just as well!). Cook, whisking continually until youx is a golden brown (1 1/2 to 2 min) then whisk in 2 cups chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and season to taste (I added 1/2 tsp sea salt and a pinch of black pepper).
Add add mushrooms/onions back to the pan. Stir in turkey and heat until turkey is just heated through. Garnish with finely chopped parsley if desired.