School Lunch Ideas + Kid Friendly Yogurt Parfait
Back to school – it’s that time again! We constantly get requests for school lunch ideas and I’ll admit that packing lunches is a challenge – balancing nutritious choices with what your child will actually eat. We’ve partnered with Annie’s and Target to give you creative school lunch ideas your children will love, and you will feel good about what’s in their lunch box!
It’s the best feeling to open that lunch box at the end of the day and realize your child loved what you packed. I hope these school lunch ideas make your life a whole lot easier!
Don’t miss the kid-friendly parfait which is perfect for breakfast or an after school snack. It comes together in 5 minutes and you will be surprised by the simple wholesome ingredients. P.S. Also check out the hot lunch ideas at the end of the post – no microwave required!
SCHOOL LUNCH IDEAS:
We love lists! I print and hang these lunch ideas in the pantry for quick reference and inspiration. Check out the Annie’s website to learn more about the products I mention here!
Fruit for School Lunch:
Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
Vegetables for School Lunch:
Black Olives (not really a vegetable)
Corn on the cob
Sides and School Lunch Snacks:
Main Course School Lunches:
Thermos School Lunch Ideas:
We LOVE Annie’s mac and cheese. It’s so creamy and hearty – such a treat! I can imagine the smile on my son’s face as he opens his thermos at school filled with creamy, warm mac and cheese!
Tips for using a thermos:
- Pack hot thermos in the morning (5 hours before it’s eaten)
- Heat the thermos first: add boiling water, cover and let sit 5 min then drain (pat dry if adding chicken nuggets). Heat food until it’s hot. Place into heated thermos and close tightly with lid. Food will be warm at lunchtime. Here is the Thermos we use.
Kid-Friendly Yogurt Parfaits Recipe
These yogurt parfaits are perfect for breakfast or an after school snack. They are packed with protein, grains and fruit which provide lasting feel good energy. Kids can assemble their own parfaits, choosing their favorite berries. This is the easiest recipe with no cooking required.
Ingredients for 2 Parfaits:
2 (4 oz each) Annie’s Very Vanilla Yogurt Cups
1/4 cup Annie’s Frosted Oat Flakes Cereal, coarsely crushed
1 cup fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
How to Make Yogurt Parfaits:
1. In a small glass cup, add 1/2 package of Annie’s Vanilla yogurt. Sprinkle the top generously with crushed cereal then top with 1/4 cup of berries. Repeat with a second layer of yogurt, cereal and berries. Serve right away.
Print-Friendly Yogurt Parfait Recipe:
School Lunch Ideas + Kid Friendly Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- 2 (4 oz each) Annie's Vanilla Yogurt Cups
- ¼ cup Annie's Frosted Oat Flakes Cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- In a small glass cup, add ½ package of Annie's Vanilla yogurt. Sprinkle the top generously with crushed cereal then top with ¼ cup of berries. Repeat with a second layer of yogurt, cereal and berries. Serve right away.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
We love that Annie’s provides Gluten free yum and Organic for everybunny! They also use organic and non-GMO ingredients, without artificial flavors or colors. This is exactly why we love and trust Annie’s for our kiddos. Annie’s is sold in Target stores and they have some great offers coming up so you can stock up and save on your favorite treats!
Don’t miss Annie’s Cartwheel Offers at Target:
8/20/17 – 8/26/17 All Annie’s Products on Sale
*2 for $5 Annie’s Crackers & Cookie Boxes
*5 for $5 Annie’s Mac and Cheese (our favorite Annie’s product!)
8/27/17 – 9/2/17 – Annie’s Fruit Snacks, Granola Bars and Microwave Cup Mac and Cheese
Our little bunny sure loves Annie’s bunnies! 🙂
I am always on the lookout for new school lunch ideas. Please share yours in a comment below and thank you in advance (from one parent to another ;).
P.S. Have you tried packing warm lunch in a thermos?? I’d love to hear about your children’s favorites!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Target & Annie’s. The opinions and text are all mine. We love partnering with brands we love and trust. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.