Cooking With Kids + MASTERCHEF JUNIOR Giveaway
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Today David, who will very proudly tell you he’s 6 and tallest in his class, made his adorable debut on my blog :). This post is all about cooking with kids and if you don’t have kids, borrow some (with permission of course)! Cooking with kids is a hoot. We had so much fun making this post, from the shopping to the tasting.
Watch the video to see what David cooked up and be sure to enter the fun giveaway! P.S. I included a round up of 20 kid friendly recipes from my blog to get you inspired.
Why cooking with kids is important:
1. Teach them a basic life skill: You have the opportunity to teach them to cook and how to do it safely. It’s better to teach them “how to fish” instead of just giving them the fish, if you will :). The kitchen is a great classroom!
2. Build confidence: It also helps kids feel grown up and important.
3. Inspire picky eaters: Something about choosing and combining ingredients makes kids more likely to try new foods.
4. Nurture a servant heart: They will feel good about serving others by making them a delicious meal, because that’s the heart of cooking :).
5. It’s fun: Messy, but fun. Don’t cry over spilled milk, literally. It’s much more memorable when an egg flies across the room (I’m not saying that will happen to you) ;).
We really enjoyed making this video. It was sponsored by The show; MASTERCHEF JUNIOR on FOX. We were so excited when they asked us to create this video because (1) we like the show and (2) my son loves to help in the kitchen. He has a fun-loving personality and I’ll take any excuse to hang out with him. We hope this inspires you to get your kids involved in cooking.
It’s a competition for kids between 8 and 13 to show off their culinary abilities and love for food. The contestants are adorable and award winning chef Gordon Ramsay is the host. The whole thing is so much fun to watch. They go through a serious of cooking challenges starting with 24 contestants and one talented MASTERCHEF JUNIOR takes home a $100,000 prize!
P.S. Don’t miss an all-new season of MASTERCHEF JUNIOR Fridays at 8/7c on Fox!
20 of our favorite kid-friendly recipes:
1. Greek Yogurt Pancakes
2. Quick and Easy Buttermilk Pancakes
3. French Toast
4. Breakfast Burritos
5. Corn Pops Treats
6. Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
7. Raspberry Pretzel Jello
8. Ukrainian Waffle Cakes
9. Cherry Cheesecake
10. Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
11. Baked Chicken Nuggets
12. Easy Chicken Strips
13. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
14. Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon
15. Homemade Individual Pizzas
16. Easy Chicken Sandwich Melts
17. Chicken Cream Cheese Chili
18. Strawberry Smoothie
19. Blueberry Mango Smoothie
20. Lettuce wraps (our son loves these with ranch!)