Bloopers 2019 (Our Best Ever!)
The annual Bloopers is one of the most requested videos all year. We’ve filmed 50 new recipes this year and with that many videos, there are bound to be plenty of mistakes and embarrassing moments. This is my favorite bloopers video so far. P.S. Don’t miss our previous blooper videos below.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
WHY do we Film?
Filming is our creative outlet. We sure have fun in the kitchen. Honestly, filming is also one of the hardest things we do, but we love the challenge because we keep setting our own bar higher and higher. Videos feel like our own little products that we put out and they are why our Facebook page has grown to 5.6 million followers.
We’re also super excited that we are getting close to 1,000,000 subscribers on Youtube. If you haven’t already, click here to subscribe and click the bell icon so you’ll get a notification when we post new videos. Thank YOU for subscribing! It really means so much to us.
How do we Get this Done?
Imagine the scene, my husband and I hustling, just the two of us since 2009. Read on to learn what a typical filming week looks like for us. It is so much work, but it’s a labor of love. Check out all of our kitchen and filming equipment here.
- Morning: Natasha does one last test run of a recipe that has been tested and refined multiple times. Natasha photographs the ingredients and final “hero” shots of the recipe, plans wardrobe and coordinated kitchen decor and prepares every cooking tool needed for filming.
- Evening: Vadim sets up lights, camera mounts, tripods, and 3 cameras.
- Morning: Natasha plasters on a ridiculous amount of camera makeup and goes to the salon to get hair done by her stylist Fancy Pants Hair. The ingredients are all prepped and measured out. Natasha attaches the mic and does soundcheck with Vadim. Vadim is turning on cameras, testing the controls for the overhead camera with his iPad, adjusting lights, and doing a soundcheck.
- Into the Afternoon: The babysitter arrives. We film the intro, then the full recipe tutorial. If we didn’t do it the day before, we pause to video record the glamour shots of the food (cheese pulls, sauciness, etc.) and we close the day with a taste test. We high five each other, eat what we made and the teardown of equipment starts. The kitchen is ours again!
- Post Processing: That’s just the filming portion. Our 3-4 hour filming session turns into a 5-7 minute video. Vadim does all the fantastic editing throughout the week by himself. I voiceover the instructions into a mic in our DIY sound booth when he’s done. He’s incredible at what he does and is the real hero of our videos.
Watch our 2019 Bloopers Video:
I hope you get a good chuckle out of this. Enjoy the show, everyone!
More Blooper Videos From the Past:
If you already have your popcorn in hand, you might as well watch the next few. I hope these release happy endorphins and laughter for you.
- Bloopers 2014 – our first-ever blooper reel
- Bloopers 2015 – flubs and blubs in our first house
- Bloopers 2016 – living with my parents
- Bloopers 2017 – STILL living with my parents
- Bloopers 2018 – transitioning to our new kitchen