Marinated Mini Bell Peppers
Marinated mini bell peppers recipe is so easy. No slicing, no dicing, no seeding. And, you can make them a full week or more in advance of your party. These marinated mini bell peppers make a vibrant and impressive side dish and features all the colors of Fall. They last for at least a couple of weeks in the refrigerator so you can definitely make these marinated peppers ahead of time. This recipe comes from my friend Natalya’s new blog; Mom’s Dish; thank you so much for sharing this great recipe!
Ingredients for Marinated Mini Bell Peppers:
1.5 lb mini bell peppers (one bag from Costco)
2 Tbsp oil to sauté
1 cup chopped parsley divided
1 cup chopped dill divided
6 pressed garlic cloves
6 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp salt
1¼ cup white vinegar
1 cup cold water
How to Make Marinated Mini Bell Peppers:
1. Mix together 1 cup water, 1¼ cup vinegar, 6 pressed garlic cloves, 6 Tbsp of sugar, & 2 Tbsp of salt. It seems like a lot of sugar, but it is the right amount. And you won’t be drinking the marinade (I hope). Set the marinade aside.
2. Thoroughly wash mini bell peppers and dry them with paper towels.
3. Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium/high heat. Place dried bell peppers on the skillet and saute them for 7-10 minutes until golden on the sides, tossing them around every couple minutes. Beware of oil splatter, use oil splatter guard or a lid. Remove sauteed bell peppers from the skillet and let them cool.
4. You can use either a 1/2 gallon jar or any similar-sized lidded container and place ½ cup of chopped parsley along with ½ cup of chopped dill on the bottom of the dish. Tightly pack bell peppers in to the jar.
5. Pour the marinade over the bell peppers and top them with the remaining parsley and dill. Cover jar with lid and marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator before serving. We put a small cup inside the jar to help keep the bell peppers submerged.
Marinated Mini Bell Peppers
- 1.5 lb mini bell peppers (one bag from Costco)
- 2 Tbsp oil to sauté
- 1 cup chopped parsley divided
- 1 cup chopped dill divided
- 6 pressed garlic cloves
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- For the marinade, mix together 1 cup water, 1¼ cup vinegar, 6 pressed garlic cloves, 6 Tbsp of sugar, & 2 Tbsp of salt. Stir until sugar dissolves then set aside.
- Wash and dry mini bell peppers.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute peppers until sides look golden (8-10 min). Beware of oil splatter, use oil splatter guard or a lid. Remove peppers from the skillet and let them cool.
- Place ½ cup of parsley, ½ cup of dill on the bottom of a ½ gallon jar (or similar container). Tightly fill it with peppers.
- Pour marinade over the bell peppers and finish with remaining herbs on top Cover jar with lid and marinate 24 hours in the refrigerator before serving. We put a small cup inside the jar to help keep the bell peppers submerged.
Everyone who tries this marinated mini bell peppers recipe, loves it! It’s incredibly tasty and gets rave reviews everywhere it goes. I hope you all love it too. It’s definitely worth discovering!