Anna’s Baby Shower
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
I hosted my sister Anna’s baby shower this weekend and it was wonderful. Thanks to all the family and friends who worked hard to make the party happen with a special thanks to everyone who cooked or prepared something!
And thank you to all the guests for gracing us with your presence (and the presents too; I’m sure Anna appreciated all of them very much!) The food was fantastic (as usual) and the group was lively and a whole lot of fun!
Congrats to Anna!! I can’t wait to meet your baby girl 🙂 Here’s a peak at the menu, venue and smiling faces (nothing else rhymes with menu!).
We took a few pics in the backyard before the weather got ugly and super windy. Although the hair in windy pictures would have been most awesome.
The colors of the baby shower were yellow and grey with music notes and doilies. The doilies made everything seem like a vintage tea party and although there was no “theme,” it all came together.
Paper flowers for the baby clothes line. Thanks Pinterest!
And the food:
Russian Beet Salad (no cooking Required!):
Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing:
Chicken with Mushroom Casserole:
Here’s the beautiful mama-to-be:
She’s obviously lovin’ the menu. Anna, I hope you enjoyed your baby shower!
Ok, so my other sister’s baby shower is in a couple months. Anyone have any more great baby shower ideas (food, games, etc.)
Read comments/reviewsAdd comment/review
Hi Natasha! I was just wondering what was the punch made out of? Thanks!
Goodness I can’t even remember who brought that! Although, here is a very good punch that we make all the time for parties: https://natashaskitchen.com/2012/05/22/strawberry-basil-lemonade/ and this one is very good and even easier: https://natashaskitchen.com/2012/01/23/strawberry-party-punch/
Natasha, thank you for all the wonderful recipes!
Everything is done with love and passion! Great work!
Thank you Inna 🙂
such a cute baby-shower i adore it!
Thanks so much 🙂
Aw, she looks amazing! What a lovely shower you threw for her! the fruit and the dessert look incredible!!
Thank you 🙂
1. right down some baby items on little pieces of paper, (like pacifire, bottle, walker, stroller, etc..), get the people to pick one paper (item), give them some play dough, and ask them to make the item they picked… it is funny, you can time them too.
2. put some baby items(like 10) on big tray, show it to the guests, give them like 1 minute to see what’s there, then hide the tray, and ask them to right down the items they remember.
3. Fill the baby bottle with candys and ask guests to guess how many candys is inside, wins the person who’s # was coser.
Good luck, it is fun with sisters in the family. I have 3 isters, but i’m the only one who have kids… but some day…. lol
Thank you Luba! The play dough one sounds funny. Does the mom have to guess what the item was or does she judge who made the best baby item? We’ve done #2 and enjoyed it! Yes, one day. 🙂 But, at least your children get all the attention for now 😉
I love all your recipes. Great job! Loooove decor as well! Creative, cooking people rock!
Oh I couldn’t agree with you more! Lol. Thanks Inna. I’m alot more creative in food than in crafts. I use pinterest and my sister is more creative than me in this kind of stuff 😉
Here are some baby shower game ideas for you:
1. Heavy Purse – Have a scale and weigh everyone’s purse. The guest with the heaviest purse wins a prize. You will be surprise how heavy some girl’s purses are.
2. Pins In The Rice – Fill up a large-sized bowl with uncooked rice. Mix in a bunch of safety pins. Blind fold each player and the one who can pull out the most pins in a given time wins!
3. It Takes Two- Get two people and/or couple and have them stand side by side. Each person can only use one had. One person must use their left hand and the other must use their right. Together, they need to assist each other in dressing a baby doll. It’s amazing how difficult it is to dress a baby. I guess it goes back to original saying “It takes two!”
4. Multi-tasking Mom – Have two people hold up a clothes line. Give the “victim” a baby doll to hold, a telephone to talk on, and a basket full of clothes to hang with clothes pins. The timer begins whenever the participant receives a phone call (someone can call them from a cell phone). She must then proceed to have a conversation, hold the baby and hang out the clothes-all at the same time! The person to hang all clothes the quickest wins. (This one great for co-ed baby shower and have Dad’s/guys participate)
We’ve done #2 and #3 before, but #1 and #4 are new. I love them both. They sound like a hoot!! They made me chuckle just reading about them.
I love the doilies! Where do you think they sell them for a good deal? I need the little ones, like on your water bottles. Also, what did you tie the water bottles with?
There are little ones in Walmart; I think in the wedding section. Mine weren’t little; I had to fold them into the center to make them smaller :). Craft stores usually have them too.
How did she do it? did she find it online somewhere?
Here are some instructions that are pretty easy to follow: http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to which might be easier than me trying to explain it! 🙂
thank you so much =)
Where did you get that big flower on diaper cake?
Were this decorations hand made or did you get them from store or online?
They were all hand-made by my sister. The flour is made of tissue paper.
Beautiful! I loved the decorations and colors that you used. You created an elegant, warm and inviting atmosphere. The food looks really yummy, too. Your sisters are lucky to have you.
Thank you Olga. We worked together to make it happen 🙂
lovely shower… love the grey and yellow!
Thanks Elvira; it matched her baby room colors 🙂
what a lovely shower! I’m drooling over the fruit!! 🙂
Thank you! I was just checking out your blog 🙂 You are a nurse and you live in Idaho!! We probably have a lot in common!
Yes! My husband and I live in Nampa and I work at St.ALS in Boise. I know you’re somewhere in this neighborhood from what I’ve seen on your blog…I love meeting fellow idaho bloggers!
Awesome!! Me too! Maybe we will see each other at Winco one day. If that is the case, please do flag me down! 🙂
Natasha, very cute and all the food looks delicious.
Thank you Anastasia 🙂
there is a game where you get a ton of baby socks, you lay them out on the floor all separated and then you have two ladies go head to head and see who can get the most pairs in 30 seconds 🙂
also get like 10 cans of baby food, rip off the labels and have the people guess what flavor they are(so disgusting when you expect it to be a fruit and then its like beans) and then see who can guess the most right.
pin the binkey on the crying baby. get a huge poster and draw a crying baby on it(i used an image from google) and then cut out colorful note cards and draw the back of the binkey on it so it looks like a binky and have kids, or adults blindfolded trying to tape it onto the baby’s mouth 🙂
also baby price is right
Thank you Kristina!! We’ve done something similar with the baby food, but the other ideas are all new! How do you play baby price is right?
baby price is right is super easy! 🙂
find 10 baby items like, soska, bottle, bib, diapers, lotion, powder and so forth. go to one store like walmart or target or any convenience store of choice and find prices for those items and then leave out the items on a table and have the guests match up the prices to the items, then you can use those items and give them as your gift. whoever has the most correct is the winner!!!
That sounds perfect!! I’ll tell my other sister (we are planning it together) Thanks Kristina!!
You are so creative, I love all of ur decorations and food, I haven’t made ur chicken and mushroom caserole in a while so thanks for the reminder 🙂 You have a beautiful family and all the sisters look alike 🙂
Thank you so much 🙂
Wow!!! I love your decoration ideas! Absolutely gorgeous )
I bet it is so nice to be 4 sisters of similar age….
Does your sister have a name for her unborn baby girl?
And one more) What kind of cake is that with strawberries on top? Looks delicious!
P.S. Nicely done, Natasha 🙂
Thank you 🙂 I don’t think they have decided on a name. It’s a Boccone dolce cake and I will post it soon! it was fabulous!