Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce (VIDEO)
Shrimp lettuce wraps loaded with fresh veggies and juicy shrimp. The peanut sauce is exceptional and surprisingly simple. Lettuce wraps are a low carb, healthy dinner idea and they always disappear fast!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
These shrimp lettuce wraps make for one delicious and super impressive meal. I REALLY want you to discover the peanut dipping sauce (also great on chicken wraps). You might be pouring it over all of your lettuce wraps forever.
What Are Lettuce Wraps?
They are similar to spring rolls but wrapped in a fresh lettuce cup instead of rice paper. They usually have some kind of protein; chicken, ground pork, shrimp, etc., are loaded with fresh vegetables and served with a peanut dipping sauce. Lettuce wraps are often on restaurant menus such as PF Chang’s famous lettuce wraps.
What is Boston Lettuce?
We love the cup-like shape and dark leaves of the Boston lettuce. It is also sometimes called “bib lettuce”, or “butter lettuce.” They are sold next to regular lettuce and sometimes come in closed plastic containers labeled as “living” plants with the root attached.
Can I Substitute Lettuce?
YES! If you are not able to find it in your local grocery store, regular sandwich lettuce or even the leaves from hearts of romaine will work. 🙂
Peanut Sauce Recipe:
Ok don’t laugh, this peanut sauce has 2 ingredients. You combine them in a mason jar, cover and shake until smooth. It is better than any restaurant version we have tried.
- THE DRESSING: We use “Newman’s Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger” dressing (P.S. this dressing contains wheat so if you’re gluten free, try: Bragg’s ginger sesame).
- THE PEANUT BUTTER: You can use any brand of creamy peanut butter to make peanut dressing. If your peanut butter has been refrigerated, bring to room temperature so it blends easier with the dressing.
How to Serve Lettuce Wraps:
Let your family or guests assemble your lettuce wraps buffet style. We start with a lettuce leaf, add several strips of carrot and cucumber, some avocado, 2 shrimp and a couple generous-sized sprigs of cilantro.
DO NOT skip on the cilantro. At least give it a whirl. It totally reminds me of spring rolls and makes the entire lettuce wrap dangerously enticing. Finally, drizzle the top with the peanut dipping sauce. It will change your life.
Watch How to Make Shrimp Lettuce Wraps:
See Natasha make these lettuce wraps and easy peanut sauce. If you enjoy our videos, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel and click the bell icon so you’ll be the first to know when we post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing! We love hanging out with you on our Youtube Channel.
Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1/2 cup Lowfat sesame ginger dressing, (We use Newman's Own Brand*)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- Rinse and pat dry your shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to a large hot non-stick skillet. Once oil is hot, add shrimp and sauté on med/high heat 2 min per side or just until cooked through then transfer to a plate.
- Cut your cucumber and carrot into thin matchsticks. Slice your avocado into strips, cut cilantro springs in half.
- Make your peanut dressing, combine 1/2 cup sesame ginger dressing with the 1 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter in a mason jar or tupperware with tight fitting lid. Shake thoroughly until smooth.
- To assemble lettuce wraps, place the lettuce cups on a platter, add several strips of carrot and cucumber, sliced avocado, 2 shrimp and a couple of large sprigs of cilantro. Drizzle the top with the peanut dipping sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Lettuce wraps are an easy entertaining idea for summer. Having friends and family assemble their own lettuce wraps is a memorable way to share a meal.