Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe (VIDEO)
This avocado chicken salad has so much flavor! It’s creamy but light with the avocado and so satisfying. I know, I know chicken salad usually has mayo but you will never miss it! Adding avocado gives this salad just the right amount of creaminess and you all know how I feel about avocados – they pretty much make everything better!
BONUS: If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, this chicken salad tastes just as good the next day – perfect for a to-go lunch. You all are always requesting good work and school lunch ideas and I hope you love this one! Try this chicken salad in sandwiches, pita pockets and even lettuce wraps, or simply enjoy it with a fork.
My son was particularly smitten with this salad and requested it for his birthday. It was in his top 3 requests. The other two were this shrimp dip and a cheesy breakfast sandwich. His birthday is coming up this weekend so I’ll be sure to make his dreams come true ;).
Watch How to Make Avocado Chicken Salad:
We used rotisserie chicken which makes this salad super quick and easy to prepare. It’s totally ok to cook your own chicken, or use a good quality canned and well-drained chicken in a pinch.
This Avocado Chicken Salad has such simple ingredients and you may already have everything you need to make it (I just love when that happens)!
Tips for Storing Leftovers:
Cover with plastic wrap directly over the surface of the salad (keeping the air out will prevent browning of the avocados) and refrigerate.
Serve this chicken salad as an entree, or in sandwiches, pita pockets and even as a filling for lettuce wraps. This avocado chicken salad is deliciously versatile.
⬇️Print-Friendly Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe:
Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe
Avocado Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 2 large chicken breasts,* shredded or chopped
- 3 medium or 2 large avocados
- 1 cup corn (from 1 cooked cob)
- 6 oz Bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup Chives or green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped Dill
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cut in halves or quarters, optional
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Dice or shred the 2 large cooked chicken breasts and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and pit 2 large avocados, slice into bite-sized pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of cooked corn (freshly cooked corn is best), toss in ¼ cup chopped green onion, chopped bacon, and 2 Tbsp fresh Dill.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Drizzle over your salad and toss to combine. Serve with slices of hard boiled egg if desired.
Notes*You can use rotisserie chicken, cook your own chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper or use well-drained canned chicken.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Tools Used to Make this Recipe (affiliate links):
This salad is seriously tasty and easy; hearty but feel good food at the same time. It makes me want to plan a picnic and I am overdue for a picnic ;).