Spicy Sausage Asparagus Quiche (VIDEO)
Every bite of this Sausage Asparagus Quiche is pure comfort. It is loaded with juicy sausage, eggs and wholesome feel-good ingredients. The asparagus and herbs balance the whole dish making it fresh and bright. TABASCO® Sauce enlivens the flavors of this classic brunch recipe and Smithfield Fresh Breakfast Sausage makes this quiche next-level delicious. Thank you to our friends at TABASCO® Brand for sponsoring this simple and flavorful quiche recipe.
This Sausage Asparagus Quiche is so satisfying and perfect for brunch! Think: Mother’s Day, or Sunday Funday! This is so much better than going out.
The flourless potato crust is naturally gluten free and if you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, quiche reheats really well! The addition of TABASCO® Sauce gives the quiche just the right amount of mild heat and wonderful peppery flavor.
Watch How to Make Sausage Asparagus Quiche:
Serve with more TABASCO® Sauce of course. Is there anything TABASCO® Brand doesn’t improve? In my ridiculous obsession with that tempting little bottle of hotness, we actually have a TABASCO® Sauce category on our site (don’t laugh).
Ingredients for Sausage Asparagus Quiche:
1 1/2 lbs (or 5 medium) russet potatoes
12 oz Smithfield Fresh Breakfast Sausage, Hometown Original
1/2 medium onion, (1 cup finely diced)
6 large eggs, divided
1 1/2 cups half and half (or use 3/4 cup milk + 3/4 cup heavy cream)
1 cup Mexican Cheese blend
2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 Tbsp dill, finely chopped
2 tsp TABASCO® Sauce
1 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
1/4 tsp garlic powder
8 oz asparagus, ends removed and cut into thirds
What You Will Need:
9″ deep pie dish
⬇️ Print-Friendly Sausage Asparagus Quiche Recipe:
Spicy Sausage Asparagus Quiche (VIDEO)
- 1½ lbs (or 5 medium) russet potatoes
- 12 oz Smithfield Fresh Breakfast Sausage, Hometown Original
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese blend
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp TABASCO® Sauce
- 1½ tsp sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper, divided
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz asparagus, ends removed and cut into thirds
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Generously butter a 9" pie dish.
How To Make Sausage Asparagus Quiche
- Peel and grate potatoes and squeeze out excess moisture with your hands then squeeze dry with 2 paper towels. Transfer dried potatoes to mixing bowl and add 1 egg, 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Quickly stir together until well combined then press into the buttered pie dish, molding the potatoes evenly over the bottom and all the way up the sides of the dish. Bake right away uncovered at 425˚F for 30 min. Remove from oven and decrease temperature to 350˚F.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium/high heat, add Smithfield Fresh Breakfast Sausage and sauté just until cooked through (5 mins). Add diced onion and sauté 5 min or until golden and sausage is starting to brown. Remove from heat and let cool while making egg mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 5 eggs, 1½ cups half and half, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp garlic powder, and 2 tsp TABASCO® Sauce** then whisk together until combined. Stir in 1 cup cheese, 2 Tbsp parsley, 1 Tbsp dill and the cooked sausage mixture. Pour mixture over prepared potato crust.
- Arrange sliced asparagus pieces over the top and bake uncovered at 350˚F for 55 to 60 minutes or until the center is set and no longer wobbles when you give the pan a jolt.
Notes*Once salt touches potatoes, they will start to release more moisture so bake your crust right away.
**Give your TABASCO® Sauce a good shake before using to to get the perfect blend of flavor and spice.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
I hope you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
P.S. Do you share my obsession with hotness? Let me know your favorite way to enjoy TABASCO® Sauce in a comment below!