Home > Dessert > Pie, Crumble > Apple Pie Recipe with the Best Filling (VIDEO)

Apple Pie Recipe with the Best Filling (VIDEO)

Classic Apple Pie Recipe with an irresistible homemade apple pie filling. From the best flaky pie crust to the generous saucy center, this recipe always gets glowing reviews. This is the pie everyone has to make for Thanksgiving!

We love apple recipes, from Baked Apples to Apple Slab Pie and let’s not forget Apple Cake. If you love apples, this apple pie is a must-try! Watch the video tutorial below and you’ll crave it until you make it.

Baked Apple Pie Recipe in pie dish

Apple Pie Recipe:

This Apple Pie is a treasure of a recipe. The filling was adapted slightly from the famous Grandma Ople apple pie. The method for this filling is surprising but it will win you over. It’s well worth the extra 5 minutes and you’ll never want canned apple pie filling again.

Apple Pie slice on a plate with fork

Apple Pie Crust:

We love this apple pie crust just as much as we love the filling. Since it’s an all-butter pie crust (no shortening), it’s flaky and tender. The bottom is never soggy but forms a crispness at the edges which doesn’t get any better.

Imagine roasted saucy apples bubbling through that flaky lattice crust. This is the only apple pie recipe you’ll ever need. Click to watch the pie crust video tutorial and print the recipe. We use this same crust for Blueberry Pie and Cherry Pie.

Crust for pie with ingredients to make pie including apples, sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon

The Best Apples for Apple Pie:

Any sweet/tart and crisp apple will do and you can adjust the sugar accordingly, we use a full cup of sugar for tart Granny Smith and slightly less for a sweeter apple such as Golden Delicious.

• Granny Smith – firm, tart and the gold standard for baking
  • Golden Delicious – balanced sweet/tart flavor
  • Jonagold – sweetness amplified by baking
  • Honeycrisp – ultra-crisp and sweet
  • Braeburn – crisp and doesn’t get mushy
  • Pink Lady – sweet and tart apples, hold their shape

Baked granny smith apples in pie on a plate

Our Favorite Tools to Make Pie:

You don’t need fancy equipment to make a pie. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the flour until it forms pea-sized crumbles, then add 6-8 Tbsp ice-cold water, folding it in with a spatula between each addition. It’s easy as pie! Here are our favorite pie-making tools to make the job easier:

Apple pie slice on a plate with apples in background

To Keep Pie From Browning Too Fast:

If you find the edges of your pie are browning too quickly, Cut a 3″ circle out of the center of a square sheet of foil and loosely place with the dull-side down over the top of your pie.

More Fall Baking Recipes:

Fall always puts me in the mood for baking. All of these recipes are on our regular rotation. These recipes are easy to make and are so good, they are our go-to Thanksgiving recipes!

Watch How to Make Apple Pie:

With the right recipe, homemade apple pie is easier than you think. This crust comes together fast and requires basic ingredients you probably already have on hand. The filling is scrumptious and equally simple to make.

If you enjoyed this video for Apple Pie, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel (P.S. Click the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new video). THANK YOU so much for subscribing!

Apple Pie Recipe with the Best Filling

Cook Time: 1 hour
Pie Crust Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours

Everyone has to make this Classic Apple Pie Recipe for Thanksgiving. You will love the flaky pie crust and the apple pie filling will surprise you.

Cost to Make: $10-$12 (varies by season)
Keyword: apple pie recipe
Course: Dessert
Calories: 379.61 kcal

1. Make the pie crust recipe and chill per instructions while preparing the filling. Preheat oven to 425˚F.

2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in 3 Tbsp flour then simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Whisk in 1/4 cup water, 1 cup sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue simmering 3 minutes, whisking frequently then remove from heat.

3. Peel, remove cores and thinly slice 7 cups of apples and place them in a large bowl. Sprinkle the top with 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and toss to combine. Pour the sauce over the apples and stir to coat the apple slices.

4. Sprinkle your work surface with flour and roll out bottom pie crust to a 12" diameter circle. Wrap it around your rolling pin to transfer it to the 9" pie plate. Add apple mixture, mounding slightly in the center and being careful not to get the filling on the edges which would make it difficult to seal.

5. Roll second crust into an 11" round and cut into 10 even thickness strips using a pizza cutter. Arrange strips in a woven lattice pattern over the top (see video tutorial). Beat together 1 egg and 1 Tbsp water and brush the top with egg mixture.

6. Bake at 425˚F for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350˚F and continue baking another 45 minutes or until apples are soft and filling is bubbling through the vents. Rest at room temp 1 hour before serving.

Apple Pie Recipe with the Best Filling
Vitamin A 448.45IU9%
Vitamin C 5.87mg7%
Calcium 21.89mg2%
Iron 0.96mg5%

• Anthea
    August 11, 2020

Best apple pie recipe. Perfect pastry, lovely and crispy throughout and even on the bottom. The apples were perfectly cooked. Such an easy recipe to make. Will only ever use this recipe.

August 11, 2020

Sounds like you found a new family favorite! That’s so great Anthea!

• Flavia
    August 10, 2020

I just made this for my family and me, we loved it! the best part is definitely the filling. Thanks for sharing this recipe Natasha!

August 10, 2020

You’re welcome Flavia! I’m so happy you enjoyed this recipe!

• Karyn
    August 10, 2020

My sauce didn’t turn out like yours. It has a more creamy color and hardened while I was doing the apples. I tried again and it was still creamy colored but I poured it hot. I measured very carefully but I did use salted butter. Could that be why?

August 12, 2020

Hi Karyn, a little salt should be ok. I’m puzzled by why it would be “hardened” though – maybe overcooking or changes in ingredient quantities?

• Tammy
      September 20, 2020

Same exact thing happen to me with the sauce, Creamy color and hardened while I was doing the apples. I followed exact recipe and used unsalted butter. I didn’t bother to make new batch, just threw in the hardened sauce. lol it’s in the oven now, so we shall see how it turns out.

• Karen
    August 9, 2020

Can you sub the white sugar for dark brown sugar?

August 10, 2020

Hi Karen, I have not tried that yet but others shared this “I just replaced the sugar in the sauce with brown sugar and also sprinkled some lemon on my apples before transferring them into the sauce. Turned out delish!!”

• Kristin
    August 8, 2020

Hi there! Your video says mix 1Tbsp of sugar with the egg wash but your recipe says add 1Tbsp of water. Guessing sugar! But would you clarify? Thanks!

August 8, 2020

Hi Kristin, that was a blooper. I meant to say water and have no idea why I said sugar. I hope it was clear in the video that I used water. It’s definitely water.

• Shari
    August 8, 2020

So, I think I just made my first apple pie (at age 51!). Pie crust was easy to make, but I need to practice many more times so I can figure out the rolling. It’s not done baking yet, but my house smells amazing! I am getting ready to retire in a few months and I’m tying to figure out what my new hobbies will be. Baking might be one of them!

August 8, 2020

The best hobby! It feeds you and its creative! Happy retirement Shari!

• mary lynn drul
    August 4, 2020

i love apple pie. mom used gravenstein apples. i have never seen in store here in northern canada. however 1 cup of sugar is much to much to a diabetic. can the sugar be left out.

August 5, 2020

Hi Mary, if your apples are sweet, you would probably want to cut down the sugar. I haven’t tried this without sugar or with any sugar substitutes. If you test that out, let me know how it goes since I’m sure others may have the same question.

• C R
      August 18, 2020

My grandfather has a gravenstein apple tree on the westcoast of Canada. In my opinion it is one of the best most versatile apples! I think it is heirloom variety of apple that is no longer in circulation.
      You can definitely reduce the sugar, or try monkfruit sugar.

August 18, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

• Su yin
    August 4, 2020

Love this recipe, especially the crust which was crumbly and buttery.Thanks for sharing it, Natasha.

My family enjoyed the apple pie.

August 4, 2020

That’s just awesome! I’m so happy your family has enjoyed this recipe!

• Deborah
    August 1, 2020

This is such a good recipe. Tasted so good and received many compliments.pretty easy to make, too. I only wish mine had turned out as pretty as yours, but that’s my fault. The pie crust was a big hit, too! Thanks.

August 1, 2020

• ALYSSA BRENNAN
    August 1, 2020

Great recipe! followed it exactly and turned out perfect!

August 1, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed this recipe Alyssa!

• jody gales
        August 1, 2020

So you don’t blind bake the pastry first?

August 3, 2020

Hi Jody, blind baking the pie crust is not necessary for this apple pie.

• Penny Locke
    July 28, 2020

I just made this for the first time and it was such a hit with everyone, you’ll be seeing a lot more people coming to watch and learn. So tasty, and with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or pouring cream, so divine.

July 29, 2020

So great to hear that it was a success on your first time. Good job!

• Jim Smith
    July 26, 2020

From an extremely novice baker-this pie is great and directions are so clear-everything about it went just perfectly and the taste is out of this world! Thank you for such a great recipe.

July 26, 2020

My pleasure! Thank you so much for your excellent review, we’re so glad you enjoyed it!

• Sairuh C.
    July 25, 2020

My grandmother made the most wonderful apple pie. After she passed away, I tried to replicate it but could never get it right. So after many failed attempts, my mission changed to finding a new Apple Pie recipe that would be my go to. I can not tell you how many recipes I’ve tried over the years. So many recipes. Some were not good at all, some were okay, but none brought the angels singing. So the search continued. Until now. I have finally found my go to Apple Pie recipe! The crust is so much buttery flaky goodness. I could seriously just eat the crust alone. The filling is perfect. Not too sweet, not too tart, the perfect amount of cinnamon. And it sets up so nicely. I’ve even started doing the lattice top, which I never did before. If you’ve also been looking for the perfect Apple Pie, try this one. It’s amazing!

July 26, 2020

What a great comment and feedback! Thank you so much for sharing that with us, I am so happy to know that you really loved the apple pie.

• Nan Greene
    July 25, 2020

Hi Natasha…I Have been married to my amazing husband for 54 years. He has always loved my pie crust and apple pie. I made yours today and WOW! We both absolutely loved it…..Thank you so much for our new favorite apple pie.

July 26, 2020

Yay so awesome to hear that! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

• Akash
    July 25, 2020

Thank you for the recipe! It came out perfect. The flavour was amazing!

• Mickey
    July 22, 2020

I am always scared about making pie from scratch but not anymore. Made your pie crust and apple pie filling and the family love it. A little rough around the edges but delicious. Thank you for sharing our favorite new apple pie recipe.

July 22, 2020

You’re welcome, Mickey! I’m so glad you enjoyed that!

• Marilyn Baker
    July 22, 2020

Made the pie today and my husband and I loved it.

July 22, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so glad you enjoyed that Marilyn!

• Olivia
    July 17, 2020

The pie crust recipe is the easiest and best I have found to date! Thank you for sharing.

The filling was delicious too! My husband loved it! The hardest part about this recipe is waiting the hour until it cools down to eat. I’ll definitely be adding this one to the recipe book

July 17, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed this recipe, Olivia! Thank you so much for that wonderful review!

• Gee
    July 16, 2020

Made it today, its delicious!!

July 17, 2020

Thanks for sharing, so glad that you loved it!

• Lech
    July 15, 2020

“The pie was yuummm!!!” (This is how my son described it). I used honeycrisp apples and they tasted really great. I also liked that the crust was flaky. We love this recipe. Thank you!

July 15, 2020

That’s just awesome Lech! Thank you for sharing that amazing review with us!

• Zenia Pinto
    July 10, 2020

Hi
    I tried your Apple pie recipe and it turned out just as you mentioned in the recipe. Amazing. I used gala apples as it’s difficult to get the apples you mentioned in india. I just love yr recepies. I live the way you. Make yr video s with so much of love. May God bless you n your adorable family. Always. Would love to meet you some day n give you a hug. May our Lord Jesus protection be with you n yr family. Take care

July 11, 2020

You are so nice! Thank you for that wonderful compliment and comment, Zenia! I’m so inspired!

• Kathy
    July 9, 2020

Have a ton of apples and would like to know if you can freeze the filling?

July 9, 2020

Hi Kathy, I haven’t tested freezing that but I think it could work. If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe

• C R
      August 18, 2020

i would like to know this as well. Huge apple harvest here. Let me know if you tried it and how it worked out!

• C R
        October 10, 2020

Just wanted to report back. I made 6 pies for the freezer, natasha’s recipe, assembled and unbaked. (Parchment over disposable pans so you can slip it into your glass pan when you want to bake). I threw one in the oven the other night for unexpected guests. Turned out great! Definitely a smidgen better when fresh, but everyone loved it. It’s like having money in the bank!

October 11, 2020

Yay so awesome to hear that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Jessica
    July 8, 2020

HI, Natasha. Since I only have a toaster oven, can I bake the apple pie in there on bake mode? Will there be any problems or issues? My conventional oven is broken so I cannot use it.

July 8, 2020

Hi Jessica, I have not tested this in a toaster oven on bake mode to advise. If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe

• mary lynn drul
        August 4, 2020

i use a toaster oven in my travel trailer. it is larger than the oven . i made 6 muffins at a time . worked great. if i could only remember year to year how to work it. lol

August 5, 2020

Nice to know that it works great!

• Del Bozzini
    July 7, 2020

Pie crust and filling came out beautifully. However, the bottom crust burned. Any thoughts? Never had this problem.

July 7, 2020

Hi Del, I’ve never had that experience either. Did you use a different kind of pan (possibly a foil pan?). Also, make sure to bake in the center of the oven on conventional bake mode (not convection). I hope that helps.

• Jessica
        July 8, 2020

July 8, 2020

Hi Jessica, I haven’t really tried using an oven toaster using this recipe to advise. Sorry about that!

• Rommina
    July 5, 2020

Best pie recipe ever.
    Natasha doesn’t leave any details behind which leads to success Everytime I bake this pie.

July 5, 2020

Thank is so sweet, thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

• Maria R
    July 4, 2020

Loved! I just had a piece.
    Do I store the rest in the fridge? Covered or uncovered?
    When I have a piece (tomorrow) should I microwave? Put into oven?

July 5, 2020

Hi Maria, you can store it in the fridge and cover it loosely with plastic wrap and reheat it the next day.

• Marie Hughes
    July 4, 2020

This Apple pie recipe is awesome. The recipe was easy to follow. Definitely a keeper.

July 4, 2020

Thank you for sharing that wonderful review, Marie!

• Georgia
    July 4, 2020

I made this not one, but two of these today and they turned out AMAZING! By far, the best apple pie recipe that I’ve ever made. The recipe was simple and very easy to follow, and my results were almost identical to yours (which I was SO excited about- I always follow measurements precisely and I get so cross when recipes don’t work!).

I’ve recommended this recipe to quite a few friends now and I can’t wait to try this crust with some different fillings.

I uploaded a photo on my insta today and tagged you in it

July 4, 2020

Sounds like you found a new favorite Georgia! Thank you for sharing this amazing feedback with us!

• Jennifer
    July 2, 2020

I have a pie dish that’s 10 1/2 inches wide by 2 inches deep. Will this recipe work for that or do I need to double it?

• Stephanie Barrera
    June 30, 2020

Ive tried making this filling three times and every time I’ve tried it doesn’t taste sweet once I’m done, it just taste like butter. It doesn’t look like a filling either looks watery. Could it be the pot Im using or is it the butter Im using? ( I do use unsalted butter)
    Is there a specific butter brand I can use?
    Please please help this looks delicious and I can’t figure out what’s wrong🥺

July 1, 2020

Hi Stephanie, I haven’t had that experience. Are you using the same kind of crust that I recommend in the post above? Also, are you making any changes to the process or ingredients of the filling?

• GCantu
    June 30, 2020

We have gluten intolerant person in our household. Can I substitute gluten free flour for the flour in this recipe without any problems?

July 1, 2020

Great question! I looked through the comments and it doesn’t look like anyone has tried this with gluten-free flour If you experiment I would love to know how it works out.

• Thomas Hiantoro
    June 30, 2020

Thanks for the recipe. The taste is really great. I’ve made twice and the whole family love it.

What happen if we didn’t refrigerate the crust dough and just sit for 1 hour?

Why the filling still runny and collapse when we slice the pie? is it normal? or is there a way to prevent?

Thanks again

June 30, 2020

Hi Thomas, make sure you let the pie rest and cool before slicing into it to give the filling a chance to thicken. Also, make sure not to make any modifications to the filling.

• Mary Ward
    June 29, 2020

My husband said it was the best pie I’ve ever made. Wonderful flavor. Definitely be making again.

June 29, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the wonderful review!

• Aiman
    June 26, 2020

THE BEST APPLE PIE RECIPE!!!

actually, it’s too good! I’ve made 5 apple pies in the last 2 weeks… I think I need therapy!
    my wife is banning me for making any more for a while 🙁

The sauce is AMAZING!

if I wanna make a 12″ pie… how much to I increase the dough measurements? you should have a page for measurements of different sizes.

June 26, 2020

Wow, that is an awesome comment, thank you! It sounds like you found your favorite pie recipe. I haven’t tried it in 12″ yet to advise of the measurements but thanks for your feedback and suggestion.

• Mohsina Mirza
    June 20, 2020

Absolutely love this apple pie recipe with your pie crust recipe! Making it the second time and my house smells heavenly!! I just replaced the sugar in the sauce with brown sugar and also sprinkled some lemon on my apples before transferring them into the sauce.Turned out delish!! I had some problem with the pastry breaking and crumbling when rolling it out probably since it was my first time making the pastry from scratch. But I fixed that by sprinkling more flour on my counter when rolling the pastry out, wetting my finger tips very lightly and ‘fixing’ any crack I saw with my wet hands and finally sprinkled a bit more flour before transferring into the baking dish and refrigerating it a bit before baking. It was perfect thank you!!

June 20, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed that Mohsina!

• Alexa
    June 18, 2020

Tried to made this and it was yummy and my employers and their 3 y old kid liked it so much!!! The filling was heavenly. My only problem was with the crust. Failed it. Tried to follow your easy crust pie but as I don’t have a bigger food processor, I used a small one and mix the butter and flour in batches, probably the reason why I had a hard time working on my crust. It crumbles fast and as soon as it finished baking it breaks but the bottom crust still have some like doughy texture.

• Jessie
    June 17, 2020

Hi Natasha, super excited to make this! How would it go being made a day before and reheating in the oven before serving? Is this recommended?

June 17, 2020

Hi Jessie, we’ve enjoyed it with in the first few hours but I haven’t tested with reheating it but I believe it should work. If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe.

• Lina
    June 16, 2020

Hello Natasha,
    Do you pre-bake the crust? If so, for how long and at what temp? Do you allow the pre-baked crust to cool before adding the apples and the top? The edges of my lattice stripes were melting on the hot dish. 🙁
    Thank-you! 🙂

June 16, 2020

Hi Lina, there is no need to pre-bake the crust. It sounds like maybe your top crust was out too long and got warm. If you notice your crust no longer feels cool to the touch, you can refrigerate the whole premade pie for 15-30 minutes before baking which will cool the butter in the dough and keep it from ‘melting’.

• Jeanette
    June 14, 2020

I always add freshly grated nutmeg to my pie, just a bit, to taste. My family loves it!

June 15, 2020

Thanks for sharing that with us, Jeanette. I should try that too next time!

• Kaylee J
    June 3, 2020

AMAZING!!!! I cut the apples into cubes instead. I used half green apples and half red. I also made the sauce after I cut the apples. This recipe was the best and my family LOVED it! I used the pie crust recipe and it was perfectly flaky , ugh SO GOOD!

June 3, 2020

Love it! Thank you so much for sharing that with us, I appreciate it!

• Ana S
    May 29, 2020

My first apple pie try and it was excellent, I lowered the sugar amount to 1/2 cup and 1 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and it came out delicious. Thank you for sharing!!

May 29, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it Ana!

• Chenne Rose
    May 23, 2020

It was my first time to make a pie from scratch, from pie crust to its filling, and this recipe made me feel like I’m a pro already! Lol. Thank you so much, Natasha and to your team! You guys are really amazing.

May 25, 2020

Wonderful! So happy to hear that your first time was a success, I hope you love every recipe that you try!

• Maria
      June 5, 2020

Natasha this recipe is awesomesauce! I’m having difficulty with the apples, I find they still have too much bite to them. I’ve sliced them super thin, using a veg peeler and they still are not soft enough. Any suggestions on what I can do differently?

June 6, 2020

Hi Maria, it sounds like you are doing everything right I’m curious if it is the apple itself.

• Kess
    May 17, 2020

After I’ve made mini Pavlova from your recipe and it was a star!. I’ve decided to make apple pie for the first time today. I added a little bit of saltana in the filling and it really is amazing. I followed recipe to the Tee and the filling has perfect consistancy not too runny and not overly sweet. Just right amount of cinnamon. Thanks a million!!!

May 17, 2020

That is so awesome. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, so glad that you enjoyed this recipe!

• Geetika Washington
    May 16, 2020

This Apple Pie came out delicious and beautiful. Even the pie crust came out well. Everyone just loved it.
    It’s my all-time favourite recipe now on. Thanks!!!

May 16, 2020

That’s just awesome!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review

• Maria
    May 15, 2020

Hi Natasha, I made it and it tastes great, although my husband says it is too sweet. I have questions, why the pie have lots of sauce when I cut it? And also, why the crust a little bit sticky? Is it because I use mixer? Overall, thanks for your recipe. It’s my first time making apple pie!

May 15, 2020

Hi Maria, the sweetness can vary depending on the type of apples used which is why we love tart Granny smith apples. Also, the crust would be sticky if using a mixer since you are blending the butter into the flour rather than cutting it in.

• Sue
    May 14, 2020

Hands down best apple pie ever! Do not skip making the homemade butter crust. The crust came together in minutes in the food processor. The sauce for the apples was worth the extra step. I used Gala apples and it was fine.

May 14, 2020

Thanks for sharing that with us, Sue. Thanks for your great feedback!

• L Thomas
    May 11, 2020

The apple pie was amazing! I mixed the crust by hand so it wasn’t as flaky, but it was still worth the effort. Thank you for the amazing recipe!

May 11, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it!

• Sarah M.
    May 11, 2020

I don’t even know how to start this review lol. This pie recipe was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL. There is no other way to say/describe it. I’ve made so many of your recipes..from entrees to desserts to bread! I swear you’re a celebrity in my household. When your name comes up…we all get so excited. You should do a meet and greet one day lol. All kidding aside…fantastic recipe. Easy steps, limited ingredients, and delicious result. Thank you again!

May 11, 2020

Thank you for that wonderful compliment! Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I’m smiling big reading this comment.

• Tori
    May 10, 2020

This pie was a huge hit!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

May 10, 2020

Super love it! Thank you for your excellent feedback, Tori.

• Sole
    May 3, 2020

Omg, this is the first time I have ever baked something so delicious. Like I accidentally took too long to add the butter for the dough and it came out a bit dry but after a day it began to be crumbly and flavorful.
    How the heck you make this piece of food?! So good!!

May 3, 2020

That is awesome and great job for your first time! Thanks for giving this recipe a try and for giving your wonderful feedback.

• Alicia Haynes
    May 3, 2020

I loved this recipe!!!! Did the crust and filling with my 4 year old. Very easy and accessible. She loved the process and of course eating it. This is the 2nd recipe that I tried from you and both turned out great!. Thank you!

May 3, 2020

That’s nice to know Alicia. I’m sure it was also a great bonding experience with your 4-year old. Glad you tried this recipe!

• Susan
    May 2, 2020

Best apple pie recipe. The first time I made this recipe it was so good my family loved it. Thank you Natasha for sharing your recipe. Now I am making it again… 🙂

May 2, 2020

Yay so great to hear that, Susan. Thank you for sharing that with us and giving a great feedback!

• Katie H
    May 1, 2020

“No lie, that’s the best apple pie I’ve ever had” it’s the first pie I’ve made – all credit goes to the recipe! Thank you, Natasha

• Katie H
      May 1, 2020

5 stars! There seemed to be a glitch where it kept removing the stars on my phone

May 1, 2020

That’s just awesome!! Thank you for sharing that!

• Audrey
    April 30, 2020

Hi does it matter if I use a 9 and a half inch pan instead of a 9 inch pan? That’s all I got!

April 30, 2020

That should still work great Audrey!

• Ilda Disha
    April 27, 2020

Delicious recipe! Good job Natasha.

April 27, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that Ilda!

• Tsokonat
    April 27, 2020

I love this apple pie recipe! My first time to make a pie and it was a success although I have to take it out after 35 minutes only because it’s past the golden brown color and close to turning black. I was just wondering why do you need to bake it at 220c first?

April 28, 2020

Hi, the higher heat ensures that the filling will cook and reach the proper heat and then we reduce the temperature so the crust doesn’t burn. Starting on high heat also ensures the crust ends up flaky without melting the butter in it.

• Mahwish Hamdani
    April 26, 2020

I have tried it. Best apple pie ever thank you💐

April 26, 2020

Super love it! Thanks for giving this recipe a try and for sharing your awesome review too.

• Megan
    April 22, 2020

Loved how easy this crust was! It came out great definitley a must try

April 22, 2020

Love it! Thanks for sharing that with us, Megan. I hope you love every recipe that you try.

• Zakyeh
    April 22, 2020

I really enjoy your videos.I think your so skilled!I love it when you say “Hey! It’s Natasha of Natasha’s kitchen.com” at the beginning of your videos.
    So, I made this amazing apple pie and I have to confess that it was the best one I’ve ever tried.I’m not professional at cooking, but this recipe was so simple and I really did it!! The filling was incredible and It made the pie ten times tastier.My sister loved it so much.So did I.I’m gonna make it again!Thank you Natasha.
    Love you.

April 22, 2020

Awww that’s the best! Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I’m all smiles!

• Nita
    April 18, 2020

I’m making it right now! It’s in the oven. Can’t wait!

April 18, 2020

I bet your home smells so good right now Nita! I’m so glad you enjoyed that!

• Olena
    April 18, 2020

One of the best apple pies I’ve made in a long time and I’ve tried and made many recipes. Definitely a keeper. Just hate all these advertisements and sometimes you can’t see part of the recipe unless you click on it. Ugh.

April 18, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

• damita rivers
    April 12, 2020

Absolutely amazing added some carmel easy to make Thanks crowd pleaser

April 12, 2020

You’re welcome and thanks for sharing that with us!

• Bana
    April 7, 2020

DELICIOUS! Thank you!!!

April 7, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that, Bana!

• Bana
    April 7, 2020

I never commented on a recipe before, but I had to for this one. It was amazing, everyone loved it!! Thank you!

April 7, 2020

That’s so awesome, Bana! I’m so glad you all enjoyed this recipe!

• Jen
    April 5, 2020

Have you ever frozen a pie before baking to bake later? My daughter wants pie at her wedding early summer and we might have to do it small and diy bc of everything going on and I thought we could make pie ahead of time and bake day of. What do you think?

April 5, 2020

Hi Jen, I haven’t tested freezing that but I think it could work. If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe

• Ali
    April 3, 2020

Apple pie is my favorite food and this recipe is amazing. It was super easy! I will definitely use this recipe again!

April 3, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that, Ali! Thank you for that great review!

• Elizabeth Mbugua
    March 31, 2020

Every is learning process a glad to have given it try came out perfect maybe just reduce the cinnamon otherwise it was lovely looking forward to more interesting recipes

March 31, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed that! Thank you!

• Diana
      May 3, 2020

Hello my pie is baking right now but the instructions says the egg wash is egg plus water but in the video instructions are egg plus sugar. I did egg plus sugar and top of my crust burned in the high temperature at the beginning. Can I cover with foil next time to ensure it doesn’t burn?

May 4, 2020

Hi Diana, that was a blooper. I meant to say water and have no idea why I said sugar. I hope it was clear in the video that I used water. It’s definitely water.

• Jane
    March 28, 2020

It’s my hubby’s birthday today and with all the self isolating going on there’s no way we can go out for dinner which is a tradition. He’s not a big cake eater but he loves pie so I broke down and baked him this apple pie. I may have started a new tradition – he raved about it! And he gets to have the whole thing to himself which made him very happy lol. The filling was different than any other recipe I found and it actually looked similar to the canned filling texture wise. Thanks for the recipe!!

March 28, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed this recipe! Happy birthday to your husband!

• J
    March 23, 2020

Do you take the pie out of the oven then let it reduce to 350degrees? My oven takes awhile to change temperature. It’s ok for the pie to be sitting on the counter while the oven reduces?

March 23, 2020

Hi, I do not take the pie out of the oven. Most ovens take some time to reduce down in temperature naturally, but if there is something unusual about yours, you may open the door for a couple of minutes to cool it down faster.

• Josefina
        April 18, 2020

Hi Natasha! Thank you for your amazing apple pie recipe.
        I just made this for my father in law.
        Question, do you recommend keeping it in the fridge or at room temperature? and for the sauce filling, is it too bad that if i don’t have unsalted butter and use the regular one??

April 18, 2020

Hi Josefina, If making it a day ahead – I would let it cool to room temperature then cover and keep it at room temperature overnight. You can also refrigerate and put it in the oven before serving just until it is warm. There is no added salt in the pie filling so that may work.

• Paige
    March 18, 2020

love loved the filling and the crust recipes. first time making pie ever!!!! it all came out perfect and delicious.. exactly as pics!! amazing recipe and so easy to follow..thank you tons:)

March 19, 2020

So glad to know that your first time making this pie was a success! I’m sure you’ll get better and better at it.

• Dasha
        March 27, 2020

Wow, this recipe is excellent! This was my first time making a pie and it turned out much better than I could have ever hoped! My boyfriend and I ate almost half of the pie right away…it was THAT tasty. Don’t worry if you’re a semi-beginner baker like me and are slightly intimidated by pies– if you follow this recipe carefully, it should turn out great.
        Thanks Natasha for another awesome recipe! I’ve been using your site for years and have always gotten great results

March 27, 2020

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Dasha!

• Sophie
          April 5, 2020

Can I make a pie crust with out prebaking the crust.? Thankyou SophieAvgoustakis

• Veronica Hovanec
    March 15, 2020

Hi, my daughter and I made apple pie following your recipe. It came out absolutely delicious! Thank you for your recipes ! I used so many of them and it’s always a success!

March 15, 2020

You’re so welcome Veronica. I’m happy that it came out delicious! I hope you love every recipe that you try.

• nancy L hauke
    March 9, 2020

I made the apple pie today using my favorite crust with the vinegar and egg. I liked the sauce but felt like next time I needed to cut back on the cinnamon a little. other than that it was delicious. sending most of it home with my son as it’s his favorite pie. thank you for all the great recipes. I’m an 83 year old who loves to bake and cook.

March 9, 2020

You’re welcome Nancy and I’m sure it will already be perfect the next time you make it. Thanks for sharing your experience with the recipe and I hope you love every recipe that you try!

• Marsha
    February 25, 2020

Try Macintosh. They will make your recipe. Even better.

February 25, 2020

Thank you for that wonderful tip Marsha!

• Dorothy
      March 8, 2020

Hi there..im really enjoying your recipes. The Apple pie sounds unreal. Just finding it hard to find the pastry recipe. Can please send it to me..thank you..
      From Down and under
      AUSTRALIA

March 9, 2020

Is this Pie Crust what you’re looking for?

• rana soliman
    January 26, 2020

hello just to make sure that i understand correctly, shall i make one recipe of the pie crust and divide it on two, or double the whole recipe??

January 29, 2020

Hi Rana, per the ingredients “1 recipe for double pie crust” Just one recipe is enought. I have it linked here for you.

• rana soliman
        January 30, 2020

thank you for replying im your biggest fan from Egypt!
        i will let you know how it turns out for me <3

January 30, 2020

Sounds good Rana!

• Jane
    January 22, 2020

I made this pie over the Christmas holidays and my husband said it was the best pie I ever made! I also took it to a luncheon at church and everyone wanted the recipe! Have two in the oven right now!

January 22, 2020

Wow! That’s so great! I’m smiling bug reading this comment. Sounds like you found a new party favorite.