Blueberry Pie Recipe (VIDEO)
The ultimate Blueberry Pie Recipe! The filling is bursting with sweet, juicy blueberries and tastes amazing with vanilla ice cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Making a pie from scratch is so rewarding and this blueberry pie does not disappoint. It is THE ONE dessert everyone should make before the season ends. P.S. This all-butter pie crust is a keeper; flaky, soft and so easy to make!
Blueberry Pie Recipe
Can I substitute with Frozen Blueberries?
When blueberries are in season, we use fresh blueberries but you can make blueberry pie with frozen blueberries without thawing first, but it may take slightly longer for the blueberries to bubble at the top.
Ingredients for Blueberry Pie:
We used 6 cups of sweet blueberries. If your blueberries are ultra sweet, you can get away with slightly less sugar. If your blueberries are super tart, you can add a few extra tablespoons of sugar.
You will need 1 recipe for our homemade pie crust (super easy!)
Pie Making Tools
- 9-inch, deep pie pan which allows for A TON of blueberries!
- Rolling Pin – a simple one will do.
- Food Processor – or use a pastry cutter to cut butter into flour.
How to Create a Lattice Pie Crust:
1. Place 5 strips of dough over the pie crust, with the wider strips in the center and shorter strips towards the edges.
2. Fold back every other strip half way and place a long strip in the center perpendicular to the first 5 strips. Fold the strips back over the new line and fold back the alternate strips. Continue adding and alternating strips then switch to the other side of the pie and complete until lattice is complete.
Click Here for the full lattice pie crust photo tutorial.
Reader Favorite Blueberry Recipes:
- Blueberry Crumble (extra blueberries!)
- Blueberry Lemon Cake (our most popular dessert)
- Blueberry Muffins with irresistible lemon glaze
- Blueberry Pierogi – just like Mom’s!
Watch Natasha Make Blueberry Pie:
See Natasha make this easy blueberry pie recipe. I hope it becomes a new favorite blueberry recipe for you!
If you enjoy our videos, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel and click the bell icon so you’ll be the first to know when we post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing! We love spending time with you on our Youtube Channel.
Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 1 recipe for pie crust yields 2 crusts
- 6 cups blueberries, rinsed and well drained (2 lbs or 32 oz)
- 1 tsp lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg + 1 Tbsp water
Pre-make your pie crust and let it refrigerate 1 hour in refrigerator before using. Roll the first disk into a 13" circle and transfer to a 9" wide pie pan.
Roll the second crust into a 12" circle and use a pizza cutter to slice into ten 1-inch strips.
In a large mixing bowl, combine 6 cups blueberries, 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 4 1/2 Tbsp flour, 1 tsp cinnamon and toss to combine. Transfer blueberries into the dough-lined pie pan, mounding it just slightly in the center and keeping the edges clean of blueberry juice.
Using the 10 strips of dough, create a lattice crust over the top (see photo tutorial on natashaskitchen.com), pinch the edges to seal and crimp edges if desired.
Beat together 1 egg and 1 Tbsp water and brush the egg wash over the lattice crust and edges. Bake in the center of the oven at 375˚F for 50-60 minutes, or until crust is golden and blueberry juice is bubbling at the edges.
Note: nutrition label on this recipe does not include the crust. Nutrition facts for the crust can be found on our Pie Crust Recipe.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
What is your ALL-TIME favorite blueberry recipe? I would love to hear from you in a comment below!
The ultimate Blueberry Pie Recipe! Making a pie from scratch is so rewarding and this blueberry pie does not disappoint. The filling is bursting with sweet, juicy blueberries and tastes amazing with vanilla ice cream. | natashaskitchen.com