Chicken Kotleti (you will dream about) Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
These dreamy chicken kotleti or patties are so soft and tasty. Yes, chicken can be dreamy. Our son loved them too. He called them “big chicken nuggets” 🙂 We learned how to make these from Olga of Olga’s flavor factory and I’m so pleased to share the recipe with you. We love her food and family blogs!
We share the same taste and we are both nurses. Awesome! I hope to meet her in person one day. Olga this one’s a keeper; thank you!!
Ingredients for Chicken Kotleti:
1 lb ground chicken
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 small onion (grated)
1/2 cup flour for dredging
Olive oil or canola oil to sautee
How to make Chicken Katleti:
1.Place Panko bread crumbs in a large bowl. Add milk and let the mixture stand for 5 min.
2. Add ground chicken, 2 Tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 egg and 1 small grated onion to the bread mix. and Stir together. The meat mixture will be very soft; much softer than a regular kotleti mixture.
3. Wet your hands and make oval patties. Dredge both sides of the patties in flour. This step can be a little tricky since the meat mix is so soft, but it’s ok if they aren’t perfect.
4. Heat 2-3 Tbsp of oil in a nonstick skillet, add the kotleti. Cover and cook until golden on both sides. Cook about 5 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the next. Wipe your skillet with a paper towel between batches and add more oil as needed.
Enjoy 🙂 Yum Yum
Chicken Kotleti Recipe
- Combine 1 cup of breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup of milk, let them stand for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, 2 tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 egg and 1 onion to the bread mix & stir together.
- Using wet hands make oval patties than dredge both sides in flour.
- Place patties in the preheated nonstick skillet with 2-3 Tbsp of oil. Cover and cook until golden on both sides, 5 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the next. Add more oil as needed.