Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
If you love Pasta Salad, this Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad will impress you!! There is a secret ingredient packed into the avocado dressing that is healthy and so sneaky, no one will suspect it’s there.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This avocado pasta salad recipe is so vibrant, healthy and loaded with sweet corn, peas, cherry tomatoes and creamy avocados! The veggies cook right in the same pot with the pasta so this couldn’t be easier!
This recipe couldn’t be easier. It comes together quickly and is one of the most tempting looking salads I’ve come across. It’s creamy, vibrant, fresh and so satisfying!
The idea for this came from this oldie but goodie recipe. This avocado pasta salad is ultra smooth and flavorful. Everything about it is good, and also good for you!!
Pasta Salad Ingredients:
This Pasta Salad has simple ingredients (it is loaded with avocados!) and it comes together quickly. The spinach is the surprise ingredient. It blends into the sauce so well and you have a healthier pasta salad! This pasta salad is loaded with good-for-you ingredients.
How To Make Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad:
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions – I cooked 12 oz pasta in 4 Qts water with 1 Tbsp salt and boiled 10 minutes. About 4 minutes before your pasta is done cooking, add frozen peas and frozen corn and cook 4 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender. Rinse under running cold water to chill the pasta. Drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine half of your spinach, 2 quartered avocados, 4 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 sliced garlic clove, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Pulse/puree until blended then add remaining spinach and pulse until creamy and smooth.
3. Add avocado dressing to the pasta bowl along with sliced tomatoes and 1 remaining sliced avocado. Toss everything together until evenly coated. Season to taste with more salt and black pepper.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can garnish with chives and crumbled bacon (totally optional, but nice).
P.S. This pasta salad tastes best fresh but leftovers are still good the next day and make for a perfect work or school lunch!
Love this Pasta Salad? More Pasta Recipes to Discover:
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta – better than Olive Garden’s!
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta – this sauce is so fresh, easy and flavorful
- Spaghetti and Meatballs – this recipe satisfies the fiercest cravings
⬇ Print-Friendly Avocado Pasta Salad Recipe:
Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
- 3 oz fresh baby spinach (4 cups lightly packed)
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 3 avocados (medium) 2 for dressing, 1 for salad
- 12 oz rotini pasta
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (half of a 10 oz bag of Bird's Eye)
- 1 cup frozen corn (half of a 10 oz bag Bird's Eye )
- 2 cups baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
Cook pasta according to package instructions - I cooked 12 oz pasta in 4 Qts water with 1 Tbsp salt and boiled 10 min. About 4 min before pasta is done cooking, add frozen peas and corn and cook 4 min until veggies are crisp tender. Rinse under running cold water to chill pasta. Drain well and transfer to large mixing bowl.
In a food processor or blender, combine half of the spinach, 2 quartered avocados, 4 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 sliced garlic clove, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Pulse until blended then add remaining spinach and blend until creamy and smooth.
Add avocado dressing to pasta bowl along with sliced tomatoes and 1 remaining sliced avocado. Toss salad together until evenly coated. Season to taste with more salt and black pepper.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
As a busy Mom, I love shortcuts so I always keep a stash of peas and corn in the freezer and often mix them with fresh ingredients in my cooking for a healthy and easy boost of vegetables. They are perfect for pasta salads!