Dressed Eggs Recipe
Don’t these eggs look like they should be wearing tutus? Fancy!! Just between me and you; they’re super easy to make. No additional cooking required. If you have way too many Easter eggs in your fridge, this stuffed eggs recipe is for you.
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We made way too much food and probably overate. I better dust off that elliptical machine! My 3-year-old niece helped decorate the eggs this year. Don’t you love the stickers? They add so much character!
I’m glad I took this unpeeled picture so you don’t think my eggs are diseased (a few of them are little green, and yellow and purple).
Ingredients for Stuffed Eggs:
8 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp dijon mustard (grey poupon) or 1 tsp white wine vinegar
-I tested both and both were good. I used grey poupon dijon this time. Whoever thought of the name “poupon”? Very strange for a food product don’t you think? Maybe it was supposed to be hilarious.
Sprinkle of garlic powder, Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
How to Make Stuffed/Dressed Eggs:
1. Peel all your pretty eggies, cut them in half and remove the yolks into a medium bowl.
2. Mash your egg yolks pretty well with a fork.
3. Mix in 1/4 cup Mayo, 1 tsp POUPON (ha ha) mustard, sprinkle in garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
4. You can either put the mixture into the eggs with a spoon or use a pastry bag to make it real perdy. The Ateco Cake Decorating Set is what I used. It does the job and does it well.
5. Sprinkle tops with paprika, chopped chives and drizzle the final product with olive oil. Serve chilled.
This recipe is inspired by Vera Cherevko’s stuffed eggs on Facebook and Elise Bauer’s deviled eggs. Thank you ladies for sharing your cooking expertise!
What do you do with all your Easter eggs? Play egg war? Sprinkle some salt on them and call it good?
Dressed Eggs Recipe
- 8 eggs hard boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard grey poupon or 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Sprinkle of garlic powder Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chives finely chopped
- Olive Oil
Peel all the eggs, cut them in half and remove the yolks into a medium bowl.
Mash your egg yolks pretty well with a fork.
Mix in 1/4 cup Mayo, 1 tsp POUPON mustard, sprinkle in garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Put the mixture into the eggs with a spoon or use a pastry bag.
Sprinkle tops with paprika, chopped chives and drizzle the final product with olive oil. Serve chilled.