Easy Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This Pineapple Cherry “Dump” Cake has just 5 ingredients and is probably one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make. I admit the name isn’t all too appealing, but you literally just “dump” the ingredients into the pan. There’s no stirring, beating, or prep involved that you’d normally expect when baking a dessert. It’s easy peasy. Pair this dump cake with vanilla ice cream and you have yourself one super tasty, crowd-pleasing cake.
I first tried this cake at a party and it was made by a gal in our church, Tanya M, who got the recipe from her sister Natalya K, who got the recipe from a friend, Tanya O. When a recipe makes its way around the block, you know it’s gonna be a good one! Thank you ladies for passing it along :).
Ingredients for Cherry Dump Cake:
20 oz crushed pineapple, undrained (we used Dole)
21 oz cherry pie filling (we used Duncan Hines)
1 pkg moist yellow cake mix (we used Betty Crocker)
1/2 – 1 cup shaved almonds or chopped walnuts
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
How to Make a Dump Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚. Butter bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. Dump pineapple with juice and spread into bottom of pan. Top with cherry pie filling.
3. Sprinkle the top evenly with dry cake mix, add nuts if using then drizzle the top with melted butter. Bake uncovered at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until bubbly and browned.
Easy Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
- 20 oz crushed pineapple undrained (we used Dole)
- 21 oz cherry pie filling we used Duncan Hines
- 1 pkg moist yellow cake mix we used Betty Crocker
- 1/2 - 1 cup shaved almonds or chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350˚. Butter bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
Dump pineapple with juice and spread into bottom of pan. Top with cherry pie filling.
Sprinkle the top evenly with dry cake mix, add nuts if using then drizzle the top with melted butter. Bake uncovered at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until bubbly and browned.
♥ FAVORITE THINGS ♥
Shown in this post: (nope, no one paid us to write this; just stuff we love):
* This is my favorite baking casserole dish. I love that it has a lid!
* A well stocked kitchen needs measuring cups of all sizes 🙂