Pin and print this Moroccan Vegetable Skewers recipe then plaster it on your fridge; yep it’s that good. The tangy herb marinade tenderizes the veggies to make them uber juicy and flavorful. I even liked the onion and I don’t usually like the onion ;). It’s a keeper for sure!
This has definitely been Mediterranean food week at our house all thanks to my cousin Alla who also shared her Moroccan Chicken, and Tzatziki sauce recipes with me on our recent trip to Seattle.
We were so eager to re-create all of the wonderful recipes she shared. You know the best thing about all this? You can double the marinade, make your chicken and your veggies at once and have a fantastic and easy dinner.
Don’t forget the tzatziki sauce; it brings everything together for an authentic and healthy Mediterranean food experience.
Vegetables you’ll need:
2 medium zucchini (green or yellow), sliced into 1/3″ rings 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1″ pieces 1 large yellow onion or sweet onion, sliced and separated into 1″ pieces 1 lb small-ish mushrooms, rinsed and dried on paper towels 10 large wood skewers (soaked at least 30 minutes in water).
Ingredients for Morrocan Veggie Marinade:
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/8 tsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp salt 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 1/2 bunch fresh parsley 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
How to Make the Moroccan Marinade:
1. Put all ingredients into the food processor except for the cilantro , parsley and veggies (P.S. We love our new Cuisinart 11-Cup Food Processor!). Pulse the marinade 5-7 times to mince the garlic.
2. Next, add cilantro and parsley then pulse a few more times until your cilantro and parsley look chopped (your veggies will look nicer if you don’t puree your marinade.
Assembling the Skewers:
1. Rinse, dry and slice all of your veggies, then transfer them to a large bowl or 1 gallon zip-loc bag.
2. Pour marinade over your veggies and toss to combine and coat veggies evenly with marinade. Refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
3. Preheat your grill. Skewer your veggies on your wet skewers just so the veggies are touching each other; no need to pack them together.
4. Use a grill brush to oil the grill (it keeps the veggies from sticking). Grill over medium/low heat, turning every few minutes for even grilling. Grill until veggies are soft (about 15 minutes).
That’s all there is to it! So easy and super tasty! Serve with the Moroccan Chicken, Tzatziki sauce to dip the veggies and chicken and a side of steamy buttery white rice.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Natasha, the blogger behind Natasha's Kitchen (since 2009). My husband and I run this blog together and share only our best, family approved recipes with YOU. Thanks for stopping by! We are so happy you're here.