Pineapple BBQ Baked Chicken Breast
This Pineapple BBQ Baked Chicken Breast is the easiest recipe you can make. Chicken breast baked in the most delicious sweet and tangy barbecue sauce with fresh pineapple and bacon. The baked bbq chicken is the ultimate combination of summer flavors!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Hey, hey! Valentina with Valentina’s Corner sharing our favorite Baked Chicken Breast Recipe!
This baked bbq chicken breast recipe doesn’t get any better. Not only is it super easy to make (seriously 10 minute prep time), it’s packed with so much flavor but has only 6 ingredients. The combination of pineapple and barbecue with chicken is so good, the recipe just tastes Hawaiian, like this Pineapple Fried Rice.
This recipe will remind you of a Hawaiian pizza, but without the carbs from the dough.
How to Make BBQ Baked Chicken:
- Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces and saute in a skillet until crispy (don’t overcook, the bacon will finish cooking in the oven).
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and hot sauce (or Sriracha). Spread some sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Lightly pound chicken to an even thickness then season both sides with salt and pepper and transfer to the baking dish.
- Cut pineapple into bite-sized pieces and add to the baking dish along with the cooked bacon.
- Pour barbecue sauce over everything. Bake the chicken dish uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
How Long to Bake Chicken Breast?
Baking chicken breast is so easy and the time will slightly vary depending on the size of the breast and the temperature you bake the chicken at (and of course, any added toppings may add to the baking time). You always want the internal temperature of the chicken to be 165°F, measuring the thickest part of the chicken.
- 350°F – The baking time will be about 28-33 minutes.
- 375°F – The baking time will be somewhere between 25-30 minutes.
- 400°F – You’ll want to bake the chicken between 22-26 minutes.
What Kind of Barbecue Sauce do I use?
This recipe was tested with Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue sauce and a sweet BBQ sauce works best with this recipe. You are more than welcome to try the recipe with your favorite BBQ sauce, however, it will change the flavor profile.
Can I Make the BBQ Chicken Breast in Advance?
Yes! This oven-baked dish is perfect to prepare the morning of or night before if you are planning a party! It’s especially great if you will be in a rush and need a quick dinner.
The flavors of this chicken bake are exciting. If you like to try unique combinations, you are in for a treat! The sweetness from the pineapples combined with a bit of a kick from the hot sauce in barbecue is amazing on this tender oven-baked chicken.
You’ll Want to Try These Chicken Recipes:
Try these once and you will make them over and over. These chicken recipes are perfect for busy weeknights.
- Chicken Stir Fry – so saucy and better than takeout
- Lemon Chicken Pasta – easy 30-minute dinner
- Easy Chicken Casserole– in the creamiest sauce
- Chicken Tetrazzini – creamy, cheesy pasta bake
Pineapple BBQ Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
This Pineapple BBQ Baked Chicken Breast recipe will become a HIT! Chicken breast baked in the sweet and tangy barbecue sauce with fresh pineapple and bacon. Hawaiian inspired comfort food!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups pineapple diced
- 4 bacon strips cooked
- 1 cup barbecue sauce Sweet Baby Ray’s
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp hot sauce
Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces and sauté the bacon in a medium skillet until crispy.
In a bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar and hot sauce. Add a thin layer of the barbecue mixture to the bottom of a baking dish.
Lightly pound chicken to an even thickness then season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to the baking dish.
Cut pineapple into bite-sized pieces and add to the baking dish along with the cooked bacon.
Pour barbecue sauce over everything. Bake the chicken dish uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen