Vintage Inspired Baby Shower and Party Menu
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
My sister is on baby #3! Wowza! She already has 2 cute littles at home; a 2-yr old gal that is obsessed with shoes and all things girlie and a 3 year old boy who has a strong fascination with hoses, sprinklers and water in general.
Anna and Fedor, you people are brave! lol. They aren’t finding out the sex of the baby. Isn’t that the coolest thing? To be surprised at the birth? Anyway, here are some shots from the baby shower. My creative sister, Alla, came up with the decor ideas and made most of the pretty things.
P.S. follow my Pinterest baby shower board if you want more baby shower inspiration!
The food was a big potluck with contributions from family. It was a healthy and truly delicious menu. I was looking around after the meal and everyone up and down the table had cleared their plates; always a good sign! Here’s a quick peek at the party.
Food, glorious food…
1. Egg and chive canapés made by Sveta (a party favorite – always!)
2. Quinoa Salad made by Mera (I re-pinned this from Mera on my salad board)
1. Greek Salad – Here’s the recipe!
2. A fruity salad made by my sister Alla. This one is asking to be re-created and shared with y’all!
1. A simple chicken and veggie stir fry made by Anna’s Sister-in-law, Tanya.
2. Red potatoes in sauce
1. Corned beef. This was yummy! My Mama made it and now I have to make it 🙂
2. BBQ Chicken breast. Simple and delicious.
1. Mom’s famous Rogaliki (Rugelasch with jam) – these always go like hot cakes. So easy & good!
2. There was a crazy amount of delicious berries (come to Mama!), watermelon, pineapple and cantaloupe.
The drinks included the (wildly popular and loved by kids and adults) strawberry basil lemonade. I also made a simple iced tea.
P.S. There was also a cheesecake and I’ll share that recipe with you soon! Here’s a sneak peak from my Instagram feed. Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more sneak peaks and funny nuggets ;).
Some pics of a few of the party goers and lovely Mama-to-be.
Planning parties takes some work but it is a labor of love (get it? Labor? Hahahaha). I hope your spring and summer are filled with happy and memorable events! Anna, I’m so excited for the new addition to the family (boy or girl)!