Greek Salad Recipe (VIDEO)
Fresh Greek Salad is a must-try and one of the healthiest salad recipes! It comes together fast and is loaded with cucumber, tomato, and avocado, with tangy bites of olives and feta cheese. You will fall in love with the homemade Greek salad dressing.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Greek Salad Ingredients:
Greek Salad is naturally gluten-free and typically combines fresh ingredients like crisp cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet bell peppers, red onion, kalamata olives (or black olives) and feta cheese. The simple lemon, olive oil, and garlic dressing make every bite memorable. This salad is a staple not only in Greece but throughout the Mediterranean region.
One of my readers, Ella Z. shared this recipe with us years ago and I’m so glad she did. Here is her story of how this Greek Salad was born is: “The person that taught us this recipe was here on a visit from Israel, we kept cooking different kinds of dishes and he said “please stop cooking for me and take me to the market” lol He bought all these ingredients and made this salad and we have never been the same since!”
Greek Salad Dressing:
The Greek salad dressing is so easy and flavorful – you will want it on all of your salads! You might recognize it from some of our most popular recipes like Chicken Avocado Salad, this Cucumber Avocado Salad, or healthy Tuna Salad. The ingredients for Mediterranean dressing are so simple but each ingredient is important so be sure to use:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (not from concentrate)
- A good extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh garlic (not powder or pre-chopped garlic)
How to Make Greek Salad:
- Chop, rinse and spin dry lettuce and arrange over the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Chop and arrange the remaining ingredients (avocado, tomatoes, olives, bell peppers, onion, and cucumbers) over the salad, then sprinkle on Feta Cheese.
- Make the Greek Salad Dressing and just before serving, drizzle over the salad to taste and toss to combine.
Make-Ahead Salad Tips:
Whether you are assembling this Greek salad for meal prep, to-go lunches or planning for a party, these tips will keep your green salads vibrant and fresh:
- For crisp lettuce, rinse your romaine lettuce in cold water, then use a salad spinner to dry completely. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prep and refrigerate most of your salad up to a week in advance except for tomatoes and avocados which are best added fresh.
- Add dressing just before serving. The salt in the dressing can cause the salad to wilt.
Our Favorite Greek Recipes:
If you love fresh Mediterranean flavors, these are a must-try!
- Tzatziki Sauce – so good with chicken
- Chickpea Salad – loaded with avocado and fresh dressing
- Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad – easy and excellent
- Baklava – a classic Greek dessert
- Arugula Salad with Berries and balsamic glaze
Watch the Greek Salad Video Tutorial:
I could eat this salad all day and not get tired of it. It kind of reminds me of the Olive Garden salad and dressing but it’s 100x better! Seriously folks, go to the grocery store soon for your Greek salad ingredients!
I hope this Greek Salad recipe becomes a new favorite go-to salad recipe for you. If you enjoyed this video, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel and don’t forget to click the bell icon so you get a notification when we post a new video. Thank you for subscribing!
Greek Salad Recipe with Lemon Dressing
This Greek Salad is a must-try! It is one of the healthiest salad recipes, naturally gluten free and full of fresh, raw veggies. You will love the healthy Greek Salad dressing. So delicious and guilt free!
Greek Salad Ingredients:
- 1 romaine lettuce head chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved (or slice heirlooms when in season)
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives sliced into thirds
- 4 oz feta cheese
Greek Dressing Ingredients:
Rinse, chop and spin dry romaine lettuce and transfer to a large salad bowl.
Add remaining salad ingredients to the bowl: sliced red onion, sliced bell peppers, halved tomatoes, diced cucumber, diced avocado, kalamata olives and feta cheese.
Combine all Greek dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine. Just before serving, drizzle dressing over the salad to taste and toss to combine.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen