Greek Salad Recipe (VIDEO)
Fresh Greek Salad is a must try and one of the healthiest salads around. This is chock-full of cucumber, tomato, avocado with tangy-salty bites of olives and feta cheese.
The Greek salad dressing is so easy and flavorful – you will want it on all of your salads! You might recognize it from some of our most popular recipes like Chicken Avocado Salad, this Cucumber Avocado Salad, or healthy Tuna Salad.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
What is Greek Salad?
Greek Salad typically combines fresh ingredients like crisp cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet bell peppers and red onion, kalamata olives and feta cheese. The simple lemon, olive oil and garlic dressing makes every bite memorable. This salad is a staple not only in Greece but in the Mediterranean region.
One of my readers, Ella Z. shared this recipe with us years ago and I’m so glad she did. Here is her story of how this salad was born is:
“The person that taught us this recipe was here on a visit from Israel, we kept cooking different kinds of dishes and he said “please stop cooking for me and take me to the market” lol He bought all these ingredients and made this salad and we have never been the same since!”
Is this a Make-Ahead Salad?
Whether you are assembling this Greek salad for meal prep, to-go lunches or planning for a party, these tips will keep your green salads vibrant and fresh:
- For crisp lettuce, rinse your romaine lettuce in cold water, then use a salad spinner (Amazon affiliate link) to dry completely. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prep and refrigerate most of your salad up to a week in advance except for tomatoes and avocados which are best added fresh.
- Add dressing just before serving. The salt in the dressing can cause the salad to wilt.
Greek Salad Dressing:
The ingredients for Greek dressing are so simple but each ingredient is important so be sure to use:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (not concentrate)
- A good extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh garlic (not powder or pre-chopped garlic)
Our Favorite Greek Recipes:
If you love fresh Mediterranean flavors, these are a must try!
- Tzatziki Sauce – amazing with Moroccan Chicken
- Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad – easy and excellent
- Baklava – a classic Greek dessert
- Grilled Moroccan Vegetable Skewers
Watch How to Make Greek Salad:
I could eat this salad all day and not get tired of it. It kind of reminds me of the Olive Garden salad and dressing but it’s 100x better! Seriously folks, go to the grocery store soon for your Greek salad ingredients!
Greek Salad Recipe with Lemon Dressing
This greek salad is a must try! It is one of the healthiest salads around; full of fresh, raw veggies and served with a healthy lemon olive oil dressing. So delicious and guilt free!
Greek Salad Ingredients:
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved (or slice heirlooms when in season)
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives sliced into thirds
- 4 oz feta cheese
Greek Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Rinse, chop and spin dry romaine lettuce and transfer to a large salad bowl.
Add remaining salad ingredients to the bowl: sliced red onion, sliced bell peppers, halved tomatoes, diced cucumber, diced avocado, kalamata olives and feta cheese.
Combine all Greek dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake to combine. Just before serving, drizzle dressing over the salad to taste and toss to combine.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
So good! My husband and son loved it too! Can you imagine yourself eating this? I want this in my mouth now!