20 Things You Should Buy At Costco
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Below is a list of 20 groceries that we consistently buy at Costco. We stick to these items because we love the quality, quantities (not ridiculously huge packages), taste and definitely prices!
I’m sharing our local Costco prices – these probably vary somewhat by state. PS. Costco did not pay me to write this post. My love of Costco propels me to share and I myself love lists like these for discovering new treasures :).
1. You can’t beat a 40 pack of Kirkland Signature water for $2.99.
3. We buy these hot cups ($9.39 for 200) in winter and clear cups in winter, plus the lids ($14.39 for 1200). We rarely go out for coffee but it’s nice to feel like we do. lol.
4. Jumbo Reynolds heavy duty foil – this double pack lasts for ever! Its so sturdy and perfect for grilled corn and every recipe that calls for foil. ($13.69 for 2 huge rolls).
Baking and Cooking:
5 & 6. I get all of my cooking oils at Costco including: avocado oil ($8.89 for 1 L), extra light olive oil ($18.99 for two 2L) and extra virgin olive oil ($11.99 for 2 L). We go through these like crazy but for normal people, these cost-effective bottles will last awhile. I love to fry foods in my extra light olive oil because it doesn’t give off that “fried food” smell.
7. Walnuts are priced well ($9.99 for 3 pounds)
8. You can’t beat a 2 lb bag of Organic Chia Seeds for $7.49.
9. Sweetened Condensed Milk ($8.99 for a pack of 6)
10. Honey! I love that they carry a wild raw LOCAL honey at our Costco ($9.89 for 40 oz)
11. From the spice aisle we buy Kirkland brand everything: sea salt ($2.79), pepper corns for the grinder and cinnamon.
12. Mayo – how do I love you, let me count the ways (don’t judge me). Have you even seen our list of mayo-containing recipes? #ridiculous ($4.99 for 64 oz)
13. Pickles – if you know me, you understand my love of pickles and I’m sad that we only have 6 pickle recipes. ($4.39 for two 33.8 oz jars)
DAIRY at Costco:
14. Mozzarella is always hanging out in our fridge. Costco has the best price that I’ve found ($3.89 for 2 lb)
15. We keep this giant bag of parmesan in the freezer and refill a small container in the fridge as needed ($10.99 for a 3 lb)
16. $5.69 for 2 (32 oz each) tubs of Greek yogurt is a steal! We use this for our typical breakfast; topped with homemade granola and berries.
Produce at Costco:
18. Their watermelon prices are generally on the lower end and 90% of the watermelon’s we’ve purchased at Costco taste really good. Maybe it’s due to my amazing watermelon knocking skills… maybe not 😉 ($4.99 each)
19. The produce we get there varies by season but during winter, we buy their Romaine lettuce ($3.49)
20. and baby cucumbers ($4.99).
Other Things to Buy at Costco:
It’s really hard to leave Costco without hitting the snack and cookbook aisles. We always go home with a treat :).
Healthy Choices at Costco:
I kid, I kid. Don’t go anywhere, we don’t EVER buy spam. lol.
We’re hooked on using the Fooducate App (Officially called “Weight Loss Coach by Fooducate – Personalized…” So just search Fooducate in the app store. Once in the app, click: “Food Finder” to initialize the barcode scanner). I always use it at the grocery store, especially with products that are new. You scan the products barcode and it provides a health food rating with explanations to defend their ratings.
These sausages didn’t make the cut. I’ve been spared from unknowingly consuming hidden MSG and other products with unhealthy ingredients.
YOUR TURN!! What do YOU buy at Costco? Let me know in a comment below 🙂