Spicy Guacamole Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” My husband doesn’t share my stubborn approach. He’s always pushing me to improve recipes and somehow makes a great recipe even more amazing!
Our first guacamole was delicious; we probably made it more than 50 times! We’ve changed it up a little and spiced it up a lot! This spicy guacamole lights a small fire in your mouth forcing you to eat it slowly and savor each bite.
Ingredients for Spicy Guacamole:
1 medium tomato, seeded
1/2 white onion (chopped)
1/2 cup (1/3 bunch) of cilantro
2 serano or jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
3 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
1/2 tsp ground cumin
How To Make Spicy Guacamole:
1. Cut avocados in half, remove the seeds and scrape them out into a flat bottomed bowl (a flat bottom will make it easier to mash). Smash with a potato masher or a fork (leave some chunks; don’t puree it).
2. Chop onion and add it to the bowl.
3. Remove seeds from jalapeños (or serranos for spicier guacamole). Chop jalapeños finely. We double chop them through our Vidalia Chop Wizard which makes chopping a cinch!
4. Cut the tomato in half parallel with the top and remove seeds (either by scraping them out with a small spoon or by squeezing them out). Dice your tomatoes. Add chopped tomatoes to your bowl. We often just leave the seeds in (that’s ok too).
5. Press garlic than finely chop your cilantro and add it to the bowl.
6. Add 1/2 tsp dry cumin powder, 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp kosher salt (regular salt is ok too) and 3 Tbsp of lime juice.
If you’re really bored, serve guacamole in the avocado shells. Hopefully you didn’t have to fish them out of the garbage can. I’m not admitting to anything.
If you want to make this ahead, mix all the ingredients except the salt, pepper and cumin. Place plastic wrap directly onto the guacamole and push out any air. I made this earlier in the day and enjoyed it in the evening and it looked perfectly green, not a brown spot in sight! Just know that it loses some of it’s spiciness if it sits in the fridge. Just before serving, mix in the salt, pepper and cumin.
If you’ve handled jalapenos, DO NOT pick your nose. Trust me.
Spicy Guacamole Recipe
- 3 avocados
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro , (1/3 bunch)
- 2 serrano peppers, finely chopped (or use jalapenos for milder guac)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
Cut avocados in half, remove the seeds and scrape them out into a flat bottomed bowl. Smash with a potato masher or a fork.
Chop onion and add it to the bowl.
Remove seeds from jalapenos and finely dice them.
Cut the tomato in half parallel with the top and remove seeds. Dice your tomatoes and add them to your bowl.
Press garlic and chop your cilantro than add them to the bowl.
Add 1/2 tsp dry cumin powder, 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and 3 Tbsp of lime juice. Serve right away.
If you want to make this ahead, place plastic wrap directly onto the guacamole and push out any air and refrigerate.