Corn Guacamole Recipe
Grilled Corn Guacamole is sweet, smoky and so satisfying! We love this spin on Classic Guacamole. The addition of sweet charred corn, red onion, and a bit of cumin make this an irresistible appetizer.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Our family consumes a massive amount of avocados (thankfully they are good for you!) and guacamole is our specialty. This corn guacamole recipe is among our all-time favorites, right up there with Spicy Guacamole.
Corn Guacamole Ingredients:
You’ll need all of the basic guacamole ingredients: 3 large avocados, 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice, cilantro, red onion, salt, pepper, and ground cumin. The ground cumin amplifies the flavor of corn and gives this taste like southwestern guacamole.
Instead of traditional tomatoes, we add corn from two grilled corn cobs. Check out our easy tutorial on how to make Grilled Corn in Foil. We love grilled corn because you get those beautiful charred marks and a bit of smoky flavor.
Can I Use Canned or Frozen Corn?
We love this best in the warmer months when corn is in season and super sweet, but we have used organic canned or even frozen corn (cooked according to package instructions) when the craving strikes in winter.
You can also use our Instant Pot Corn on the Cob if you have fresh corn and prefer not to use the grill.
Looking for More Cinco de Mayo Appetizers?
These are our top-rated Mexican-inspired appetizers.
- Cowboy Caviar – always a hit at parties
- Shrimp Ceviche – this authentic ceviche is on the regular rotation
- Mango Shrimp Salsa – this combination is incredible
- Pico De Gallo – an excellent fresh salsa or topping
- Jalapeno Ranch – perfect as a dip or dressing
Get the print-friendly recipe below with instructions for how to make corn guacamole as well as the nutrition information.
Corn Guacamole Recipe
- 3 large avocados
- 2 cobs corn on the cob, grilled
- 1/2 red onion, sweeter flavor
- 1/2 cup cilantro, (1/3 bunch) chopped
- 3 Tbsp lime juice, from 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove pits. Use a spoon to scrape the avocado into a medium bowl. Mash avocados with a potato masher to a chunky consistency.
- Squeeze 3 Tbsp of fresh lime juice over mashed avocados while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Cut corn kernels off of the cobs and add to the bowl along with diced onion, and chopped cilantro. Season with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp cumin. Stir just until combined and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen