Bacon Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Recipe
This cheesy Bacon Mushroom Stuffed Chicken recipe smothered in a homemade honey mustard sauce is going to become an instant hit with kids and adults alike!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Chicken is our favorite protein to enjoy. However, sometimes it’s hard to create something that feels like restaurant quality and looks impressive. This stuffed chicken is not only oh so appealing, but it also tastes like you were at a 5+ restaurant from the comfort of your home. #Winner
Friends, meet Valentina Ablaev of Valentina’s Corner. We are delighted to have her begin guest posting on our blog! I met Valentina several years ago through blogging and we have been friends ever since. Valentina is a gem of a person and she sure knows her way around the kitchen (read more about her below). I know you all will LOVE her recipes!
Pin this recipe to your dinner board HERE!
Tip: Be sure to use an oven-safe skillet. If you don’t have one, transfer chicken to an oven-safe dish once the chicken is cooked at step 7, then, continue with instructions.
How to Make Stuffed Chicken: The Step-by-Step Guide
- Prepare sauce: Combine the ingredients for the homemade honey mustard, set aside.
- Cook bacon. Sauté mushrooms.
- Gently cut through the center of chicken creating a pocket. Don’t cut all the way through.
- Season both sides of chicken.
- Stuff chicken with cheese, mushrooms and bacon. Gently secure pockets with a toothpick, optional.
- Brown chicken in skillet and fully cook.
- Top chicken with remaining bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
- Drizzle honey mustard sauce over everything. Cover dish with foil and bake.
How to make a homemade honey mustard sauce?
There is just something about making your own sauces or dips at home. You can skip the added ingredients that preserve them. Homemade is always best. This honey mustard sauce is no different. The sauce has a sweet yet savory taste, a wonderful balance.
Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and you’re done. So easy!
What can I serve stuffed chicken with?
You can serve the dish with your favorite side. A baked potato, Creamy Mashed Potatoes or rice will all work wonderfully. A side salad like this Spring salad is the perfect finish to the meal.
What kind of cheese can I use?
Colby Jack cheese is best in this recipe. However, Four cheese or Mexican will work as well. Tip: Cheese performs best when a block of cheese is freshly grated. There are fewer additives in a block of cheese then there is in shredded store-bought cheese.
Chicken Tenders for Adults
Do you have a particular food you distinctly remember enjoying as a kid? Perhaps mac and cheese or chicken tenders? For me, it’s chicken tenders. Well, friends, this here is a fancy adult version of every kid’s favorite combination of chicken tenders dipped in honey mustard sauce. Something about this recipe brings back childhood memories – except it’s a whole new level of delish, and very adultlike, yes that’s a thing now;)!
Stuffed chicken with bacon, mushrooms and loaded with cheese, lots of cheese. Topped with more bacon and mushrooms and drizzled with the easiest and tastiest homemade honey mustard sauce, then baked to perfection. The bacon combined with mushrooms and cheese smothered in the sauce is a heavenly combination. #SeriousCravings
I hope you LOVE this chicken recipe! Don’t forget to comment below and tag us on Social media when you make this dish:). #NatashasKitchen
Try these other stuffed chicken recipes:
- Stuffed Chicken Parmesan– kid approved and loved!
- Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken- the secret sauce is the boss.
- Stuffed Chicken Thighs & Cauliflower– chicken + cauliflower = YES!.
- Ham & Cheese Stuffed Chicken– a lighter version of chicken cordon bleu.
Bacon Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Recipe
For the Stuffed Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 oz bacon
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz cheese, grated*
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn oven on to 350°F at step 7.
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Recipe:
- Prepare honey mustard sauce. Combine the ingredients for the sauce, mix until well incorporated.
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Sauté in a large skillet until cooked, stirring frequently for even cooking. Remove bacon.
- Reserve 1 tsp of the grease drain the remaining grease. Add the mushroom reserved bacon grease and sauté until browned, lightly season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan, set aside to cool.
- Gently cut through the center of chicken breasts creating a pocket. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Open the chicken breast, stuff with cheese, mushrooms and bacon. Gently secure pocket with a toothpick.
- On med/high heat, add 1 tsp oil to skillet. Once hot, carefully transfer chicken to skillet. Sautee chicken 4-5 minutes per side until fully cooked, flipping halfway (cooking time may differ, depending on the size of the chicken).
- Top stuffed chicken with remaining bacon, mushrooms and cheese. Drizzle sauce over everything. Cover skillet with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil, cook another 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Q: Have you tried making any stuffed chicken recipes? Let me know your favorite in a comment below.