Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Recipe (with GF Option)
This Stuffed Chicken Parmesan is crisp on the outside and so juicy inside. This is an easy, one-pan, 30 min parmesan chicken dinner you’ll make over and over!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
If you love Classic Chicken Parmesan, this Stuffed Chicken Parm is bound to become a new favorite! The parmesan crust seals in the juices and the mozzarella cheese keeps the meat so tender. You will savor every bite of this easy parmesan crusted chicken.
Watch How to Make Stuffed Chicken Parmesan:
Our family loves chicken recipes and this was no exception. My kiddos gobbled this up so fast and especially loved the giant cheese pull surprise inside! My son spotted me editing the photos for this recipe and said it was pure torture (especially the photo below), requesting that I make it for him again – good thing it’s an EASY chicken parmesan!
P.S. That pan I’m using (because I know someone will ask) is one one of my favorites because it is a pan but it is deep so it is super versatile for one-pan meals! It is a Staub Braiser.
Ingredients & Best Sauce for Chicken Parmesan:
You can use a homemade marinara sauce or your favorite store-bought marinara sauce in a pinch. We always have several glass jars of organic marinara from Costco and it works really well. If you have a favorite marinara sauce, let me know in a comment below!
This stuffed chicken parmesan couldn’t be easier!! Season, slice, stuff and bread. And YES, you can absolutely season and stuff the chicken breasts ahead of time and have them ready to bread and cook for a most delicious chicken dinner!
How to Make Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan:
This can easily be made gluten free! We experimented using gluten free flour to dredge and gluten free cracker crumbs for the crust and didn’t notice a difference in taste. The cracker crumbs adhered even better to the chicken than the bread crumbs. We are excited about expanding our collection of gluten free recipes!
More Easy Chicken Recipes You will LOVE:
- Spatchcock Chicken – the best way to roast a whole chicken (a 1-pan dinner)
- Chicken Madeira – a Cheesecake Factory copycat with amazing flavor
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry – perfect for busy weeknights
- Chicken Teriyaki – quick, easy and so much better than takeout
Print-Friendly Stuffed Chicken Parm Recipe:
Stuffed Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, (4 medium)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour , *or gluten free flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs, well beaten with a fork
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs such as panko, **see notes for GF option
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 Tbsp extra light olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, divided, (1 1/2 cups shredded)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped, to garnish
- Season chicken breasts with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste. Cut a deep slit into each breast without cutting all the way through and stuff each with 2-3 Tbsp of mozzarella, closing the edges to seal.
- Set up 3 large bowls. In the first, pour 1/2 cup flour. In the second, beat 2 large eggs thoroughly with a fork. In the third, stir together 1/2 cup bread crumbs and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Working with 1 stuffed chicken breast at a time, carefully dredge in flour, tapping off any excess. Then dip into the beaten eggs, letting any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Finally dip in bread crumbs, turning a couple times to get a good coating.
- Place a large, deep pan or dutch oven over medium heat and add 3 Tbsp olive oil to lightly coat the pan. Once oil is hot, add the breaded chicken in a single layer and sauté 4 min per side or until golden brown on each side.
- Pour 2 cups of marinara sauce around the chicken and spoon some of the marinara onto the center of each chicken breast. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the stuffed chicken then bake uncovered at 400˚F for 15-20 min, or until an instant read thermometer reads 165˚F when inserted into the chicken (mine was ready at 15 min). Garnish with freshly chopped basil.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
This is such a treat and I hope this becomes a favorite in your home as well. Enjoy this my friends!