Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
We absolutely love salmon recipes and this is our very favorite! Find out why this is one of the most popular baked salmon recipes online! This baked salmon recipe is a huge hit wherever it goes. It’s incredibly flavorful, flaky and juicy.
It’s also super easy to make, making it a perfect go-to recipe for parties and entertaining. My children actually eat this salmon! With over a 100 five-star reviews, this roasted salmon is sure to become a favorite in your home.
I hope you fall in love with this recipe! According to my readers, it has saved marriages, impressed in-laws, and had many picky eaters smiling :).
Watch how to Make the Best Baked Salmon Recipe:
This baked salmon was how we celebrated my passing the HUGE and super stressful nursing exam. Life can now resume. My hubby has his wife back and I feel like a better Mama. I can breath again! Back to the celebration dinner.
This oven baked salmon tasted fancy and delicious but was surprisingly easy and quick to make! The inspiration for this came from our favorite shrimp recipe; Garlic and Herb Shrimp (Yumm!!). I’m convinced this is the very best marinade for seafood.
I also have the most scrumptious lobster tails recipe using the same base where I even turned it into a dipping butter! The flavors just work!
Ingredients for The Best Baked Salmon:
1 1/2 lb salmon fillet (this was wild sockeye)
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (we used grey poupon brand)
1/2 tsp salt (we use sea salt)
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp light olive oil (not extra virgin, use oil with a higher smoke point)
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Lemon slices, for effect 🙂
How to Make Baked Salmon:
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F. Line rimmed baking sheet with silpat or foil. If you don’t line the dish, you will later regret it as you scrub the pan fiercely for a day and a half (speaking from experience).
2. In a small bowl, combine: 2 Tbsp parsley, 3 pressed cloves garlic, 1/2 Tbsp Dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Smell the mixture – it’s simply amazing!
3. Slice salmon into even portions: I cut 4 generous slices of salmon. Lay them onto prepared baking dish, skin-side-down.
4. Generously brush the top and sides of salmon with sauce and top with lemon slices.
5. Bake at 450°F for 12-15 min or until just cooked through and flaky. Don’t over-cook. That’s it! An easy, excellent dish. The best baked salmon! See all the gunk I had to scrub off the baking dish? Lesson learned – next time line that pan!
Mmm… flaky, juicy and incredibly flavorful salmon. This is truly an absolutely delicious salmon recipe and the #1 salmon recipe on our blog!
♥ FAVORITE THINGS ♥
Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon
- 1 1/2 lb salmon fillet
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 3 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt we use sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp light olive oil not extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced into 4 rings for effect
Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line rimmed baking sheet with silpat or foil.
In a small bowl, combine: 2 Tbsp parsley, 2-3 pressed cloves garlic, 1/2 Tbsp Dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
Slice salmon into 4 portions and arrange them on a lined baking dish, keeping salmon skin-side-down.
Generously brush top and sides of salmon with sauce and top with lemon slices.
Bake at 450°F for 12-15 min or until just cooked through and flaky. Don't over-cook.
P.S. Thank you for pinning this yummy recipe and sharing it with the people you love. I really appreciate it! 🙂