Cheeseburger Sliders (Easy, 30-min Recipe)
Cheeseburger Sliders are juicy, cheesy and beefy – everything we love about classic burgers! These sliders are quick and easy, make-ahead, and reheat really well so they’re perfect for meal prep or gatherings. Watch the video tutorial and you’ll be craving them until you make them.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
We made these Cheeseburger sliders for our daughter’s 5th birthday party and we loved not having to stand over the grill to make traditional burgers. I made them earlier in the day which was amazing and took the stress out of making food for a large crowd. The kids were crazy about these cute little hamburger sliders and they disappeared so fast!
P.S. You can easily cut this recipe exactly in half (keeping the baking instructions the same) to feed a smaller family.
The Best Rolls for Sliders:
To make these burger sliders, use a 24-pack of dinner rolls (or 2 smaller 12-packs). We love the King’s Hawaiian Roll brand for making sliders and our favorite flavors are original Hawaiian Sweet and Savory Butter. You can also use homemade dinner rolls.
The Best Ground Beef for Cheeseburger Sliders:
Stick with lean ground beef – either 90/10 (10% fat content) or 93/7 (7% fat content). You can use ground beef with a higher fat content if that is what you have on hand since you will be spooning out the extra fat and liquid.
Tips for Making Hamburger Sliders:
- Spoon out the excess fat and liquid release from the beef so you don’t end up with soggy buns.
- Lining the bottom buns with cheese and covering the beef with cheese seals in the juiciness of the beef without making the buns too moist.
- Apply the sesame seeds as soon as you brush on the butter and they will stick better to the buns.
- Bake uncovered so the rolls don’t sweat and become soggy.
Can I Make these Ahead?
Yes! Sliders can be pre-made even a day ahead then covered and refrigerated. If baking from chilled sliders, add an extra 3 minutes or so when baking, or until hot and the cheese is melted.
Sliders also reheat really well. To reheat sliders: microwave each slider uncovered 15-20 seconds or just until the beef is heated through and cheese is melted.
What to Serve with Sliders:
Sliders are so fun because they can be served as an appetizer, lunch, or main course for dinner. We keep it simple and serve sliders with chilled dill pickles. They are also amazing with Baked Potato Wedges. Because these have the classic profile of cheeseburgers, try dipping them into homemade burger sauces, or use your favorite condiments like ketchup, mayo, and mustard.
Watch How to Make Sliders Video Tutorial:
I hope this easy slider recipe becomes a new favorite for you. If you enjoy our videos, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel for more dinner inspiration and click the bell icon so you’ll be the first to know when we post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing!
Want More Slider Recipes?
Tell me about your favorite slider recipes in the comments below. We are always looking for delicious new ideas. P.S. If you haven’t tried them, you can also make juicy meatball sliders! Also, let me know if you have any specific recipe requests.
Cheeseburger Sliders (Easy, 30-min Recipe)
- 2 lb lean ground beef, (90/10 or 93/7 fat content)
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices medium cheddar cheese
- 6 oz medium cheddar, shredded (or used more sliced cheese)
- 24 dinner rolls, (or use 2 packs of 12)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus more to grease baking sheet
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Butter the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place a large skillet over medium/high heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Add diced onion then 2 lbs ground beef and break up with a spatula. Season with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Sautee over medium/high heat, breaking up the beef and cook just until cooked through then remove from heat.
- Tilt skillet to spoon off and discard excess fat. Stir in 1/4 cup mayo.
- Cut buns in half. Place bottom half of dinner rolls on buttered baking sheet and line bread with sliced cheese. Spread ground beef mixture evenly over the sliced cheese, using the back of a spatula to square off the edges. Cover the ground beef with 6 oz of shredded cheddar.
- Place the top of buns, cut-side down, over the burgers. Brush tops with 2 Tbsp melted butter and immediately sprinkle tops with sesame seeds. Bake at 350˚F for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen