Grilled Steak Kebabs Recipe
Our most flavorful and tender steak kebabs recipe yet! My sister Sveta came up with this recipe and it is well loved by our whole family. These smell amazing on the grill and they taste even better! Marinating the steak overnight turns this into a make-ahead recipe (YES!) and the flavors are irresistible! Take one whiff of that marinade and you’ll just know! Get ready to savor every bite of these grilled steak kabobs.
Big thank you to my youngest sister, Sveta, for sharing this recipe with us. Sveta is a natural cook and she has shared so many of her wonderful recipes with us over the years, like this must-try juicy grilled chicken breast that shows up at nearly every summer party around here :).
Easy Ingredients Grilled Steak Kebabs & Steak Marinade:
What You Will Need:
8 medium (about 12″) metal grilling skewers
How to Make Steak Kebabs:
1. Add 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (honey flavor, or sweet and smoky), 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Place chopped steak into a large mixing bowl or Ziploc bag and pour marinade over meat. Stir to combine, cover (or seal the bag) and refrigerate overnight, stirring once or twice while marinating. Allow at least 8 hours for the marinade to tenderize the meat.
3. Skewer the marinated meat along with the sliced vegetables onto kabobs, alternating them on the skewer. Grill steak kabobs over med/high heat for about 8-10 minutes or until desired doneness is reached, rotating every 2-3 minutes for even grilling. Remove kebabs from grill and let them rest at least 5 minutes before eating.
Grilled Steak Kebabs
Grilled Steak Kebab Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 lbs beef tri tip or petite sirlion cut into 1 1/2" thick pieces
- 2 medium zucchini cut into thick rings
- 1 medium purple onion cut into 1" pieces
For the Steak Marinade:
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce honey flavor, or sweet and smoky
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Add all marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Place chopped steak into large mixing bowl or Ziploc bag and pour marinade over meat. Stir to combine, cover (or seal the bag) and refrigerate overnight, stirring once or twice while marinating. Allow at least 8 hours for marinade to tenderize meat.
Skewer marinated meat along with the sliced veggies, alternating them on the skewer. Grill steak kabobs over med/high heat for about 8-10 min or until desired doneness is reached, rotating every 2-3 min for even grilling. Remove kebobs from grill and let them rest at least 5 min before eating.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Juicy, tender and mouthwatering-delicious! I hope you all enjoy this grilled steak kebabs recipe. It is such a treat in summer!