Shabby Chic Baby Shower, Party Menu & Baby Registry Ideas
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This past weekend, my sisters threw me a vintage Shabby Chic themed baby shower to celebrate our (soon to be born) baby girl. It was lovely. The decorations were sweet and at least 40 gals came to celebrate with us. It was such a happy and blessed day for me :).
Here are some photos from the party along with pictures of the food to give you awesome party menu ideas (there were loads of compliments on the menu!). I also included my top baby gear picks which I hope will give any new mamas some great ideas for building your baby registry. Read on to see pictures of the decor, food, party-goers and more.
The decor was so whimsical and just plain pretty. I walked in and got excited all over again that I’m having a girl. So much lovely shades of pink. My sisters really went all out and it made me feel so loved. Thank you Tanya, Alla, Anna, and Sveta for making everything stunning.
Ofcourse I needed a picture with my two prego sisters. I’m due March 7th, Sveta in the middle is due May 5th and Alla on the right is due March 9th. Before we know it, we’ll have pictures of all three babies lined up in a row. Awwww, can’t wait! 🙂
I added links for the recipes that I have on my blog (see links below photos).
1. Cabbage and Bell Pepper Salad – you will LOVE the dressing on this one!
2. Simple Caesar Salad
3. Strawberry Spinach Salad – always, always a hit at parties.
1. Pulled Pork and mushrooms – my sister Tanya used pork this time instead of beef
2. BBQ Juicy Chicken – super moist and flavorful (the pic doesn’t do it justice).
3. Green Beans with garlic – we omitted the almonds to make it nut-allergy friendly
1. Baby Red Potatoes – with sautéed onion, carrots and garlic + cream
2. Canapes – A classic treat at Ukrainian parties
3. Authentic lamb plov – I can’t take credit for this one. My new friend, Alla’s husband made it the authentic way – in a Kazan over a fire for a few hours and that’s lamb in there. It was, how we say, bombzilla. The closest recipe that I have is this beef plov.
1. Cheese Crepes (blintzes) with raisins – seriously, yum!
2. Rogaliki with jam – my Mom’s specialty.
3. Strawberry Layer Cake – I updated the recipe, but I need to update the photos still.
4. Mom’s Spartak Cake – my favorite cake in the whole world. And it’s always a favorite with the kiddos.
1. On the left: Strawberry Party Punch
2. On the right: This is new. I’m working on putting the recipe together for you. It’s a raspberry sherbert punch. Mmmm mmm. 🙂
Some Baby Registry Advice 🙂
If you are an expecting Mama, (or you know one and you should pass this info along ;)), here are the things I registered for. It’s a great idea to register at a local store like Babies R US or Target for local peeps to know what you want, but don’t forget to start an Amazon baby registry for out-of-state shoppers and for yourself! They send you a 10% completion discount (15% for being an Amazon Mom – join free with Amazon prime) on most of the items on your registry so if you are looking to make any large (or small) purchases online, Amazon is the way to go. Also, in most states there is no sales tax on Amazon either. This is all pretty substantial if you’re buying strollers and carseats and baby monitors!
My 15 Top Baby Registry Picks of 2015:
1. Boppy – This makes feeding so much easier and less straining on your back.
2. Gerber organic cloth diapers – these make excellent burp cloths and they are super soft and absorbent.
3. I went with Dr. Browns for bottling after much going back and forth – these are the top rated for aiding gassy babies. I’m trying glass bottles out for size and I also got the silicone bottle sleeves to protect them from breaking and provide better grip.
5. Aden and Anais bibs – super absorbent, large, and cute to boot!
1. Aden & Anais Muslin Swaddle Cloths – super soft and breathable. I stocked up on these.
2. Have you ever held a jelly cat toy? They are made in Europe and they ALWAYS become the kids favorite toy. This has been true for my son and all of his cousins. My sisters and I love these cute and ultra snuggly creatures. They are also hard to find – we get them at the local hospital’s gift shop, or on Amazon.
3. California Baby for everything bath and body related
4. Bourdreaux’s butt paste for the cute little tush.
1. Graco Snugfit Click Connect 35 Car Seat (in Tangerine) – light weight with room to grow.
2. Extra Carseat Base for the husbands car – make your life way way easier by purchasing one that stays in your hubby’s car.
3. Click connect stroller frame for carseat – these are super useful if baby falls asleep and you don’t want to wake them to transfer from the carseat. Take the carseat with you easily!
Now, do you all have any baby item suggestions for me??
Here are more pics of the beautiful guests at the party.
There were so many awesome gals that came to the party and I’m so thankful to have each of you in my life :).
To everyone who helped put together this baby shower – planning, cooking, setting up, cleaning, a huge Thank you! I am so blessed by each of you. A particular thank you to my Mama. I’ve been thinking alot about the woman who brought me into the world. My Mama is one amazing woman. I am so thankful for such a Godly, loving, selfless role model of what a Mom should be. I just love you Mama :).