Home > Dessert > Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies (VIDEO)

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies (VIDEO)

This is the only recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies that you will need. These have all the elements of the perfect cookie with a soft and moist center, melty morsels of chocolate, and crisp edges. Best of all, there’s no chilling or refrigeration required so you can satisfy that cookie craving when it strikes!

Chocolate Chip Cookies studded with chocolate chips on a cookie rack

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies!

There is no match for homemade chocolate chip cookies with soft and warm cookie dough, gooey chocolate chips, and the sweetest aroma coming from your oven. It’s just as tantalizing as homemade baked donuts or banana bread. Whether you’re making Christmas cookies or surprising your kiddos with a sweet after school treat, memories are made with America’s most loved chocolate chip cookies.

Watch Chocolate Chip Cookies Video Tutorial:

Everyone needs a go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe and this one is a keeper. The cookies stay soft for days. Just read the amazing reviews then try them for yourself. P.S. Just to clarify, we now use 1 tsp baking soda because we loved the results even more.

Tips for Making Chocolate Chip Cookies:

• Measure ingredients correctly, especially the dry ingredients (fluff your flour with a spoon then spoon flour into the cup and scrape off the top for an accurate measure).
  • Sift baking soda to eliminate any lumps
  • Butter and eggs should be at room temperature
  • Use plenty of chocolate chips – they add moisture and give the cookies good form
  • Use a trigger release scoop for equal-sized cookies (3 Tbsp each)
  • For a prettier cookie, stud the top of each cookie dough ball with a few extra chocolate chips before baking.

Ingredients:

This chocolate chip cookie dough has simple ingredients with pantry staples you probably already have and the cookies can be baked right away (no chilling required). You can also refrigerate or freeze until ready to bake and they bake up perfectly every time.

Ingredients for chocolate chip cookies with baking soda, brown sugar, chocolate chips, butter and eggs

Which is the Best Chocolate for Cookies?

Semi-sweet chocolate chips (46% – 60% cocoa content) – Chocolate chip cookies are classically made with standard sized semi-sweet chocolate chips, but mini chocolate chips or chocolate “chunks” will also work. Nestle, Tollhouse, Ghirardelli, Guittard, Kirkland, Hershey’s,… most any brand will work. If you have the option, look for a package that states the cocoa content.

Milk chocolate chips (10% cocoa)- If you like a very sweet cookie, milk chocolate chips are a good option, just be prepared with your glass of milk! You can also mix milk chocolate with semi-sweet.

Bittersweet chocolate chips (70% cocoa) – produce a more ‘adult’ cookie – intensely chocolatey and less sweet.

cookies studded with semisweet chocolate chips is the best chocolate for chocolate chip cookies

How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies:

This is the easiest cookie recipe and comes together quickly. Start with some quick prep: preheat oven to 350 °F and Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats. We usually bake 1/3 of the cookies at a time and refrigerate or freeze the rest to make a fresh batch another day.

1. In a large mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar on medium/high speed 5 minutes.
  2. Beat in eggs one at a time then mix in vanilla extract.
  3. In a separate bowl, thoroughly whisk together flour, baking soda and salt then beat it in thirds into the batter. Fold chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
  4. Scoop even balls of dough (3 Tbsp each) and arrange on prepared baking sheets. Bake one cookie sheet at a time.

How to make chocolate chip cookies step by step tutorial in the bowl of stand mixer

The Secret to Soft Cookies:

Over-baking is the #1 cause of hard cookies. So, when are chocolate chip cookies done? The cookies should be removed from the oven when they are just turning golden at the base and the dough still looks a little raw on top. They won’t look done coming out of the oven and you’ll be tempted to keep them in there longer, but please do not over-bake.

Removing them at the right time is the secret to soft chocolate chip cookies. Our sweet spot for baking is 12 minutes (whether baking right away or after refrigerating the cookie balls)

Soft chocolate chip cookies broken in half to show moist chocolatey center

Why do Chocolate Chip Cookies go Flat?

This is usually due to having the wrong balance of ingredients (not enough flour) causing them to spread out too much. Also, check your leavening and make sure your baking soda is not expired and still active. To test baking soda, place 1 tsp baking soda into a cup and add a splash of vinegar – it should fizz and if it doesn’t, replace your baking soda.

Why did my Cookies not Flatten?

If your cookies ended up too thick and did not flatten, the usual culprit is too much flour. Be sure to measure by fluffing the flour first with a spoon then spoon it into a dry ingredient measuring cup and scrape off the top. If you push your measuring cup into a flour bin, you will get up to 25% too much flour. Also, do not tap the flour down in the measuring cup.

Also, form cookies with 3 Tbsp of dough. If you make them too large, they will take longer to spread.

Chocolate chip cookies cooling on wire rack

How to Freeze Cookie Dough:

This cookie dough is freezer friendly and we love freezing half for another day.

To freeze cookie dough: place cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet or cutting board, cover and freeze for an hour or until solid. Once they are frozen, you can transfer them to a large ziploc bag and freeze up to 3 months.

To bake frozen cookie dough: transfer to a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet and thaw the frozen cookies in the refrigerator for 3 hours over overnight before baking per the recipe instructions.

More Cookie Recipes:

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

Total Time: 22 minutes
Chocolate Chip cookies on rack

Everyone's favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies - soft, moist and loaded with chocolate. There's no chilling required and you'll get perfect cookies every time.

Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Keyword: chocolate chip cookies, soft chocolate chip cookies
Course: Cookies, Dessert
Servings: 26 chocolate chip cookies

1. Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or Silpat liner. In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, combine 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup of packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white sugar. Beat 5 minutes on medium/high speed until creamy and light, scraping donw the bowl as needed.

2. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well with each addition, scraping down the bowl as needed, then beat in 2 tsp of vanilla.

3. In a separate bowl, combine 3 cups of flour, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp of baking soda (sifted to eliminate lumps). Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter in thirds, mixing to incorporate with each addition. Fold in 2 cups of chocolate chips.

4. Use an ice cream scoop to get even balls of dough (3 Tbsp each). Place scoops of dough onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Mine fit onto 3 cookie sheets and made 26 cookies. Roll balls lightly with your hands then stud tops of cookie balls with reserved chocolate chips. Bake right away or cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.

5. Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 12-15 min at 350˚F (we bake 12 minutes), until edges are just turning golden. The tops should still look under-baked. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet 5 min then transfer to a rack to cool.

Recipe Notes

*To measure flour correctly, fluff the flour with a spoon then spoon it into a dry ingredient measuring cup and level the top. Do not dip a measuring cup directly into the flour bin or you can compact it and get up to 25% more flour and your cookies won't spread correctly.

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

We first published this chocolate chip cookie recipe in 2012. We are always working on perfecting our recipes so we modified the recipe with a tad more salt and switched to 1 tsp baking soda. This resulted in a softer, chewier cookie that spread perfectly with or without chilling the dough. We also added new photos and here is the original:

Soft and gooey chocolate chip cookies

• Dona
    April 18, 2020

I made the cookies and came out so yummy. I tried to divide the dough for 2 flavors (raisins and peanut butter) intended for my kiddos actually. I put sugars in all brown (no granulated) but the outcome are still perfect.

Will make again these cookies soon.

April 18, 2020

That’s so awesome Dona! Thank you for sharing that wonderful review with me!

• Dona
    April 18, 2020

I made the recipe and cookies came out so yummy. I tried to divide the dough for 2 flavors (raisins and peanut butter) intended for my kiddos actually. I put sugars in all brown (no granulated) but the outcome are still perfect.

Will make again these cookies soon.

April 18, 2020

So nice to know that, Dona. I haven’t tried raisins and peanut butter yet but I should give that a try next time. Thanks for your wonderful review!

• Brian
    April 17, 2020

I’m a 73 yr old man and have been cooking and baking a lot since staying home.

I made these cookies tonight and have to say this recipe has replaced any other recipe I may have had.

I loved the idea of a hand mixer for ALL the mixing. Made it easier on my hands.

Thank you so much for your channel. Keep up the good work and I’ll be trying other recipes soon.

April 17, 2020

Awww that’s the best! Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Brian! I’m all smiles!

• Nikhe Limaniar
    April 17, 2020

Do I have to put my dough in refrigerator before I bake them?

April 17, 2020

Hi Nikhe, we made this recipe so that it doesn’t require the make-ahead refrigerated step.

• Tatiana
    April 15, 2020

Hi, we just baked these cookies but unfortunately, they did not flatten at all. We used 2 sticks x 100g butter. Should have we used 200g sticks? They are still in the oven, smelling well but look like hedgehogs hehe also our ice-cream spoon maybe is bigger than yours, so we have made 14 huge hedgehogs we spooned the flour in the cup, so that should not be a problem. I suspect, it is the butter? kindly advise. Usually, we are extremely lucky with your recipes!

April 15, 2020

Hi Tatiana, each stick of butter was 113 grams. It sounds like maybe it wasn’t enough butter if yours were each 100 grams. If you click the metric button in the recipe card, you will find the grams conversion. I hope that helps.

• Amirah
    April 13, 2020

hi natasha i have made you apple pie recipe and it tasted wonderful I’m excited to try you chocolate chip recipe which i’ll be making today. although can i use crushed milk chocolate chip buttons instead of chocolate chips?

April 14, 2020

Thank you for your great feedback Amira. I imagine the chocolate buttons should work too, please share with us how it goes if you give it a try.

• Maria
    April 13, 2020

Hello, i don’t have a electric mixer as i don’t really bake usually, so can i mix with a balloon whisk or a fork? Thank you !!

April 13, 2020

Hi Maria, Yes, that would definitely work just fine!

• Maria
        April 13, 2020

Okay thanks !! And, sorry to bother you, but can i use half the quantity of brown sugar ? And does it matter if i use dark brown sugar?

April 13, 2020

Yes, if you prefer a darker colored cookie, you could use dark brown sugar instead. Please let us know how it goes if you do an experiment!

• Magda
    April 9, 2020

Best chewy chocolate chip recipe ever. After cookies cooled down, they were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I would recommend adding soft caramel candy in the centre of every cookie.

April 9, 2020

That’s a great tip, Magda. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Susie
    April 8, 2020

Hi. Is there a difference in using a glass measuring cup and/or a nested measuring cup set for dry ingredients?

April 9, 2020

Hi Susie, I think this post on measuring will help you answer that question.

• Anna Ashkinazi
    April 8, 2020

Hi Natasha, all your recipes are amazing. Feels like I’m making everything from you website, lol. I made these cookies tonight and I think I used too much flour. I didn’t scoop the flour into the measuring cup like you recommended. I made half the batch and still have the other half in cookie dough form. Is there anything I can do to fix the cookie dough and make them more like cookies than biscuits. Great flavor though. Thanks.

April 9, 2020

Hi Anna, scooping into the measuring cup is the way to go. If you don’t scoop it you get a lot more flour in there and that affects the recipe. Since baking is such a science it is hard to say how much flour you actually have in there. You may have to add more of the other ingredients to salvage that. Again, it is hard to say with baking.

• Mare Zorio
    April 8, 2020

WoW! You were So right, Natasha! I will never look for another chocolate chip cookie recipe again! These are fabulous!

April 8, 2020

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite!

• Rum HS
    April 6, 2020

Natasha… Your recipe is amazing! Thank you so much for this! The cookies were crisp on the outside and all melty on the inside. A crowd pleaser, for sure.

April 6, 2020

Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and for giving this recipe an awesome review!

• Barbara
    April 5, 2020

Chocplate cookies terrific.family loved.niagara falls.canada

April 5, 2020

So great to hear that, Barbara. Take care and stay safe!

• Vonnie
    April 4, 2020

Hi Natasha! This will be my very first time making chocolate chip cookies from scratch! I love all of your recipes. QUESTION: every time I read a cookie recipe it says to chill the dough. You said no chilling required, will chilling change anything?? Will it make it better if I do??

April 4, 2020

Hi Vonnie, We updated the recipe because the previous one did require chilling and some people chilled the dough while others didn’t and experienced flat cookies. Now whether you chill it or not, your cookies will be thick, moist and soft. I hope you love this chocolate chip cookies recipe!

• Dominique
    April 3, 2020

Hi Natasha! Can i use dark brown sugar instead? Thanks!

April 3, 2020

Hello Dominique, if you prefer a darker colored cookie, you could use a dark brown sugar instead.

• Lucy-Ann Adam
    April 1, 2020

My new favourite! They turned out perfectly and are so delicious! Thank you!

April 1, 2020

I’m so glad you found a favorite on our site! That’s just awesome!

• Keri
    March 31, 2020

I have replaced my old chocolate chip cookie recipe with this one! It’s fantastic! My toddlers love to help make them. Sometimes instead of chocolate chips, we use mini m&m’s, or mini reese’s pieces candies! Always a winner! My kids and husband approve! thank you so much for sharing it with us

March 31, 2020

That’s just awesome Keri! Sounds like you found a new favorite! Isn’t it the best when kids and husbands love the food we make? That’s so great!

• Keri Giesbrecht
        April 1, 2020

Makes me so happy when they’re excited about it 😍

April 2, 2020

That makes me happy too!

• Sandra
            April 15, 2020

I’m wondering if there’s any way to do this recipe as cookie bars in a 13×9 pan.

April 15, 2020

I haven’t tested that but I think it could work, Sandra. If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe.

• Andrea
    March 29, 2020

Can I half this recipe with the same half conversion?

I’m hopeful because I only have one stick of butter!

March 29, 2020

That should work, Andrea. Please let us know how that goes.

• Nicole
    March 28, 2020

Fantastic recipe! I made these with my 8 year old daughter and they came out perfect! Easy enough for her to do most of the work too

March 28, 2020

Awww that’s the best! Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I’m all smiles!

• HAJARA
    March 27, 2020

Hi, Natasha…..i made the cookies and everybody in my family loved it……. I hope to try out more of your recipes……Thank You so much:)

March 27, 2020

That’s just awesome! I’m so glad your family loves this recipe!

• Becky Pepper
    March 25, 2020

Just made those bad boys. So delicious. first time my cookies did not go flat. I used half chocolate chips and half butterscotch.
    thank you so much.

March 25, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so glad you enjoyed that.

• Tere
    March 22, 2020

Made it yesterday and it was perfectly soft and moist. I’m using a convection oven so I have to bake it at a lower temp and around 10-12mins. I now have a go-to choco chip cookie recipe. Thank you.

March 22, 2020

That is so nice to know! Thanks for sharing that with us and I hope you love every recipe that you try.

• Tere
        April 9, 2020

I’ve now tried one more, the chocolate cake. It was perfect. Looking forward to trying more!

April 9, 2020

So great to hear that you loved the Chocolate Cake too, Tere! I hope that you love every recipe that you try

• Natalia cld
    March 22, 2020

It’s the best recipe ever!!!!

• Iman
    March 19, 2020

Hi I did this recipe last week it came out good but it the cookies didn’t stay Soft like the ones you have in the picture is it because of the butter or I over cooked it. Thank you

March 19, 2020

Hi Iman, baking longer does harden the cookie so if you prefer a firm cookie, you can bake an extra 1-3 minutes. Was anything altered in the recipe so that I can better troubleshoot?

• Mich
        March 21, 2020

Hi Natasha! Are you using convection oven? Any tips for using convection oven?

March 22, 2020

Hi Mich, I haven’t tested this on convection mode. I typically use my conventional oven mode. Typically when converting to convection, you would check on the recipe at three-fourths of the time that it is supposed to be done or reduce the temperature down 25 degrees and bake as directed.

• Ashley
          March 24, 2020

I don’t know what I keep doing wrong but nothing is right about these cookies.

March 24, 2020

I’m so sorry to hear that Ashley. What are you experiencing? We are more than happy to troubleshoot.

• Ashley
            March 24, 2020

Dry, didn’t flatten, just not good. I’m having bad luck with cookies today. Its most likely not the recipe.

March 24, 2020

Sorry to hear that, Ashley. Can you be more specific and tell me if there was anything changed with the ingredients or recipe?

• Jim
    March 15, 2020

The taste was delicious, but they came out kind of dry. What did I do wrong?

March 15, 2020

Hi Jim, the most likely culprit is too much flour. When measuring flour, be sure to use dry ingredient measuring cups (that can be leveled at the top) and spoon the flour into the measuring cup and scrape off the top. If you scoop the measuring cup into the flour bin, you can get up to 25% too much flour which would affect how the cookies spread. Here’s our post on measuring that will help with that.

• Naomi
    March 14, 2020

Girl I love your recipes you have no idea how much i apreciate you for that…. made this today and it was delicious!

March 14, 2020

Hello Naomi. So great to read your comments and good feedback. I’m glad you loved this recipe!

• Manisha
    March 7, 2020

We love your recipes. My son and I made these cookies. We find them too sweet. How do we reduce sugar? They came out just as per the recipe. My son loves home baked cookies and I am worried about nutrition on them. ALThough they are the best we ever baked.

March 7, 2020

Hi Manisha, you should be able to lessen the amount a bit. Some of our readers opted in for brown sugar as well to help with color. I don’t have the exact measurements, however.

• Sarita
        March 15, 2020

Hey Natasha,

Trying a cookie for the very first time. The sugar just doesn’t dissolve while, is that alright?

March 16, 2020

Hi Sarita, what kind of sugar did you use? Did you use regular granulated sugar?

• Karen Dodds
    February 29, 2020

The cookies tasted great but the visual wasn’t the usual chocolate chip cookie. Mine were white and puffy. Too much baking powder made them cake like. If I were to use this recipe in the future I reduce the baking powder and add baking powder.

March 2, 2020

Hi Karen, if you prefer a darker colored cookie, you could use a dark brown sugar instead. Also, keep in mind if you are going to substitute that baking soda is 4x stronger than baking powder. Lastly, make sure to measure the ingredients using a leveled measuring spoon. More information on how we measure here.

• precilla
    February 17, 2020

hello Ms. Natasha how many cup of cocoa will i add if i want to bake chocolate cookies? and if i use 1tbsp size how many minutes will i bake it?i hope you notice this comment.i really need your answer.thank you

February 17, 2020

Hi Precilla, I haven’t tested it that way but if you choose to experiment & add cocoa, be sure to remove the same amount of flour so they don’t get too dense. Chocolate cookies sound great. Let me know how it goes.

• Almendra
        April 1, 2020

It’s the second time I make this recipe and I absolutely love it! Always turn out amazing ♡ This recipe makes about 43 medium cookies

April 1, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Cendrella
    February 12, 2020

Best recipe ever i made it twice in 2 days, everybody loves the moist texture.thank you Natasha for your easy and delicious recipes.

February 12, 2020

Such a great feedback! Thank you so much for your review.

• Violet Surley
    February 11, 2020

Hi Natasha, is there any chance to get the temperature for the oven temperature in Celsius as well as that is what we use in Australia. Thank you very much.

February 11, 2020

Hi Violet, I recommend using a converter for that. We are currently working on adding metric measurements to all of our recipes but it is taking some time as we have to add them one at a time. Thank you so much for being patient! In the meantime, check out our post on measuring which should help or scroll down to the printable recipe and click “metric” I hope that helps.

• Tess
      March 13, 2020

Violet , I believe 350 Fahrenheit it is 176 Celsius .

• Vidhi Aggarwal
    February 9, 2020

Love all ur recipes. Could u pls guide me with eggless version of these cookies. It wil b of gr8 help. My kids love the taste of them.

February 9, 2020

Thank you Vidhi. I haven’t really tried making this recipe with eggs yet but if you decide to do an experiment, let us know how it goes.

• Hanna Myers
        February 23, 2020

I just tried and eggless version. I substituted the eggs with applesauce and the cookies look the same coming out of the oven as they did going in…don’t think I recommend that way. They taste ok. They look messy and like dough.

February 24, 2020

Thanks for sharing that with us Hanna. I haven’t tried making this recipe eggless but yeah it could really mess up the recipe.

• Alexandra
    February 8, 2020

Hi! I love the taste of this cookies, I just have a problem…they don’t go flat enough. I measured the flour as you said, but they still remain puffy. Can you tell me the amount of flour in grams? Thank you for your recipes!

February 8, 2020

Hi Alexandra, if you click “Metric” in the recipe card, you will see the measurements displayed in grams.

• Alexandra
        February 9, 2020

Thank you so much! I missed that😁!

• Tara
    February 8, 2020

I love all the recipes so far but you don’t put how many servings in ur nutrition part like how many cookies per serving would help can u fix this is the recipes plz

February 8, 2020

Hi Tara, Hi, we are slowly working through all of our recipes to add nutrition info but it is a time-consuming process as they have to be added one at a time. Thank you for being patient!

• D
    February 7, 2020

These cookies are good. A bit too sweet though. We even put half the chocolate chips and it was still too sweet. If we make them again, we’ll cut the sugar down as well.

One little caveat I have here is that you changed the recipe but left the original comments. Most of the older comments (and ratings) are from years ago and for the old recipe. I don’t think that’s fair. The recipes are significantly different. I’m glad I saved the original b/c these just don’t turn out for me for some reason. I love most of your recipes though!

February 7, 2020

Hi D, when we updated, we addressed the concerns of previous readers and worked to solve issues that existed. We also made them so they don’t require the make-ahead refrigerated step.

• Dylan
    February 3, 2020

Hi I’m wondering could you substitute self rising flour for the all purpose flour and baking powder since it has both in it?

February 3, 2020

Hi Dylan, Possibly but I haven’t tested it myself. Since baking is so much a science, I can’t really recommend something I haven’t tried. Sorry I can’t be more help.

• Derek
    February 3, 2020

I made soft chocolate chip cookies and what a great success they were
    The recipe is so easy to follow.

February 3, 2020

That’s so awesome, Derek! Thank you for that wonderful review!

• Claire Nurse
    January 28, 2020

Just made these cookies, they were gorgeous, so tempted to go and eat another! Being a bit critical they were a bit flat, hoping a new tub of baking powder will sort that out.

January 28, 2020

Hi Claire! These are gorgeous cookies, aren’t they! I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks so lol. Thank you for stopping by with that great review!

• Amanda Miller
    January 27, 2020

Hands down the BEST recipe I’ve ever made. Soft interior slight crunch to the exterior. Super delicious, super easy.

January 27, 2020

That’s just awesome!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Amanda!

• Charlotte
    January 26, 2020

I have made these twice now…they turn out perfect both times. I freeze them and use them a couple at a time…or more if the grandbabies come by..they freeze well.

January 27, 2020

That’s so great, Charlotte! Thank you for that wonderful review!

• Rachel
    January 22, 2020

I baked these cookies and they came out tasty and my family really enjoyed them. I’m sure I will be making them again. I have questions about all the comments on baking soda vs baking powder. I have done some research because of this and also because EVERY other recipe calls for baking soda and they seem to be fine. You have said that there is nothing in the dough to activate the baking soda but brown sugar, molasses and also heat can activate baking soda if another acid is not present (like lemon juice, buttermilk, etc). I’m sure it comes down to preference which leavening agent to use, and I do appreciate how the cookie was soft and fluffy, but I guess I don’t understand why baking soda couldn’t be used. Also, I understand that soda spreads whereas powder will rise, so for a fluffy cookie powder might be better. Thank you! I have tried several of your recipes and absolutely love them.

January 22, 2020

Hi Rachel, thank you so much for stopping by and sharing that with us. I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed our recipes.

• Kulsoom Shaik
    January 22, 2020

Thank you so much for your amazing, easy and tasty recipes.

I dont miss a video on Facebook and I’ve learned so much already.

All the way from South Africa

January 22, 2020

Aww! that’s that best! I’m smiling big reading this comment. Thank you!

• Kulsoom Shaik
    January 22, 2020

Thank you so much for your amazing, easy and tasty receipes.

I dont miss a video on Facebook and I’ve learned so much already.

All the way from South Africa

January 22, 2020

Hello from Idaho! Thank you so much for stopping by! I’m so glad to hear you’re liking our recipes.

• Amy
    January 19, 2020

These are by far, the BEST chocolate chips cookies we’ve ever had! Made these tonight with my oldest to bring to school, and was quite impressed how simple and delicious (yes, we taste tested) these cookies are! I will most definitely be making these again.

January 20, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Alice
    January 18, 2020

Ok I will and thank-you

• Alice Morrisseau
    January 18, 2020

Hi Natashas, wanted to make your Chocolate Chip Cookies but it called for unsalted butter if I don’t have can I still use salted butter in stead thank-you

January 18, 2020

Hi Alice, that should work fine. You might add a little less salt if using salted butter.

• Karen McBride
    January 17, 2020

I made these cookies to the letter except I added candied bacon to half and they were the BEST chocolate chip cookies I ever made! Your recipe was so informative and gave me tips I never knew about. Thank you sooo much. Cookies disappeared before I could take pics. Next time

January 18, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Lora Gardiner
    January 17, 2020

I don’t know what I did wrong but these were so bland! I used 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup of brown sugar. Other recipes I’ve found says 1 cup of each. Was that a typo? They tasted like just plain dough with chocolate chips in them. Help!

January 17, 2020

Hi Lora, these are normally pretty sweet with the added chocolate chips. Did you possibly cut down on chocolate?

• Amy D.
      March 1, 2020

Lora YES!!!! Same here bland and lacked color. Should have known better when I tasted the dough. Tried to fix it after the first batch no go.

• karolina
    January 15, 2020

The cookies came out great. But they are way too sweet!!!!! I will use half the sugar next time.

January 15, 2020

Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Ella L
    January 15, 2020

Hi Natasha. I made these cookies this morning. Although I always spoon and level, I was inclined to weigh the flour and baking powder. I also ran the dry ingredients through the KitchenAid Sifter attachment that also weighs. They came out fantastic! I baked them for a tad bit longer than 15 minutes as they didn’t spread too much. Simply delicious!!!! Thank you

January 15, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Mary Zapata
    January 15, 2020

My daughter wants to make a cookie cake. Do you think this would work as 1 big cookie?

January 15, 2020

Hi Mary, I have not tested that as one big cookie. It sounds like a cookie cake! If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe

• Lyuda
    January 13, 2020

Hi Natasha! So i made these cookies but they did not turn out anything like yours. They were not super soft, they did not even flatten. The chocolate chips did not melt, they only got warm. I followed every step, where is my mistake??

January 13, 2020

Hi Lyuda, I’d be happy to troubleshoot. With the chocolate chips not melting I’m curious if your oven is not calibrated? Was anything altered in the recipe?

• Charlotte
    January 12, 2020

I made this today and they are ooey gooey delicious…thank you for the recipe and the video..and for the tip on measuring flour..I didn’t know that and I know it will help me…You do a great job and I enjoy your site!

January 13, 2020

I’m so glad that was helpful, Charlotte!

• Lyuda
    January 11, 2020

Hi Natasha! So mine don’t look anything like yours. They did not flatten at all. They were not moist and soft, and they were very light/pale. Yours look very delicious. I wonder what I did wrong… I followed the recipe … please help, I haven’t found yet cookies that would be awesome. Oh, the chocolate did not even melt, it was just soft…very weird..

January 11, 2020

Hi Lyuda, Sorry to hear that. Did you make sure to measure the flour correctly by spooning flour into the measuring cup and then leveling off the top? If you push the measuring cup into the flour bin, you can get up to 25% too much flour being compacted. Too much flour would cause that issue.

• LaShea
    January 1, 2020

My cookies tasted great. Huge hit with family and friends. However my copies don’t look brown enough. Do you know why? I used light brown sugar.. should I use dark brown sugar?

January 2, 2020

Hi LaShea, to achieve a truly soft chocolate chip cookie (without over-baking), the color will be lighter. If you are looking for a darker cookie, you might try a dark brown sugar for richer color.

• Inna
      January 16, 2020

I don’t know what I did wrong, I measured everything to a T and my cookies did not flatten what so ever, like not even a little bit… I went over reviews and see that a lot of others had the same issue.. maybe it’s the type of flour we’re using? I just have all purpose from target… so sad I could cry

• Amy D.
        March 1, 2020

Inna its not just you. I have the same issue. Found another recipe.

• Lisset
    December 30, 2019

Great recipe!! Thanks for sharing wanted to add a pic but didn’t know how

December 31, 2019

I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe. If you post your photo on Instagram or Facebook tag natashaskitchen.com or #natashaskitchen and I will be able to see it.

• Lydia
    December 25, 2019

I made these cookie for Christmas and and they came out soooooo delicious. They are so moist and soft. I did make some minor changes in the recipe… I added one cup of brown sugar only to reduce the sweetness. I added one cup of semi-sweetened chocolate chips and one cup of chopped pecans. My family and I couldn’t stop eating these cookies! Thank you so much for the recipe. Merry Christmas!

December 26, 2019

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Lydia!

• Celine
    December 25, 2019

Bake some yesterday with my little helpers for Santa 🙂 I put less sugar in the recipe but taste soooo good !

December 25, 2019

Awww that is so sweet!! Thanks for sharing that with me. These do make for great Santa cookies! Have a Merry Christmas!

• Lydia
    December 24, 2019

can’t wait to try this recipe for holiday! can I use almond flour instead of all purpose flour? also, is it ok to just use brown sugar without white sugar? thank you.

December 24, 2019

Hi Lydia, I haven’t tested that to advise but here is what one of our readers wrote “I used almond flour instead of multipurpose flour and all white sugar because my brown sugar was too old to use. They are soooooo yummy!!! Natasha’s recipes are soooo good! I love the video instructions too!!!” I hope that helps.

• Donna Laundry
    December 22, 2019

Natasha, I made your recipe for easy chocolate chip cookies and they did not look like yours at all and didn’t like the taste either.
    I have checked out other CCC recipe’s and I noticed that it calls for baking soda and yours calls for Baking powder. Would that be the problem?

December 23, 2019

Hi Donna, the Baking powder is correct. I haven’t tested this recipe with baking soda and it most likely won’t work because there is nothing to activate baking soda. Hope this helps. Did you by chance make it with soda? Also, our post on measuring should help with making sure the dry ingredients were measured properly. I hope this helps.

• John Isaacson
        January 15, 2020

There are about 400 recipes for chocolate chip cookies out there all using baking soda. Still, yours look great so I think I’ll try your version.

January 15, 2020

Hi John, well, I’m glad I stand out from the crowd! I hope you love this recipe for chocolate chip cookies.

• Ranee
    December 22, 2019

I made these cookies last night and they came out great! I followed the instructions and they came out soft, chewy and delicious. This is one of this best choc chip recipes I’ve stumbled upon! Thank you so much for sharing

December 23, 2019

Aww that’s just awesome! Thank you for that amazing review, Ranee!

• Jeffrey L Fanus
    December 21, 2019

Hi going to try your recipe to see how it compares to my favorite one. My favorite recipe for Soft chocolate chip cookies came from the 1970’s Instant vanilla Jello pudding box. You can Google it if you want to try it. Hard to beat, but I will try your recipe of my favorite cookie.

December 21, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing that with us, Jeffrey! I hope you enjoy this recipe!

• Angani Maharaj
        April 29, 2020

Hello Natasha. I m making these right now and was wondering if I can fridge half of the batter mix?

April 30, 2020

Hi, that will be fine. They will need a slightly longer baking time after refrigeration.

• Diane Paull
    December 20, 2019

can I include toasted walnuts to this recipe, how much would suggest?

December 20, 2019

Hi Diane, maybe 1/2 cup of toasted chopped walnuts and I would probably take out some chocolate chips if adding walnuts.

• Vasavi
    December 20, 2019

Hi
    What is ur one cup measurement??
    For ex it’s 3cups so what’s the exact measurements in grams ??

December 20, 2019

Hi, if you click “Metric” in the recipe card, you will see the measurements displayed in grams.

• Maureen
    December 20, 2019

Our family love chocolate chip cookies. Noticed that you called for baking powder. I have never used that before. Always have used baking soda. Is there a difference?

December 20, 2019

Hi Maureen, Baking powder is correct. I haven’t tested this recipe with baking soda and it most likely won’t work because there is nothing to activate baking soda. Hope this helps.

• Honey
        March 9, 2020

Hi Natasha, if I want to reduce the sugar what would you suggest in terms of quantities? Please revert back ASAP

March 9, 2020

You should be able to lessen the amount a bit. Some of our readers opted in for brown sugar as well to help with color. I don’t have the exact measurements, however.

• Rickie
    December 18, 2019

I just made these and they were great, but I was looking at your 2019 recipe vs 2015 one (the one I used) and there is a difference in the brown sugar and flour amounts. Also, the 2015 recipe states to chill the dough balls for an hour before baking. So, no chilling necessary anymore?

December 18, 2019

Hi Rickie, this is our new and improved recipe or as we like to call it an “upgraded” version.

• Joan Yeager
    December 17, 2019

Hi Natasha, would it be OK to add nuts to this recipe?

Planning on making these today – they look so yummy! Love your recipes.

Do you have one for Oatmeal Raisin cookies!

December 17, 2019

Hi Joan, that should work! One of our readers left an amazing review using walnuts. I do not at this time.

• Carmen
    December 17, 2019

How much in grams one cup of butter pls ?

December 17, 2019

Hi Carmen, we have the metric conversion option on the recipe with you click “Jump to Recipe” at the top of the recipe post. If I’m doing my math correctly it should be about 226.8 grams. I hope that helps you convert.

• Riza M. Aldos
    December 17, 2019

I got a chance to try this recipe..

December 17, 2019

That’s so great! I hope you enjoyed that!

• Samia
    December 14, 2019

Natasha! I’m typing as I’m eating this cookie from your receipt. WOW WOW and WOW.
    You are the best!
    Best cookie EVER….!

• samia
      December 14, 2019

c’est parfait.

December 14, 2019

I’m so happy to hear that, Samia!

• Mina
    December 14, 2019

Hi I made this cookies it was great but could I use less sugar than recipe?because it was a bit sweet for my family

December 14, 2019

Hi Mina, the sugar does help with the consistency and I have found that using less sugar can result in a more cake-like cookie. You could reduce it slightly or use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. You could also use slightly less chocolate chips.

• Marion
    December 12, 2019

I have made these cookies and they are great!
    I would like to make the dough ahead of time and refrigerate it before baking. Does the dough have to be brought to room temperature prior to baking?

December 12, 2019

Hi Marion, I have baked straight from the refrigerator and it worked well. You may need to bake a minute or two longer.

• Olena
    December 8, 2019

My cookies did not flatten. I measured correct. Used organic everything. Too bad 🙁 I was excited

December 9, 2019

Hi Olena, when you watched the video, did your dough look the same? Did you possibly make any substitutions in the recipe?

• Kim
    December 6, 2019

These cookies are perfect! I made them smaller than what the recipe calls for and they turned out great! Perfect combo of crunchy and soft. Will make these from now on.

December 6, 2019

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Kim!

• Sherie
    December 6, 2019

Hi, Natasha. I’ve tried your recipe, it works good. But I have a question, what brand of all purpose flour did you use? What is protein of the flour? Thanks!

December 7, 2019

Hi Sherie, we are using organic all-purpose flour. Any American All-Purpose flour should work fine. I’ve tested it with Bob’s Red Mill also.

• Sherie
        December 8, 2019

Thanks Natasha! So happy got your reply. I don’t have red mill here but I use similar one, works great as well. Love your recipe

December 9, 2019