Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Recipe
This one-pan Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken is quick, easy, and tossed in an incredibly creamy and delicious sun-dried tomato sauce. Serve it with your favorite vegetables, grains, or pasta.
Hey, friends! Tania from Cooktoria here, sharing one of my all-time favorite dinner recipes – Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken. This dish made it to my favorites because it’s tasty, simple, and comes together in about 30 minutes. Are you excited to try it? Let’s discuss the two main ingredients.
White Meat vs. Dark Meat Chicken:
Skin-on chicken thighs or drumsticks would yield the best results in this sun-dried tomato chicken recipe. Dark chicken meat is the most succulent and tender, and the skin helps it retain moisture while frying. Of course, you can use chicken breasts if that is what you prefer or have on hand.
What Kind of Sun Dried Tomatoes?
There are two kinds of sun-dried tomatoes sold in most grocery stores:
- ‘Dry’ or plain sun-dried tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil
The good news is that you can use either of them in this recipe. If you buy sun dried tomatoes in oil, just drain the oil out and reserve it for future recipes. It’s very flavorful, and you can use it in many different dishes. You can even substitute the olive oil with the reserved oil from the sun-dried tomatoes.
How to Make Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken:
As mentioned above, it is quite easy to make this dish. You’ll need to:
- Blend the sun-dried tomatoes. Process the sun-dried tomatoes with water in a blender or smoothie cup for about a minute.
- Sear the Chicken. Sear the chicken in oil on both sides. You don’t need to fully cook the chicken, since it’ll finish cooking in the sauce.
- Make the sauce. In the same pan, make the sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer the chicken. Return the chicken back to the pan and simmer it in the sauce until cooked through.
What to Serve with Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
This dish goes really well with pasta. Arrange the chicken meat on serving plates and add cooked pasta (your favorite kind) to the pan with the sauce. Mix it all together and add the pasta to the serving plates.
I also love serving it with steamed veggies, such as green beans, broccoli, zucchini, and asparagus.
Another option is grains. Quinoa, rice, couscous, and bulgur will pair well.
Try These Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Stuffed Chicken Parmesan – so easy and impressive
- Creamy Chicken Thighs – with an irresistible sauce
- Cabbage and Chicken – a classic family favorite
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili – one look and you’ll just know!
Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Recipe
- 3 oz. sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs (skin-on, boneless)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup half & half or heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley to garnish
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
Place the sun-dried tomatoes and water in a blender or smoothie cup and process for 60-90 seconds, until it resembles tomato sauce.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the skillet, skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes, until deep golden brown and crispy.
Flip the chicken and fry for an additional 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and remove the chicken from the skillet.
To the same skillet, add the sun-dried tomato mixture. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add the cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir.
Reduce the heat to low, so the sauce is simmering gently. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook it for an additional 10-15 minutes, until cooked through. Add a little water to the sauce, if needed. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen