Shrimp Cobb Salad (VIDEO)
This Shrimp Cobb Salad is LOADED with juicy cajun shrimp and all the best flavors of summer. Everyone who tries it loves it. This chopped salad with shrimp always disappears fast, so if you’re running for a refill, run fast!
Why a Cobb Salad with Shrimp?
Cobb salads can use a variety of protein options to make them a hearty meal, however, this Cobb Salad with Shrimp is one of the easiest options. The cajun shrimp only takes 4 minutes to cook. Yes, 4 minutes! I highly recommend the cajun spices on the shrimp for an extra party in your mouth – making this a truly unforgettable salad.
Shrimp Cobb Salad Video Tutorial:
I could happily live off this shrimp salad! Watch the quick video and you’ll be headed to the store for ingredients…
Ingredients for Shrimp Cobb Salad:
Shrimp Cobb Salad is a chopped salad that starts with a base of washed and chopped romaine lettuce. To wash lettuce be sure to use a salad spinner, so your final salad isn’t too wet, then layer with:
- Juicy Cajun Shrimp– saute the shrimp in butter with cajun spice and garlic.
- Avocado – lots of avocados!
- Tomatoes – slice Roma tomatoes into bite-sized pieces or use quartered cherry tomatoes.
- Red Onions – thinly sliced red onions provide a mild onion flavor and add more color to this gorgeous salad
- Freshly Cooked Corn – use Boiled Corn on the Cob or our favorite Instant Pot Corn for an amazing pop of sweet flavor. When corn is out of season, you can cook some frozen corn that was sealed at the peak of freshness.
The Best Dressing for Shrimp Chopped Salad:
The cilantro lime dressing is so simple but adds an incredibly fresh flavor. The ingredients are so simple with cilantro, fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. The combination of flavors really makes each bite of salad taste like a summer party!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
How to Serve Cobb Salad:
For parties and entertaining, our preference for making this shrimp salad is to layer the ingredients on a salad platter or in a bowl for the classic Cobb Salad presentation. Just before serving, you can drizzle on the cilantro dressing.
When serving family-style, it is easier to toss the ingredients together with the dressing.
More Impressive Salad Platters:
- Italian Pasta Salad – a meal in itself and so satisfying
- Caprese Salad – traditional Caprese with a to-die-for Balsamic glaze
- Greek Salad – Mediterranean inspired flavors
- Autumn Chopped Chicken Salad – all the flavors of fall
- BLT Salad – a deconstructed BLT
Shrimp Cobb Salad Recipe
A Shrimp Cobb Salad recipe that is loaded with juicy cajun shrimp and topped with fresh cilantro dressing, bringing the flavors of summer to each bite.
Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp:
- 1 lb medium shrimp, 31-40 Count, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp cajun spice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or grated
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 medium romaine lettuce, 5-6 cups chopped
- 1/2 lb 3 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, or 3 small, sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels, from 2 freshly cooked cobs
Ingredients for Cilantro-Lemon Dressing:
- Juice of 1 large lemon, 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 small bunch of cilantro, 1/2 cup finely chopped or parsley
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt or 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
How to make Avocado Shrimp Salad:
Pat dry shrimp with paper towels and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 tsp cajun spice, 2 pressed garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter and once its melted and hot, add shrimp in a single layer. Sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Chop, rinse and spin dry 1 medium head of romaine lettuce. You should end up with about 6 cups lettuce. Transfer that to a large mixing bowl. Now add 3 sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, sliced cucumbers, 2 sliced avocados and 1 cup cooked corn.
To make the dressing, start with 3 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice, now finely chop about 1/2 cup of cilantro and stir that in. Add 3 Tbsp of olive oil and extra virgin has the best flavor. Season with 1 tsp salt and a generous pinch of black pepper and stir that together.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen