Blackberry Limeade Recipe
Homemade limeade is so refreshing and this is a great base for a variety of flavors, but we love it with fresh blackberry syrup. If you love Classic Lemonade, this Blackberry Limeade is sure to become a new favorite drink for summer!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Why we Love this Blackberry Limeade!
If you have tried our Brazillian Limeade, you know freshly squeezed lime juice makes for some very exciting (virgin) summer drinks that the whole family will love. My kids adore this blackberry limeade.
The best part is, you can make this up to 2 weeks ahead for an event or have the mix ready in your fridge to simply add ice and sip when the craving strikes.
How To Pick the Best Limes:
With the obsessive amounts of guacamole and ceviche that we consume, we have learned that there is a big difference in limes and how much juice you can squeeze out of them. Follow these simple tips for picking juicy limes.
- Smooth skin – We have found that large limes with a smooth (non-bumpy) skin give the most juice.
- Bright green – green limes are fresher than yellower ones. Limes turn more yellow as they sit.
- Smell the lime – a ripe lime will have a stronger lime aroma.
- Heavy limes indicate juicier limes. They should feel heavy for their size.
How to Make Blackberry Limeade:
This 3-step process is so easy for the best natural-flavor-infused limeade.
- Make the Syrup – Boil 6 oz blackberries, 1/2 cup water, and 1 1/2 cups sugar for 2 minutes, mashing lightly then strain to get about 1 3/4 cups syrup.
- Squeeze Limes – use a citrus squeezer to get 2 cups lime juice then strain through a sieve to catch any seeds or pulp.
- Combine syrup and lime juice and refrigerate until ready to serve over ice.
Pour the limeade over a tall glass filled with ice and garnish with extra lime slices. This blackberry limeade is a thirst quencher and tastes like a fancy drink out of a restaurant, but it’s so easy to make at home for a fraction of the cost.
Can I Make this a Sparkling Limeade?
Yes! To make this a fizzy drink, omit the 4 cups of cold water in the recipe. Fill a glass with ice, fill 2/3 full with club soda then add the blackberry syrup to taste and stir lightly to combine.
More Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes:
We specialize in family-friendly drinks and these are our best-loved drink recipes and perfect for any occasion.
- Strawberry Lemonade – restaurant-style with real strawberry syrup
- Iced Coffee – the “creamer” will surprise and delight you
- Cranberry Pineapple Punch – a sparkling drink that’s great year-round
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade – super fizzy and thirst-quenching
- Flavored Water – a.k.a. Detox Water
Blackberry Limeade Recipe
Homemade limeade is so refreshing and this is a great base for a variety of flavors. Blackberry Limeade is sure to become a new favorite drink for summer! This recipe makes about 8 cups of limeade. Served over a glass of ice, this makes 12 portions.
- 6 oz blackberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh lime juice 8 to 10 large limes
- 4 cups cold water or added to taste
- 1 lime thinly sliced and blackberries to garnish for serving
Make Blackberry Syrup:
Combine blackberry syrup ingredients in a saucepan and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cook 10 minutes. Strain through a sieve and discard seeds and pulp. You should have about 1 3/4 cups blackberry syrup. Refrigerate to cool.
Make Blackberry Limeade:
In a pitcher combine: blackberry syrup, fresh lime juice and add 4 cups cold water, or add water to taste. Serve over ice garnished with lime slices if desired.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen