Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is loaded with creamy, spicy, cheesy goodness. Great with chips or veggie sticks & so easy, just mix and bake!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is cheesy, creamy, spicy and incredible. It’s perfect for any party and of course as a game-day appetizer. All you have to do is mix and bake – totaly fail-proof! 🙂
There’s no doubt that this will be the first dish to disappear from the snack table at any party or gathering it makes an appearance at. Delightfully creamy and cheesy with the perfect amount of kick, its no wonder why everyone flocks right to the buffalo chicken dip.
With minimal effort and time spent in the kitchen, you can still be the MVP of the party when you show up with everyone’s favorite, easy-to-make dish.
How to freeze buffalo chicken dip?
To freeze, you’ll place any leftover dip to a bowl with a sealable lid. Secure lid and store in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to serve the frozen dip, simply remove it from the freezer, and let it thaw on the counter for a few hours.
To reheat, you can microwave, or place it into an oven-safe baking dish, and reheat in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip:
When you see this basic list of ingredients, how could you pass up this recipe? I love just keeping all of the necessary ingredients on hand at all times, so I always have a quick app I can whip up if need be.
Just one inexpensive trip to the grocery store and you’ll be ready to get going on this buffalo chicken dip recipe.
- Cream cheese, softened
- Ranch salad dressing
- Frank’s Red Hot original hot sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chunk chicken breast in water, drained
- Celery sticks, carrot sticks, or chips to serve
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Buffalo chicken dip is the perfect recipe to make when you are just starting to dip your toes into the world of cooking and entertaining. It’s a dish that almost completely fool-proof, only requiring a few ingredients and a couple easy to follow steps.
All you need is 25 minutes of spare time to have this classic buffalo chicken dip prepped and ready to devour.
1. In a medium bowl, cream together softened cream cheese, ranch, and hot sauce. It’s totally ok if it’s still a little lumpy.
2. Stir in shredded mozzarella and drained chicken and stir until well combined and chicken is shredded.
3. Transfer to a 1-quart casserole or pie dish and bake according to the directions in the recipe card. Serve warm with veggies or chips. I loved this best with carrots and celery – the fresh veggies and the contrasting savory spicy dip was irresistible!
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Soften the cream cheese: If you forget to soften your cream cheese, no worries, just zap it in the microwave until it’s softened. It really won’t matter in this recipe since the end product is baked and melted.
Use canned or fresh chicken. In this recipe, I use canned chicken because it makes the whole process even easier which is perfect for when you’re trying to make several recipes at once for a party.
With that being said, if you have an aversion to canned chicken, you can also bake your own chicken in the oven before placing it into the mixture. One can of chicken equates to about 2 small chicken breasts. If you happen to have a Costco membership I highly recommend their pre-cooked Hand-Pulled Rotisserie Chicken Meat. It’s a great way to skip the canned and still not have to cook your own chicken.
Is Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip Spicy?
This chicken dip is mildly spicy. Adjusting the spice level of the buffalo dip is simple. Just increase or decrease the amount of hot sauce you pour into the mixture. If you like it extra spicy, try 3/4 of a cup of hot sauce. If subtle spice is your preference. Try just 1/3 of a cup of hot sauce.
No matter how spicy or not spicy you make this easy buffalo chicken dip, it will still be amazing!
More Top Rated Appetizer Recipes
No party is complete without a good spread of appetizers to snack on. Be sure to save each recipe so you’ll never run out of ideas from what to make when hosting your next party!
No matter what kind of party snackers you have on your guest list, there’s a dish that everyone!
- Fresh Peach Salsa – Perfect as an appetizer or topping
- Oven Baked Potato Wedges – Better than restaurant quality
- Skinny Spinach and Artichoke Dip – A guilt-free version of your favorite dip!
- Taco Salad Dip – A 7 layer dip that holds its own
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is cheesy, creamy, spicy and incredible. It's perfect for any party and of course when you're looking for game-day appetizers.
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup "Frank's Red Hot" hot sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- 12.5 oz can of chunk chicken breast in water drained
- Celery sticks carrot sticks, or chips to serve
Preheat Oven to 350˚ F.
In a medium bowl, cream together 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup ranch, 1/2 cup hot sauce.
Stir in 1/2 cup shredded mozarella and drained chicken and stir until well combined.
Transfer to a 1 quart casserole or pie dish and bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes. Serve warm with veggies or chips.
Are you a football fan? Are you planning to watch the game this Sunday?