Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is loaded with creamy, spicy, cheesy goodness. This chicken dip is perfect for parties served with chips or veggie sticks. It’s also really easy – just mix and bake. We love that it reheats really well so it’s a perfect make-ahead appetizer.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
What is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
This Buffalo Chicken Dip has the same flavor profile of buffalo chicken wings with that signature Franks RedHot original hot sauce. Similar to our Hot Shrimp Dip, or our popular Spinach Artichoke Dip, this dip is cheesy, creamy, spicy and incredible. It’s perfect for any party and of course as a game-day appetizer. All you have to do is mix the ingredients and bake (or use the crockpot method below).
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip:
You might already have all of the ingredients you need for this recipe since it uses pantry and refrigerator staples.
- Cream cheese, softened
- Ranch salad dressing or blue cheese dressing (we prefer refrigerated dressings)
- Frank’s Red Hot Original hot sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Canned chicken breast (or try IP Rotisserie Chicken)
- Celery sticks, carrot sticks, or chips to serve
Can I Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead?
Since buffalo chicken reheats well, you can make it in advance and refrigerate up to 5 days or freeze.
- To Freeze: Place in a freezer-safe container, remove any excess air and freeze up to three months. When ready to serve the frozen dip, simply remove it from the freezer, and let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- To Reheat: you can microwave until hot, stirring every 30 seconds, or place it into an oven-safe baking dish, and reheat in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Buffalo chicken dip is a dish that almost completely fail-proof, only requiring a few ingredients and simple instructions.
1. In a medium bowl, cream together softened cream cheese, ranch, and hot sauce. It’s totally ok if it’s still a little lumpy.
2. Stir in shredded mozzarella and drained chicken and stir until well combined and chicken is shredded.
3. Transfer to a 1-quart casserole or pie dish and bake according to the directions in the recipe card. Serve warm with veggies or chips. I loved this served hot with carrots and celery – the fresh veggies and the contrasting savory spicy dip was irresistible!
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Soften the cream cheese: If you forget to soften your cream cheese, heat uncovered in the microwave in 15-second increments until it’s softened. It really won’t matter in this recipe since the end product is baked and melted.
Use canned or fresh chicken. In this recipe, I use canned chicken because it makes the whole process even easier since I always have canned chicken in my pantry. If you prefer to use cooked Rotisserie Chicken, you can substitute 1 can of chicken with 1 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breast.
Can I Make This in a Slow Cooker?
You can combine all of the ingredients, cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or on high heat 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally until the dip is hot and bubbling then keep on the warm setting until ready to serve.
Is Buffalo Chicken Dip Spicy?
This chicken dip is mildly spicy. Adjusting the spice level of the buffalo dip is simple – just increase or decrease the amount of hot sauce you added to the mixture. If you like more heat, you can try the Extra Hot variety.
No matter how spicy or not spicy you make this easy buffalo chicken dip, it will still be amazing!
Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip is delightfully creamy and cheesy with the perfect amount of kick, its no wonder why everyone flocks right to the buffalo chicken dip.
More Top-Rated Appetizer Recipes
No party is complete without a good spread of appetizers to snack on. Be sure to save each recipe so you’ll never run out of ideas from what to make when hosting your next party!
- Fresh Peach Salsa – All you need are chips
- Oven-Baked Potato Wedges – Crisp and tender
- Coconut Shrimp – with the best dip
- Pico De Gallo – see our authentic secret
- Taco Salad Dip – A 7 layer dip that holds its own
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is cheesy, creamy, spicy and incredible. It's perfect for any party and of course when you're looking for game-day appetizers.
Preheat Oven to 350˚ F. In a medium bowl, cream together 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup ranch, 1/2 cup hot sauce.
Stir in 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and drained chicken and stir until well combined.
Transfer to a 1-quart casserole or pie dish and bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes. Serve warm with veggies or chips.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen