Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe (VIDEO)
This easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is exactly what you imagine when you think of homemade chicken noodle soup – soothing, warming, comforting and rich in flavor. It is loaded with juicy chicken and tender noodles.
We love chicken soup and how easy it is to make! This one’s on the regular rotation in our house along with this creamy chicken noodle soup.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
We included Amazon affiliate links below to our favorite tools for making chicken soup.
My sister Anna was so nice to bring us this chicken noodle soup after the baby was born. It is super simple to make – no need to trim the chicken ahead of time since the fat comes off easily after it’s boiled. Thanks Anna for sharing this simple and delicious chicken soup recipe with us. P.S. Try Anna’s Gluten-Free Egg Noodles to make this gluten free!
Ingredients for Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Use Chicken Thighs: The secret to super tender chicken without crazy long cooking times is in using chicken thighs! You can use boneless or bone-in chicken.
- Use High Quality broth: Homemade Chicken broth will give you the richest flavor but you can use a store-bought low sodium chicken broth.
- Use oil, not butter: Butter solidifies in soup when refrigerated.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup:
Classic chicken noodle soup can take hours and hours to cook but this one takes about 30 minutes and is definitely not lacking in flavor. Using a high quality chicken broth and chicken thighs infuses the soup with wonderful flavor without the lengthy cooking time.
1. In a large soup pot, combine 10 cups water, 4 cups chicken broth and 1 Tbsp sea salt. Bring to a boil then add chicken thighs and boil uncovered or partially covered 20 min, skimming off any foam that rises to the top.
2. In a large skillet saute onion and celery in 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat until golden then add to the soup pot.
3. Add 1/2 lb pasta and sliced carrots to the pot and continue cooking for 15 min at a low boil or until pasta is at desired softness.
4. While pasta is cooking, remove chicken thighs from the pot and shred with forks, discarding any bones and fat. Return shredded chicken to the pot.
5. Season the soup in the last 2 minutes of cooking to retain flavor. Add 1 tsp Mrs. Dash, press in 1 garlic clove, add 3 Tbsp dill and season with salt to taste. Simmer another minute then turn off the heat.
Cooks Tip: Cook partially covered – if you cover completely, your soup may be murky.
Watch Natasha Make Chicken Noodle Soup:
The real secret to amping up the flavor happens in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Adding a pressed clove of garlic is what my Mother does for nearly all of her soups and I have adopted it in my own kitchen. It is a brilliant and easy way to make your chicken soup taste fantastic!
If you enjoy our videos, please subscribe to our Cooking Channel and click the bell icon to be the first to know when we post a new video.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is exactly what you imagine when you think of homemade chicken noodle soup - soothing, warming, comforting and rich in flavor. It is loaded with juicy chicken and tender noodles.
- 4 chicken thighs skins removed (bone-in or boneless), untrimmed
- 4 cups Chicken broth we used low sodium
- 10 cups water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil to saute vegetables
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 medium celery sticks finely chopped
- 2 carrots sliced into rings
- 1/2 lb rotini pasta
- 3 Tbsp fresh or frozen dill
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash or your favorite salt-free seasoning
- 1 Tbsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 garlic clove pressed
In a large soup pot, combine 10 cups water with 4 cups chicken broth and 1 Tbsp sea salt. Bring to a boil then add chicken thighs and boil partially covered 20 min while you prep the vegetables, skimming off any foam that rises to the top.
In a large skillet over medium/high heat, add 2 Tbsp olive oil and sauté onion and celery until softened then transfer to the pot.
Add 1/2 lb pasta and sliced carrots to the soup pot and continue cooking for 15 min at a low boil or until pasta is at desired softness.
While pasta is cooking, remove chicken thighs from the pot and use either forks or your hands to shred the chicken, discarding any bones and fat which should come off easily. Return shredded chicken to the pot.
Season soup with 1 tsp Mrs. Dash (or your favorite seasoning) and more salt to taste if needed. Press in 1 garlic clove. Finally add 3 Tbsp dill and remove from heat. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen