EASY Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
The BEST Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe. Sauteed vegetables smothered in a quick sweet and savory sauce. This one-pan veggie stir fry is delicious served as a main course or side with Fluffy White Rice.
A stir fry is a great option when you’re in the mood for Asian food but don’t want to order takeout.
Hey, hey. Valentina with Valentina’s Corner sharing our favorite recipe for Stir Fry Vegetables.
EASY Vegetable Stir Fry:
This is the recipe you want to have on hand for quick dinners, especially if you have vegetables you need to use. We used baby corn spears, mushrooms, red pepper and broccoli in this recipe, but you can use just about any vegetables.
Here are other vegetables that will work great in a vegetable stir fry: Onion (red or sweet), green beans, snow peas and asparagus.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Veggie Stir Fry?
A recipe doesn’t get much easier than this one. Don’t forget to get started on your side dish as this stir fry comes together so quickly.
- Prep vegetables – Be sure to cut the vegetables in uniform sizes so they cook evenly.
- Sautee veggies in a large ski or wok. Add the butter, garlic and ginger.
- Make stir fry sauce by whisking together all of the ingredients.
- Add the sauce to the vegetables. Simmer stir fry 3 – 4 minutes until sauce thickens, stir as needed.
What to Serve Stir Fry Vegetables With?
This recipe can easily be served as:
- A main dish with a side of white rice.
- A vegetable side dish paired with General Tso’s Chicken or even Teriyaki Salmon.
- Add protein such as chicken, shrimp or beef for a hearty meal. If adding protein, as we did with our Chicken Stir Fry, you’ll want to double the sauce.
Can I make the Stir Fry in Advance?
Yes! This can easily be made in advance. Prep the vegetables and keep them covered and refrigerated until ready to use. The sauce can be made and kept in a different container. Continue with the recipe when you are ready to serve the stir fry.
How to Reheat Stir Fry: The stir fry reheats well and can be made completely in advance, then just reheated over low heat.
This veggie stir fry is so easy and good. The sweet and savory homemade stir fry sauce with ginger and garlic adds so much flavor to the sauteed vegetables. We added some hot sauce for heat in the sauce but that can totally be left out.
Other Popular Asian dishes:
- Asian Chopped Salad – Crisp and Crunchy with the best dressing
- Chicken Chow Mein – a restaurant-quality dish with noodles
- Chicken Lo Mein– with vegetables
- Mongolian Beef – an easy, saucy, 30-minute dish
- Vegetable Lo Mein– with a quick sauce
The BEST Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
Vegetable Stir Fry:
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 cups medium broccoli florets
- 8 oz can baby corn spears, drained
- 8 oz mushrooms (white or brown), sliced or quartered
- 1 whole pepper (red, yellow or orange), seeded and sliced
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil , (extra light olive oil or canola)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the vegetable and stir fry about 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the butter, garlic, ginger and cook until fragrant.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the stir fry sauce. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir.
- Turn heat down to medium/low and cook 3-4 minutes, until sauce thickens and vegetables are desired tenderness.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen