Welcoming Tanya’s Little Man; A Baby Shower
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
My oldest sister, Tanya is due in the next couple weeks. This will be her second and this time around she’s expecting a boy. We celebrated her baby shower at my house this past weekend. The decorations were whimsical, the menu was incredible and the guests seemed to really enjoy themselves. Here’s a peak at the party. Lots and lots of photos.
The theme: “Little man”
The Colors: Royal blue, a couple shades of teal and light blue. Also, black and white. Oh and gold accents (I would never have come up with a color scheme as lovely, but then I decorate scrapbooks with stickers (I am not ashamed).
Before I go on, I’d like to give credit to my sister Alla for being the brains behind the decorating operations. She spent hours planning, sewing, taping and hot glue gunning things together. The rest of us were merely minions (“subordinate or petty officials”- says the dictionary). If I had decorated things myself, I would not have taken pictures. lol. I keep telling Alla she would rock a home design blog; Every room in her home looks like something out of a magazine…
The main dining table; Get it, “A Baby Shower” – rain, clouds,… shower. Alla covered my chandelier with white pompoms made of tissue paper and she sewed those rain drops (yep; she sewed them!). She also made the birds that are hanging from the clouds. Isn’t it whimsical?
The Entry: guests were greeted to this lovely display.
There was one game; we aren’t big on games, but every shower needs at least one good game. We had guests guess the size of Tanya’s belly and the closest 3 entries won. As prizes we gave away some pretty nail polishes.
Alla made all of those bow ties, pinned them to onesies and strung everything together with a thick white ribbon.
The mantle had more of the rain drops she sewed along with birds and gold accents above. I told her she could leave the gold stuff after the party 😉 And look, more birds!
The Menu: (I’ve included links to most of the recipes)
1. Smoked Salmon Canapes
4. Spinach and strawberry salad (can’t have a party without this one!)
5. cucumber salad (similar to this cucumber and tomato salad)
6. Another Salad I forgot to photograph was one of my favorites: Russian Beet Salad
7. Red Potatoes with Bacon
8. Wild Rice Pilaf (I need to nab the recipe from my sister Sveta)
9. Beef Stroganoff with the addition of Leeks (It was great with the leeks and I’ll have to re-make it!)
10. Mom’s meat roulade (this is on my to-do list)
11. Shrimp. Shrimp. And more Shrimp.
12. Korzinki with cream, cranberries and chocolate chips. The base/basket part is this recipe.
13. Katerina’s Russian cake Truffles (do you see my attempt at mustaches and bow ties?).
Photos with the mustaches were hilarious fun. These are all the ladies in my family; Left to right: Mom, Anna, Me, Alla, Sveta, Tanya.
With my lovely Prego sister. Congrats Tanya. Can’t wait to meet and cuddle your little man!