Avocado Shrimp Salsa Recipe (VIDEO)
It has plump flavorful bites of shrimp, loads of avocado with the perfect amount of creaminess, crunchy cucumber, tomatoes of course and fresh lime juice which pulls it all together. The FRESH lime juice is key so don’t skip on it. That one ingredient adds enough flavor to the entire salsa where you don’t need any extra salt. Why is this awesome?? Your veggies will stay crisp (salt tends to soften cucumbers and tomatoes). Lime juice also preserves the avocado’s color so this salsa is still just as amazing refrigerated for the next day.
I am convinced that this is the perfect shrimp salsa. Watch the video recipe to see just how easy it is!
Watch How to Make Avocado Shrimp Salsa:
Enjoy your shrimp salsa feast! If this becomes your new favorite, let me know! 😉 We are completely smitten with this shrimp salsa and have made it countless times.
Avocado Shrimp Salsa Ingredients:
1 lb shrimp (we used 21-25 count), peeled and deveined*
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of 3 medium limes
2 medium/large avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
1/2 english cucumber, diced
3 medium (or 4 roma) tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, finely diced
1/2 bunch Cilantro, chopped
Tortilla chips and hot sauce to serve
*We used raw shrimp here but we have been known to add pre-cooked shrimp to speed up the process. With pre-cooked shrimp – rinse under cold water, pat dry with paper towels then chop.
⬇️Print-Friendly Avocado Shrimp Salsa Recipe:
Avocado Shrimp Salsa Recipe
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined*
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 3 medium limes
- 2 medium/large avocados
- ½ english cucumber
- 3 medium (or 4 roma) tomatoes
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch Cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla chips and Tabasco sauce to serve
- Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper. Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook 3 minutes total, turning once halfway. Saute just until cooked through then remove from the pan. Transfer to cutting board, coarsely chop and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 3 medium limes over the shrimp, stir and set aside to marinate while you prepare remaining salsa ingredients.
- Dice cucumber, tomato and avocado and add them to the mixing bowl with shrimp.
- Finely dice onion and chop ½ bunch of fresh cilantro. Add to the mixing bowl then stir together all of the ingredients until well combined and serve. We love this served with hot sauce (such as Tabasco) and tortilla chips.
Notes*If using any sized pre-cooked shrimp - rinse under cold water, pat dry with paper towels then chop.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Q: What is your all-time favorite salsa or dip? Is there such a one that gives you fierce cravings like this shrimp salsa does for us?