Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry (VIDEO)
Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry is a meal in itself with saucy Ramen noodles, tender beef, and plenty of broccoli. This homemade stir fry is an easy 30-minute lunch or dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Beef and Broccoli Ramen Video :
If you enjoyed this video for Broccoli Beef Ramen Stir Fry, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel (P.S. Click the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new video). Thank you for subscribing!
Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
It’s funny now, but we stocked up on ramen noodles in 2020 because, like many families, we were thinking about food shortages. We don’t often cook ramen, but since we have a stash, we’re now figuring out delicious ways to use it up. So you could say 2020 gave us the gift of this Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry recipe!
Ramen Stir Fry was a home run for our family. My son can’t get enough of it and says it tastes better than Panda Express (which he loves). I made it twice in one week and he finished the leftovers to the last bite. P.S. It reheats well the next day.
Ingredients for Ramen Stir Fry
The ingredients are very close to our wildly popular Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry and the addition of instant ramen makes this a one-pan meal.
- Beef – we used 1 lb flank steak but top sirloin is a great substitution. You could even substitute with thinly sliced boneless pork loin chops.
- Broccoli – a full pound makes this a well-rounded meal (see veggie substitution options below)
- Dill and Chives – these are optional garnish, but highly recommended
- Stir Fry Sauce – Grated fresh ginger and garlic combined with brown sugar, water, soy sauce, sesame oil, corn starch, and black pepper. This corn starch causes the sauce to thicken and turn perfectly saucy.
The Best Ramen Noodles for Stir Fry
- Instant Ramen Soup Packets – It’s easiest to use 2 of the standard 3.5 oz packages of instant ramen noodles (any brand) – discard the seasoning packets and cook in water according to package instructions.
- Organic Ramen Noodles – we have found organic ramen noodles in our local grocery store. It worked well, but these seemed to get a little mushy with reheating.
- Cup Noodles – In a pinch, I’ve made this work with 4 cup noodles (rinse off the seasonings in water then boil in water 2-3 minutes or until tender).
How to Make Ramen Stir Fry
- Cook Ramen Noodles – boil in water for 3 minutes or according to package instructions then drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Make Stir Fry Sauce – Combine all of the stir fry sauce ingredients in a large measuring cup and stir to dissolve the sugar. Using warm water helps it dissolve faster.
- Cook Broccoli – steam cook with 2 Tbsp water covered with the lid for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp-tender, then transfer broccoli to a plate.
- Sear Beef – cook in a single layer for 2 minutes per side, stirring once. Use a large skillet to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Add Sauce – Once the sauce is added, simmer for 3-4 minutes for the garlic and ginger to mellow out and to thicken the sauce.
- Combine and Serve – add broccoli and cooked ramen back to the pan and serve garnished with sesame and chives.
You can get creative and change up the vegetables. Try subbing broccoli for snap peas, or chopped asparagus.
Yes! You can use a large heavy skillet or a wok to cook this stir fry. You will still need to cook the ramen separately.
Fresh ginger will give you the best flavor and we highly recommend using it for the best results. In a pinch, you can substitute 1/4 tsp ground ginger for 1 tsp grated fresh ginger.
We haven’t found any other ingredient that substitutes well to give you the same flavor as sesame oil. This is a critical ingredient for those Asian takeout flavors we all love.
- To Refrigerate: cool the stir fry to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days
- To Reheat: Add a sprinkle of water and toss over a warm skillet until heated through or reheat in the microwave until steaming hot. Adding a little water will keep the stir fry moist and saucy.
Beef and Broccoli Ramen stir fry is our favorite way to elevate a humble packet of ramen noodles. I hope it makes you fall in love with ramen noodle stir fry and use up your stash of ramen if you have one.
More 30-Minute Stir Fry Recipes
Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry Recipe
Beef and Broccoli Ingredients:
Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, grated (2 tsp)
- 6 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Start by cooking ramen so it is ready when you need it. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles and cook 3 minutes, breaking them up with a spatula. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
In a large measuring cup or bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and stir to dissolve the sugar.
Place a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, add 1 Tbsp oil, 6 cups broccoli and 2 Tbsp water. Cover with lid and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp tender. Transfer broccoli to a separate dish.
Increase to medium high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add beef in a single layer and sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through then reduce heat to medium low.
Re-stir the sauce if it has separated and add to the pan and simmer 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. It will thicken. Return broccoli to the pan along with the cooked noodles and stir or toss to combine and coat the noodles in sauce. Add 1 to 2 Tbsp water to the sauce to thin if desired. Serve garnished with sesame seeds and chives.