BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
This BLT Pasta Salad Recipe is that perfect summertime pasta salad for potlucks and barbecues. The pasta combined with juicy tomatoes, lettuce, and bacon is like having a classic BLT Sandwich served as a salad.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
The Best BLT Pasta Salad
A BLT Pasta Salad is essentially cooked pasta combined with crispy bacon pieces and tomatoes in a creamy homemade dressing. This has the best salad dressing which really makes this salad.
This is the perfect pasta salad for a large party, family gathering, or even a summer picnic. It’s so easy to throw together and is such a crowd-pleaser. It can also be enjoyed as a quick dinner or lunch as it’s so filling.
The ingredients for the pasta salad are so simple and inexpensive, and you most likely already have them on hand in your pantry and refrigerator.
- Bacon – Any bacon will work in this recipe. We like to use our Oven Baked Bacon or Air Fryer Bacon for perfectly cooked bacon.
- Lettuce – We used romaine but iceberg lettuce will work just fine.
- Pasta – Any short pasta will work. You can use bowtie, rotini, elbow, penne, ziti, etc.
- Tomato – Any tomato on hand will work, just cut it into small bite-size pieces.
- Onion – You can use either red onion or sweet onion.
- Dressing – The dressing consists of Ranch, sour cream, mayo, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad
- Cook Pasta – Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Cook bacon – Cook the bacon using your favorite method of cooking.
- Cut lettuce – Rinse, chop and dry the lettuce.
- Make the dressing – In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Combine – Add salad ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine. Pour the dressing just before serving and gently toss to combine.
Pro Tip: To make sure the salad is not watery or soggy, after rinsing and chopping your lettuce, use a salad spinner to remove any excess water. This will also help keep your greens crisp longer.
There are so many different ingredients you can add to the classic salad recipe. Here are some of our favorite add-ins for BLT Pasta Salad:
- Diced avocado
- Cheddar cheese, grated or diced
- Chopped bell peppers
- Diced cucumbers
If you don’t want to use our homemade dressing, you can use your favorite store-bought ranch dressing. You can also try the dressing from our Classic BLT Salad.
Yes, rinsing it under cold water stops the cooking process of the pasta and keeps the pasta from sticking together and becoming mushy.
Yes, you can use any short pasta for this recipe.
This salad is best when enjoyed fresh as the lettuce will start to get soggy. Store any leftover salad in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerating – This pasta salad can totally be made up to one day in advance! Keep the salad ingredients in one bowl and the dressing in a separate container or mason jar. Cover both and refrigerate.
- To Serve – Once you have added the salad dressing, serve right away so the lettuce doesn’t get soggy.
More Salad Recipes
- Fancy Chicken Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Wedge Salad
- Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Cauliflower Broccoli Salad
- Kani Salad Recipe
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain the pasta and rinse under cold water, set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until creamy.
- In a large salad bowl, add the cooked pasta, chopped romaine, halved tomatoes, cooked bacon, and chopped red onion and toss.
- Just before serving, add the dressing to taste and gently toss until combined.