23 Dutch Oven Recipes
Why does everything taste better in a dutch oven? Check out these amazing dutch oven recipes from casseroles, to soups, creamy pasta bakes and even dutch oven bread.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
The Dutch Oven We Use:
We use this 5.5 Qt Dutch oven by Le Creuset (Amazon affiliate link). We actually have 2 (in Red and Blue). Now all I need is the white one and I can decorate for the 4th of July! 😉 The non-stick coating makes it super easy to clean, cook with and maintain. We’re giving away a fantastic set of LeCreuset cookware including this 5.5 Qt Dutch oven. Enter the giveaway below!
Our Best Dutch Oven Recipes
Dutch ovens have been around FOR-EVER! The dutch oven is such a versatile tool in the kitchen. It makes everything taste better because they have a heavy bottom for even heat conduction and they have heavy lids that seal in moisture and flavor. This pot is most useful for dutch oven recipes that need to go from the stove to the oven, reducing what we call the “dish factor” (less dishes!). They also retain heat really well and are lovely for serving.
Our dutch oven recipes are among some of the top recipes on our site. If you’re on the fence about investing in a dutch oven, this post may help you see the vast possibilities for cooking with a dutch oven. We have everything from dutch oven steel cut oats to a gorgeous pork tenderloin roast for the holidays, to something as simple as cooking shrimp pasta, and even corn pops treats!
Dutch Oven Soups and Stews:
- Tender Beef Stew – tender morsels of beef and veggies (photo above)
- Soup Kharcho – a dutch oven beef, tomato and rice soup
- Sauerkraut Soup – completely delicous with white beans and bacon.
- Lamb Stew – a holiday worthy goes from stove to oven in the dutch oven
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup – a classic made creamy
- Clam Chowder – New England style with a secret garnish!
Dutch Oven Casseroles and Pasta Bakes:
- Chicken Tetrazzini is perfect in a dutch oven and goes from the stove to the oven
- Dutch Oven Chicken Pasta with a creamy white wine tomato sauce
- Sweet Potato Casserole – with an irresistible crunchy topping and creamy center
- Spaghetti and Meatballs – sear the juicy meatballs and make the sauce in one pot
Dutch Oven Pilafs and Plov Recipes:
- Buckwheat and Beef Pilaf – Natasha’s favorite pilaf (photo above)
- Beef Plov – flavorful rice with tender morsels of beef
- Mushroom Marinara – Alla’s homemade pasta sauce
- Mushroom Rice Pilaf – an easy excellent side dish
- Creamy Chicken and Rice – a one-pot meal similar to risotto
Dutch Oven Bread:
- Easy 5-Seed Dutch Oven Bread – crispy outside and so soft inside.
Surprising Dutch Oven Recipes:
- How to Cook Beans in a Dutch Oven – homemade is just way better than canned!
- Braised Cabbage with beef – the dutch oven is perfect for braising recipes
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls – just like Mom’s! These are cooked to perfection in a dutch oven.