Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe
You’ll love this tried and true, quick and easy method of preparing Pork Tenderloin. Searing the tenderloin forms a lovely crust sealing in the natural juices and the meat is so tender!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This is our favorite baked pork tenderloin oven recipe. It requires zero marinating time! Piercing the tenderloin with a fork allows the seasoning to penetrate deeper and you don’t have to marinate the meat for hours. The quick prep makes this a perfect option for unexpected company or a hungry family.
We have included Amazon affiliate links to the products used to make this recipe.
Watch how to Cook Pork Tenderloin:
Pork tenderloin is also reasonably priced (we paid $18 for 4 tenderloins at Costco), and I think it’s just as satisfying as steak! If you haven’t tried it, you must! It’s also easy to double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd because it always disappears fast and leftovers taste just as good the next day sliced into sandwiches or served as a side. I’m confident this baked pork tenderloin will become a go-to family favorite for you.
Pork Tenderloin Ingredients:
You will create your dry rub for pork tenderloin with just salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and ground coriander. If you don’t have coriander, you can omit it and the recipe will still work. I love finding recipes where all of the ingredients are already in my pantry!
How to make Roasted Pork Tenderloin:
Prep: Preheat oven to 400˚F with the rack in the middle.
How To Remove Pork Tenderloin Silver Skin: Trim tenderloin of fat and any silver skin and pat dry with a paper towel.
1. Combine 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste, 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1 tsp Italian Seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp ground coriander.
2. Pierce pork loin all over with a fork and rub with 1 Tbsp oil than sprinkle onto the tenderloin. Use your hands to rub the spices into the tenderloin until evenly coated.
4. Place in the oven and bake uncovered at 400˚F for 13-15 minutes, flipping the tenderloin over halfway through baking. Bake until center of pork registers 150˚F (I have let mine get to 160 and it’s still super tender) then transfer to a cutting board and let meat rest 5-10 min before slice into rings to serve. It doesn’t need a sauce, but it is also really good served with A1 or BBQ sauce.
What Color is Cooked Pork Tenderloin?
*The USDA now recommends letting the tenderloin get to 145˚F and letting it rest at least 3 minutes. With a perfect pork tenderloin temperature of 145˚F, the meat will still be slightly pink in the middle.
I highly recommend a digital (instant read) thermometer like this one will help you achieve the perfect doneness.
More Pork Recipes You Will LOVE:
- Pulled Pork Recipe – a slow cooker recipe that melts in your mouth
- Pork Schnitzel – a pork chops recipe that is crispy outside and juicy inside
- How to Make Homemade Sausage – entertaining video tutorial; start to finish
- Juicy Pork Meatballs – like you’ve never tried before with secret ingredient!
Baked Pork Tenderloin Recipe (Print-Friendly):
Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe
How to make Roasted Pork Tenderloin: Preheat oven to 400˚F with the rack in the middle.
Trim tenderloin of fat and any silver skin and pat dry with a paper towel. Pierce pork loin all over with a fork and rub with 1 Tbsp oil.
Combine your seasonings and sprinkle onto the tenderloin then use your hands to rub the spices into the tenderloin until evenly coated.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil over med-high heat in a large oven-safe pan (cast iron or a dutch oven will work). Once oil is hot, add pork and brown on all sides (6 minutes total).
Place in the oven and bake uncovered at 400˚F for 13-15 min, flipping the tenderloin over halfway through baking. Bake until center of pork registers at least 150˚F then transfer to a cutting board and let meat rest 5-10 min. Slice into rings and serve.
*Oil used should have a high smoke point.
**Pork tenderloin is very juicy and does not need a sauce, but it is also really good served with A1 or BBQ sauce.
Is your mouth watering like crazy? Try this pork tenderloin recipe once and you’ll make it over and over!
P.S. Don’t miss our top 5, most viral recipes of 2017 – everything about these is good!