Easy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This Strawberry Smoothie recipe is thick, refreshing, and packed with fresh strawberry flavor. It has just 4 ingredients: strawberries, bananas, and pineapple blended together with coconut milk or your favorite base.
This strawberry banana smoothie will give you some serious feel-good energy in the morning!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe:
We love summer strawberries when they are at their peak of sweetness because they really shine in smoothies. There is nothing like a Strawberry Smoothie in the morning to give you a cool and refreshing jolt before your day starts. Since the main ingredient is strawberries, it has an intense strawberry flavor that our whole family loves.
This has the classic taste of a strawberry banana smoothie, but you can change up your smoothie based on what you have on hand. For a different flavor twist, check out the Apricot Strawberry Smoothie, or our popular Strawberry Cherry Smoothie Recipe. You could also serve this as a smoothie bowl with fun toppings.
Ingredients for Strawberry Smoothies:
- Strawberries: The main ingredient! I love using fresh strawberries, but frozen strawberries are an option. Remove strawberry tops to preserve the pretty pink color.
- Coconut Milk: My favorite base giving this smoothie a tropical flavor. See below for other options.
- Bananas: A staple ingredient for many smoothies, gives a nice creamy texture.
- Pineapple: More tropical flavor for this delicious treat and the frozen chunks serve as a flavorful “ice” so this smoothie is packed full of flavor!
How to Make a Strawberry Smoothie:
- Combine all of your ingredients in your blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve to the folks who have probably formed a line behind you.
Smoothie Pro Tip: Be sure to put the liquid ingredients in first, and then the frozen ingredients. The liquid helps with the blending process and prevents your blender from locking up on the hard frozen fruits!
Can I use a Different Kind of Milk?
Smoothies are so versatile! You can make them using just about any milk or liquid base. My favorite option is to use Coconut Milk for Strawberry Smoothies, which adds a slight tropical taste and is a great dairy-free option if you have allergies or other health concerns.
Other liquid options include:
- Regular Milk: Creamy traditional smoothie base
- Nut Milks: Almond, Cashew, etc – add a nice nutty flavor and are a great dairy-free option
- Fruit Juice: An extra punch of sweetness without needing to add sugar
- Water: If you are counting those calories!
Can I use Frozen Strawberries for Smoothies?
Frozen strawberries work great for smoothies so you can enjoy strawberry smoothies year-round. Using frozen fruit in your smoothies helps keep them chilled and thick. If we have leftover fruit or a bumper crop of berries, we often store them in freezer-safe bags to make a quick smoothie another day.
How to Hull Strawberries:
The hull is the green leafy cap at the top of a strawberry. We hull strawberries to keep the color consistent in the smoothie. Hulling a strawberry is easy – using a small pairing knife, make a circular cut around the top, aiming towards the center to remove the top like a cork.
A strawberry huller makes this job really quick and easy with minimal waste since you remove the hull with one circular motion and you don’t have to cut away any portion of the strawberry flesh.
More Summer Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad: always a hit at parties!
- Strawberry Sauce: delectable 3-ingredient topping
- Strawberry Shortcake: classic and easy
- Easy Strawberry Cake: soft and moist bursting with flavor
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes: perfect for summer entertaining
Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
This easy, simple, and delicious Strawberry Smoothie recipe combines strawberries, coconut milk, bananas, and pineapple to give you a refreshing burst of summer flavor.
- 1 cup coconut milk original (or almond milk, or regular milk)
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and halved
- 1 banana peeled and quartered
- 1 cup pineapple chunks frozen
Combine all of your ingredients in the order that they are listed (liquid on the bottom and frozen on top).
Blend until smooth and serve right away.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen